Mega Thread MLB 2019 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Game 2 was close as well til the 7th.
Game 3 wasn't shut out til the 8th, Nats had lots of chances to score.
Last 2 games havent been close but that happens over a 7 game series.

Im not a fan of either and to me its been a boring series. Games done by the 6th and 7th innings - no late rallies, boring.

Can someone please tell Matt Vasergsian that there is more to Baseball commentary than saying “Santa Maria” after every home rum, like doing actual research.

Him and his co-commentating were talking about George Springer’s World Series career and how well he has performed in 2017 and 2019 and Vasgersian brings out this gem, “I know it’s early, this is a guy who is still in the infancy of his major league career. He could go down as one of the best World Series players ever and he is not even close to 30 yet”... On September 19th 2019, George Springer turned 30 years old...

Probably the women behind home plate flashing was a bigger cause

Thor is a real character. The comment about them looking smaller on TV is hilarious lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was funny as fu** that he went even harder after the Rendon homer.

Yeah I’m trying to imagine what it would have been like then if they didn’t get that insurance.

Apparently the officials weren’t reviewing the play, they just went to the headsets to tell the guys in New York that Washington wanted to put the game under protest..

That was a straight bullshit call on Turner. Where else was he supposed to go?

I'm glad karma stepped in.

That was a straight bullshit call on Turner. Where else was he supposed to go?

I'm glad karma stepped in.

I think it was the right call by the book, but yeah it’s not ideal when the base is in fair ground and your running lane isn’t. As I understand it he can be where he was to touch the base but needs to take the running lane first.
Also unfortunate for nats as it wouldn’t have been an issue if the throw was better and didn’t hit Turner. Plenty of runners don’t use the lane and don’t get pulled up unless something consequential happens.

Massive effort by Strasburg. Saves Scherzer and most of the pen for tomorrow. Might well be the difference in the WS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back