MLB 2017 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear, Mariners blow a six run lead bottom of the 9th against the Angels.

According to espn, prior to this game, since 2011 teams that lead by six runs or greater in the 9th have a 2,529 to 1 win/loss record!!

D-Backs and Rockies making the NL West interesting. Good stuff

As I just posted in the Cubs Universe thread:

After a bit of a rain delay just about to proudly watch the 2016 World Series banner being raised at Wrigley Field, something I've waited almost all of my 64 years for.:D

As I just posted in the Cubs Universe thread:

Awesome!

So glad the game started this late. I had my Dog's Vet appointment at 9:40AM and the game was supposed to begin at 10:05AM, so was naturally going to miss the banner ceremony or so I thought. Arrived home at 11, ran straight for the TV and I saw the national anthem first and then the banner ceremony was on after it.

It begs the question, if the game was delayed 2 hours because of it, what about the ring ceremony if the Cubs pull a Red Sox and hand out 500 of them (imagine if each one is shown). :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had tears in my eyes once again. I almost got a ticket last week from Stubhub in my favourite cheap seats section 527. It was a total of $115, but my nephew wasn't going so I couldn't get a ride and I'm not really well enough to take public transport so far especially walking. Last year when I was at Wrigley with my brother I fell down a few of the stairs in the upper deck after the game. I was OK, but it scared the crap out of me. Anyway with the rain and cold tonight I don't think I could have gone. If only I were about thirty years younger... :p

cubs_zpssy6ajvwr.jpeg

Oh man, ESPN's Cubs circle-jerk coverage is intolerable. Thoughts Channel 7's infatuation with Federer was bad. Dont forget to take the tag off your new merch Cubs 'fans'.

I had tears in my eyes once again. I almost got a ticket last week from Stubhub in my favourite cheap seats section 527. It was a total of $115, but my nephew wasn't going so I couldn't get a ride and I'm not really well enough to take public transport so far especially walking. Last year when I was at Wrigley with my brother I fell down a few of the stairs in the upper deck after the game. I was OK, but it scared the crap out of me. Anyway with the rain and cold tonight I don't think I could have gone. If only I were about thirty years younger... :p

cubs_zpssy6ajvwr.jpeg

Damn, sorry to hear that mate (the whole thing, missing being at the game and taking a fall). Hopefully the Cubs can get you a win tonight.

Oh man, ESPN's Cubs circle-jerk coverage is intolerable. Thoughts Channel 7's infatuation with Federer was bad. Dont forget to take the tag off your new merch Cubs 'fans'.

Knowing how much the Cubs players are all high-character guys with not an ego between them, it becomes embarrassing the love-fest we're getting by guys who only discovered the Cubs were a Baseball team last October. It's why I love listening to our own announcers (and that goes for the other teams) rather than ESPN/Fox.

And the Cubs win it at 12:40am (3-2) with a walk off single in the 9th by Rizzo(first RBI for the year for him). Temp about 2.5C at end of game. The temp this morning was 23C when I woke up.

Angels have started the year positively which is good.

Blue Jays struggling big time and good to see my NL team the Padres having a decent start to what is going to be a very long year

How are the power rankings worked out? Seems like the biggest crock of s**t ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got up and watched the Pads and Rockies this morning and boy is Will Myers swing pretty I am so glad he is finally fulfilling his potential.

Dodgers shut out Cubs. McCarthy 2 wins now in 2 starts - good effort considering he was lucky to make the rotation. Stripling also pitching well, again lucky to be there with the injury to Baez. Jansen did what hes paid to do.

4-2 loss this morning to the Pirates. Our hitters been largely anonymous in every defeat we've suffered this year. Best to describe it is we've been pitching like prime Kerry Wood and hitting like 2016 Jason Heyward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back