Mega Thread MLB 2019 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Braves no.4 prospect Austin Riley debuted today and hit a HR in his 2nd at bat. Has been smacking the ball in AAA - 10HR in 50ABs in May and over the season hitting .297 with 15 home runs. Usually plays 3B but will play LF for now until 2020 when he will play 3B or we trade Donaldson if we cant make playoffs.

So, my 5yo son has decided he's a Pirates fan. Got sick and tired of waiting for Kimbrel to join a team.

Key deciding factors? The pointy bits in their P logo, and the pirate on their sleeve.

Fantastic at bat from Joe Panik gets the Giants home today with a walk off against braves. Just felt like it was going to happen as that last inning kept dragging on

Quiet on here this year - anyway:

Harper having a pretty ordinary year and continuing his decline the last few years (2016 & 2018) - .222 ave, 7 HR, 54 strikeouts (most in MLB) and .805 OPS. This following a .249 ave with 30 HR (that's ok) and 169 strikeouts and an .889 OPS in 2018.

Phillies would have to be worried he may continue to decline and only be a HR hitter? He used to be a pretty rounded player but average has taken a big dip 3 of the last 4 years (inc 2019)

Shifts have not been kind to lefties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scherzer to the Yankees?
Andjuar with others in the deal? Yanks surely try to add Ellsburys contract into the deal too

Freddie Freeman seems to deal with it ok - solid as a rock

Good point, Freeman’s wOBA is actually (.430) 50 points better with the shift.

Harper pulls the ball more and a lot are grounders. This season teams are using shift even more against, nearly two thirds of PA.

I suppose right or left good hitters should adjust, Freeman, Votto, Trout all good against it.

Seems other issues as well, his contact rate was around 80% and now around mid 60s.

Good point, Freeman’s wOBA is actually (.430) 50 points better with the shift.

Harper pulls the ball more and a lot are grounders. This season teams are using shift even more against, nearly two thirds of PA.

I suppose right or left good hitters should adjust, Freeman, Votto, Trout all good against it.

Seems other issues as well, his contact rate was around 80% and now around mid 60s.
Yeah has fallen away a fair bit. Will still hit home runs but average has and will be low I reckon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gee aren’t the Mets going well. In a few weeks they have to pay the tax man or as they like to call it. Bobby banilla day
Who sacks their coach first: Nats or Mets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back