MLB 2017 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on the guy from SI who predicted it.

Once again a team of relative no names beat a huge payroll.

The Astros needed a lot of losing to get there but they did in the end. That route has proven to work.

And how much scarier would the Astros be been right now if they hit the jackpot on all three number 1 draft picks? They hit the jackpot with Carlos Correa. But Mark Appel is in the Phillies organisation now and hasn’t made his MLB debut (picked over Kris Bryant) and Brady Aiken didn’t sign with the Astros and has wound up with the Indians and he hasn’t made his MLB debut yet. He was taken over Carlos Rodon, Schwarber, Conforto, Aaron Nola, Trea Turner to name a few that would’ve made that team all the more potent. Yikes!

Bit harsh to say they were no names, all this goes to show is that in baseball (and footy to some extent) there's no substitute for good scouting, sabermetric analysis and player development

I do wonder if the Dodgers FO would take the last few months back. Number 4 in-system prospect and another two top 30 prospects traded for 3 months of Yu Darvish, who is the biggest reason why they will loss game 7.

Contrast that haul with what Houston traded for 2 and a half years of Justin Verlander.

Easy to say in hindsight!

Dave Roberts is the reason they lost game 7.
Too long with Darvish and Bellinger also put in a nightmare

No Names?

lol

Altuve best 2B in baseball, Correa arguably best hitting SS in baseball, Verlander one of the biggest names in baseball and Keuchel a Cy Young winner.

Dodgers had close to $60 mill dead money in Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez and Scott Kazmir.

Dave Roberts is the reason they lost game 7.
Too long with Darvish and Bellinger also put in a nightmare

It was a bad joke on my part. I am not silly enough to really believe that the Dodgers FO are to blame for the Game 7 loss.

Anytime the Dodgers lose a Series is a good time.

Congrats Astros on your first
1d2f004cfe312ff7834d218c9b6cbe27

Offseason already in full swing.
We hired Kevin Long as hitting coach. Apparaently he did a good job at the Mets before they all got injured, please don't be a double agent
We also declined Adam Lind's $5m mutual option. I understand he would probably get more money elsewhere as a starter but still, his guy was a bargain and we didn't even try to retain him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to ask you guys something. I am planning on a trip to America next year and whilst there I want to watch a Cubs game (vs the Twins in July 1st). I have checked StubHub who seem to have tickets sparingly through the stadium, which is fine and all, but the fine print says tickets are mobile only (no physical ticket) and also, the tickets will be delivered by June 30, 2018. I am a bit worried about that one, I don’t want to have paid a few hundred dollars and to be waiting all that time for the tickets, especially when I am away and not even sure I will have the internet available.

Do you guys have experience with StubHub and how it actually works? Is there a reason why a game 8 months out would be virtually sold out?

Edit: I actually went to other games tickets (about 3 or 4 different games) and they’re all showing the exact same tickets available as the July 1st game. Now I am even more confused lol.

https://stub.tickets/3254162/Chicago-Cubs-vs-St-Louis-Cardinals

https://stub.tickets/3254194/Chicago-Cubs-vs-Minnesota-Twins

For example that is what I mean.

Last edited:
I want to ask you guys something. I am planning on a trip to America next year and whilst there I want to watch a Cubs game (vs the Twins in July 1st). I have checked StubHub who seem to have tickets sparingly through the stadium, which is fine and all, but the fine print says tickets are mobile only (no physical ticket) and also, the tickets will be delivered by June 30, 2018. I am a bit worried about that one, I don’t want to have paid a few hundred dollars and to be waiting all that time for the tickets, especially when I am away and not even sure I will have the internet available.

Do you guys have experience with StubHub and how it actually works? Is there a reason why a game 8 months out would be virtually sold out?

Edit: I actually went to other games tickets (about 3 or 4 different games) and they’re all showing the exact same tickets available as the July 1st game. Now I am even more confused lol.

https://stub.tickets/3254162/Chicago-Cubs-vs-St-Louis-Cardinals

https://stub.tickets/3254194/Chicago-Cubs-vs-Minnesota-Twins

For example that is what I mean.
I was in the US and bought bleacher seats at Nats Park for $4 on stubhub. The game was in 3 days time and there were still a lot of seats available (the Nats were terrible in 2011) hence why they cost dirt.

Boasting about bargain hunting aside, popular teams like the Cubs will always be targeted by scalpers, hence the inflated prices and the fact all the same sections are sold in those two examples is because they're consistently the most profitable. Some seats may become available closer to the gametime

I've never had problems with the legitimacy (I've only bought from them twice though) but personally I'd take caution buying tickets so far out

I was in the US and bought bleacher seats at Nats Park for $4 on stubhub. The game was in 3 days time and there were still a lot of seats available (the Nats were terrible in 2011) hence why they cost dirt.

Boasting about bargain hunting aside, popular teams like the Cubs will always be targeted by scalpers, hence the inflated prices and the fact all the same sections are sold in those two examples is because they're consistently the most profitable. Some seats may become available closer to the gametime

I've never had problems with the legitimacy (I've only bought from them twice though) but personally I'd take caution buying tickets so far out

Thanks for your help, mate!

I was told by a StubHub seller I found elsewhere that those seats that are selling (in those two links) are season ticket holders and tickets for the 2018 season don’t become available until February or thereabouts. Also, there are no more paper tickets, hence the need for a mobile.

I was told to even book around June, so no need to book now and you only pay when the tickets are sent, something about a code being entered into the system by the seller.

Angels re signed Justin Upton for 5 years. Would they try and trade Albert
We could trade Harper for him and Trout and we'd still be losing the deal. That's how s**t his contract is

It would take some wizardry from the Angels front office as well as another really dumb team for them to get rid of him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back