MLB 2019-2020 Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

• Rick Porcello signs for the Mets for 1 yr. A very Metsy move
  • Brett Gardner re-signs with Yankees, water is wet
  • José Peraza signs for the Red Sox, presumably replacing Brock Holt at second base.
  • Boston also sign Martín Pérez, presumably replacing Porcello, one of the worst pitchers in MLB the last two years. Look out, Yankees.

I'll die if the Rockies actually trade Arenado.

I doubt it unless they get a stupidly good offer; but the fact it's come up scares the s**t out of me.

I thought I was going to expire after hearing of the Goldschmidt deal last year, but a few weeks in I had moved on. Kinda makes my signed Goldy ball look a bit silly packed in a Dbacks box that I got this time last year 😳🙄🤣

I bet he's also a Patriots, Lakers and Warriors until 2 months ago fan

I thought this was...as Americans would say...pretty neat...

Gerritt Cole as a kid at the 2001 WS holding the sign ....

....Cole at his Yankees signing holding the same sign...

Ah, 2001 World Series 😁😁

He was bad first half of last season, big money for mid 30s
Yeah I was happy with what he produced but was a slow first half. Injury prone and as you say getting old, not to disappointed.

Having said that, we need a big bat to protect Freeman and are in the win it all timeline.

Reckon we will go for either arenado or Bryant via trade if we can get guaranteed years contracts and obviously a trade (have surplus prospects to get a trade done)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About time Walker got in, and just in time for that matter.
1579662744687.png
Lol at Jeets not getting unanimous though

CA769E51-2F8D-4BE0-AB9B-454043342BAC.gif

Woooo Mets baby we’re going to surprise this year, that rotation 😍

Hopefully Polar bear doesn’t have a sophomore slump.

I just read on Reddit that Boston will trade Mookie Betts and Price to the Dodgers - surely not 😮

It sort of made sense to include Price to get his big contract off the books but now i read they will pay a big chunk of his salary so not so great.

From what im reading, redsox dont think they can sign Betts to a long term deal before the end of the season (as he wants to go to free agency and get as much as he can) so will try and get what they can for him (some good young talent). Wouldnt surprise if they try and resign him next year though but by the sounds of things they are trying to lessen their payroll a bit

Last edited:
It sort of made sense to include Price to get his big contract off the books but now i read they will pay a big chunk of his salary so not so great.

From what im reading, redsox dont think they can sign Betts to a long term deal before the end of the season (as he wants to go to free agency and get as much as he can) so will try and get what they can for him (some good young talent). Wouldnt surprise if they try and resign him next year though but by the sounds of things they are trying to lessen their payroll a bit

Price is neither here nor there as you say. He is 34. His ERA is going up and he is on a huge contract.

Mookie Betts though is the best in his position in the MLB and just coming into his prime age. You just don't sell those players. Unless you have another one I guess - do they?

Price is neither here nor there as you say. He is 34. His ERA is going up and he is on a huge contract.

Mookie Betts though is the best in his position in the MLB and just coming into his prime age. You just don't sell those players. Unless you have another one I guess - do they?

Yeah not sure, bit of a head scratcher. Very unlike the redsox to trade a player like this, usually they/yankees are buying these players.

My only thoughts are they know they wont be able to afford him when he becomes a free agent so trade him now while they get something in return (although i dont know much about the players mentioned or havnt been blown away by the names they are getting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back