Mega Thread MLB 2019 season thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, amazing composure for his age.
Such a crucial win today as we have Verlander next and he owns us
It's the game I haven't been looking forward to, if we can go back to New York 1-1, we are sitting in a good position, even better if we do a Tampa Bay and jump on him early

MLB is an amazing game. Cubs gave Torres up and won a title (arguably) because of it. Yankees got Chapman straight back and are flying. And both parties would be more than happy how it has all planned out.

Still an interesting deal to look back on. Yankees won't be fully content with it until it delivers a World Series for them as well. Cubs obviously thrilled with it given how 2016 played out, but also arguable it has played some part in their gradual decline since with only getting Chapman's services for half a season and the loss of their top prospect amongst others..

Strasburg v Flaherty next game has me salivating. The Nats have been a real Cinderella team this October, would be incredible if they could go all the way after never having won a series before this year. Momentum is one hell of a thing
Nats just timed it perfectly. Good bullpen depth. Solid hitters. Soto rising, Rendon. Reminds me of Houston in 2017. Just had all the right pieces.
Happened as soon as Harper leaves. Baseball isn’t a game where you have one superstar. That star only has what, 4 or 5 times at the plate per game. Nats finally playing at the team.

Nats just timed it perfectly. Good bullpen depth. Solid hitters. Soto rising, Rendon. Reminds me of Houston in 2017. Just had all the right pieces.
Happened as soon as Harper leaves. Baseball isn’t a game where you have one superstar. That star only has what, 4 or 5 times at the plate per game. Nats finally playing at the team.
The one thing i will disagree with is the bullpen depth. Apart from Doolittle and Hudson there isn't anything there which is why this is even more amazing. The Cards have the better bullpen and it's not even close but because of the dominance of the starters this series so far they haven't needed to go there.
Strickland is a shell of himself, Rodney, Elias, Suero and Rainey give up hits for fun these days too.
I think the fact they are getting good innings out of the starting pitchers has definitely been the key.
Doesn't hurt when Rendon and Kendrick stay hot as well.
I'm loving the fact Harper is sitting in Philly watching this unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cards are getting hammered. Who knew after that final game against Atlanta this what happens. 6 hits all series since. Washington are so full of confidence now. Pitchers doing the job

Haven’t seen anything to suggest that the cards will even get close to winning a game this series. That mob looks done. The nats are flying and showing just what hitting form at the end of the year can do.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cats are going to sit back for a week smoking their cigars while the Yankees and Astros beat the crap out of each other.

Not sure if that is a good thing or not?

I think it will be a good thing, maybe even necessary for them to get close. Just feel like they’ll have the best chance against the Astros/Yankees if that series goes deep and tests their bullpen and starters.

Cats are going to sit back for a week smoking their cigars while the Yankees and Astros beat the crap out of each other.

Not sure if that is a good thing or not?
Both the Yanks and Astros would feel confident of belting Washington if they get thru. The Caps are playing heavily on momentum. If they get a week off, that's not necessarily a positive for them.

Both the Yanks and Astros would feel confident of belting Washington if they get thru. The Caps are playing heavily on momentum. If they get a week off, that's not necessarily a positive for them.
It’s more the bullpen being rested enough. Scherzer, Strasbourg and Sanchez have been huge and if they get into the World Series, even more so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back