MLB 2017 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

there's just certain positions that aren't ideal for left handed players

you can't be a left handed catcher; right handed batter in the box, player on second base, stealing third would be piss easy

left handed 2nd basemen are rare, there's only been four since 1950, one was Don Mattingly for the Yankees when they continued the infamous pine tar incident game in 1983

there's just certain positions that aren't ideal for left handed players

you can't be a left handed catcher; right handed batter in the box, player on second base, stealing third would be piss easy

left handed 2nd basemen are rare, there's only been four since 1950, one was Don Mattingly for the Yankees when they continued the infamous pine tar incident game in 1983

Been a few lefty catchers who caught for a game or two and/or a few innings...but you are right, it is not ideal.

So slightly off topic for the guys and girls that have been to MLB live, I am planning my trip at end of year, where is the best spots to sit???

Depends what you want..if you are looking for a foul ball...down the first or third base line is ideal. If you want to get close to the game, anywhere from first base towards home and around to third base is ideal.

If you like a higher view then the first couple rows of the second deck (again from first around home to third) is ideal.

If you want to sunbathe and/or cost is an issue---cheap seats out in the outfield.

Any of y'all watch the MLB network?

You can watch it using Apple TV?

There's non dodgy ways to watch it in Australia? It's annoying I pay around $150 each year to watch the games but can't watch that channel.

Totally forgot Freeman is a right hand throw so that's why can play him at 3rd base, duh....

Geez those Astros can hit...

The Astros are scary good this year. I know win/loss doesn't mean anything come the playoffs (Houston are 57-27 right now and the 2001 Mariners were 57-21) but I really think the Astros are strong favourites to win the WS. They don't have much of a weakness anywhere and could trade for a SP which will only make them better.

KC have recovered well from 10-20 to be 43-40. Currently 1.5 games behind the Indians and sitting in a Wildcard spot.

Hopefully sweep the Mariners tomorrow and then a tough away series against the Dodgers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussie peter moylan having an interesting season. ERA of 6 but has also had 31 scoreless relief appearances.

Basically his high ERA is due to 3 appearances of 5, 5 and 4 runs. Otherwise been very good. Shows ERA for a reliever can be misleading

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Braves are in a 2 our rain delay at DC - only issue is no rain has fallen yet. Tarp went on 80 mins into the rain delay and still no rain.

Some idiot made the wrong call here, just crazy. Another game at the same time was delayed for 30 mins and is now into the 7th inning.

Apparently the home side decides if rain delays the start of a game, umpires only during a game. Surely the Nats should have to forfeit the game.

yeah they tried him one more time and was just as putrid. rumours mets might bring him back

Yeah as a stop gap only for their horrendously long DL list. Get him for nothing, sell their expensive pieces with the expectation he'll do not much other than get through 6-7 innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braves are in a 2 our rain delay at DC - only issue is no rain has fallen yet. Tarp went on 80 mins into the rain delay and still no rain.

Some idiot made the wrong call here, just crazy. Another game at the same time was delayed for 30 mins and is now into the 7th inning.

Apparently the home side decides if rain delays the start of a game, umpires only during a game. Surely the Nats should have to forfeit the game.

Cos reading the weather has always been a sure thing

Watching Toronto and Houston at the moment. F*** me the Jays are a rabble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pirates are 10-0 against the Cubs in the top of the first :eek:

Last edited:
And yet winning 14-3 still wasn't the biggest result of the day.

Houston beat Toronto 19-1 :eek:

I watched this game as I had money on it (Over 9.5 runs :D ) and at times it felt the Astro's were just taking batting practice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back