MLB 2018/19 Off season

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay, Mike Mussina and Mariano Rivera elected to the Hall of Fame.

What a great HOF class. Mariano Rivera has become the first player to be elected in unanimously. I never thought I would see the day when this happened. Plenty of players deserve 100% of the vote (Rivera included) but there is always one or 2 voters who vote just to be different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

damochandler

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
jeter won't get that next year. i'm surprised Schilling still hasn't gotten in yet, big mac, Clemmens and bonds won't ever get in by the looks of it. even though bonds would get in without the steroid period

RPCB

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
jeter won't get that next year. i'm surprised Schilling still hasn't gotten in yet, big mac, Clemmens and bonds won't ever get in by the looks of it. even though bonds would get in without the steroid period
Bonds is a HOF’er for everything he did in the first half of his career alone, before he started using steroids. But PEDs are PEDs regardless, so he won’t be getting in.

FRUMPY

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Thought the braves may have gone a little harder on some free agents but have settled their line-up for now signing Markakis for 2019. Still got some room to spend according to sources so will likely see some movement later in the year if competitive again. Still a plethora of young arms to trade if they want to make a mid-season trade

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cartagena C.F., NYJ, A's
Moderator #33
As an A's fan, I'm unsurprised but still very disappointed that Murray saw fit to break a contract he signed with the A's. The A's bent over backwards to accommodate him and his snake oil salesman Scott Boras at every turn. The only silver lining is that he didn't do it during training camp.

FRUMPY

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Well a few days before pitchers and catchers report to spring training and best two free agents still there on the shelf.
Amazing but things have definetly changed on the free agent front. Club's reluctant to sign as big contracts as the players want. They will sign for a big club for big bucks but not the long years the player wants

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Thread starter #35
Amazing but things have definetly changed on the free agent front. Club's reluctant to sign as big contracts as the players want. They will sign for a big club for big bucks but not the long years the player wants

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah certainly. Good article here on how some players now signing 4-5 year extensions to cover their arbitration years and first yet or two of free agency to lock in guaranteed money. Plus also to cover for ever more likely players strike at next bargaining agreement after 2021 season.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/15/new-york-yankees-luis-severino-contract-extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom