Mega Thread MLB 2019 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

... And now the 'Stros keep the Yankees down. Nice day for a Rays fan.
giphy.gif

I don't really take notice of the standings in the first month. Tigers are relying on retread arms, obviously just hoping to trade some of them

I never bet in the first month of the season, wait till there is a bigger sample to work out who is good and who isn't. Then do the odd 5 game multis

Nationals up 14-0 on the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Harper has gone 0-2 with a walk. Looks like the Phillies have subbed him out, though.

Stacks of runs being scored around the league. Oakland beat the Orioles 10-3 (after losing 12-4 to the Orioles a couple of days ago). The Mets are up 9-5 on the Twins in the top of the ninth. The Astros are leading the Yankees 7-2 in the top of the eighth. Mariners are set to continue their hot start to the season, up 5-3 on the Royals. The Rays swept the White Sox in Chicago, beating them 9-1.

I never bet in the first month of the season, wait till there is a bigger sample to work out who is good and who isn't. Then do the odd 5 game multis
I'm waiting for some clear ERAs among the pitchers, too. Career ERAs aren't much use right now. Just from a Rays perspective, for example, Glasnow is a much better pitcher than he was last year. Once we're a month or so in, then it'll feel more comfortable to have a few flutters.

Nationals up 14-0 on the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. Harper has gone 0-2 with a walk. Looks like the Phillies have subbed him out, though.

Stacks of runs being scored around the league. Oakland beat the Orioles 10-3 (after losing 12-4 to the Orioles a couple of days ago). The Mets are up 9-5 on the Twins in the top of the ninth. The Astros are leading the Yankees 7-2 in the top of the eighth. Mariners are set to continue their hot start to the season, up 5-3 on the Royals. The Rays swept the White Sox in Chicago, beating them 9-1.
Yankees came back - AND left a few stranded in the 8th, their comeback inning. They had bases heavy with no outs at one point, and the Astros bullpen scrambling to warm up. Houston had to work hard to get out of that one.

Yankees should sweep the White Sox. Notwithstanding Anderson's excellent start to the season (highest ave in the league at the moment at .515!), they're still trash. There's a good chance the Yankees will be .533 by the end of that series.

Christopher Sale hey, either a IL visit coming or is he going down Timmy Lincecum route?

Sick of Nick Pivetta, dunno why fantasy experts talked him up so much, got him in one very deep league with nothing in Free Agency so can't really replace him.

Yankees should sweep the White Sox. Notwithstanding Anderson's excellent start to the season (highest ave in the league at the moment at .515!), they're still trash. There's a good chance the Yankees will be .533 by the end of that series.

the way the yankees have started they will find a way to lose

The rotation is still an issue, don't care what anyone says.

i agree, once Sevy comes back and Paxton settles down in New York, it should improve, but CC is a big question mark and Happ needs to go deeper than 4 innings per start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there’s his 50! Chris Davis hitless stream since mid Sept last year continues as he’s now 0 for 50.

Since signing his $US 160m deal 3 years ago he’s averaging under .200 with a 36% SO rate....wow!

And there’s his 50! Chris Davis hitless stream since mid Sept last year continues as he’s now 0 for 50.

Since signing his $US 160m deal 3 years ago he’s averaging under .200 with a 36% SO rate....wow!
Crazy isn't it. That's the risk signing a slugger who never hit well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chris Davis went 0-3 today and is now 0-53. That contract has turned absolutely atrocious. It’s got to really suck for him.

Braves sign albies to 7 years for $35m. Another good deal. Not the lock acuna is but should be a good player. Also has options for a further 2 years cheap

“Good” deal? There are some people on the Internet that think it’s the most team friendly contract ever handed out. Can you say highway robbery? :p

Good on the Braves and Albies (he said it’s not about the money) though.

Chris Davis went 0-3 today and is now 0-53. That contract has turned absolutely atrocious. It’s got to really suck for him.

“Good” deal? There are some people on the Internet that think it’s the most team friendly contract ever handed out. Can you say highway robbery?

Good on the Braves and Albies (he said it’s not about the money) though.
Yeah pretty wrapped. 2 very good young players signed for 7-10 years for very cheap.

... er...

deGromms quality start streak is over, Twins going to challenge for the terrible AL Central crown imo
Gosh, the AL Central is bad. And if Cleveland doesn't improve, maybe they'll sell out for the year. Then it'll be a race between a whole lotta ordinary in that Division: CWS, Twins, Tigers, ugh...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back