Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Thought you guys would enjoy this link.

Best broadcasts are (of course) 1948 World Series games 2,3,4 and 6

:)

I thought 1948 Game 6 was mislabeled. I skipped towards the last few minutes and it Yankees/Pirates in the 1960 WS. But no, not mislabeled, the Indians won the WS around the 2:21 mark of the audio clip and then it went to the 1960 WS. Really cool find, could I ask where you found it?

AmericanCrow

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Indians and Cavs
I thought 1948 Game 6 was mislabeled. I skipped towards the last few minutes and it Yankees/Pirates in the 1960 WS. But no, not mislabeled, the Indians won the WS around the 2:21 mark of the audio clip and then it went to the 1960 WS. Really cool find, could I ask where you found it?
I first stumbled across the broadcast of 48 Series on YouTube. I think if memory serves the website was in the comments

Archive.org

Last edited:

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rumours going around the Padres have sign Tatis to a 14yr deal worth $340m - jeepers thats a long time to sign someone for (no trade clause as well). Thing is with the Padres, they do this, then 2 years later sell everything off (got a feeling they will be serious contenders for a few years this time though)

Id rather Acuna for 8 years and a $100m but hey (when you add in Albies for 35m as well :handok: )

Last edited:

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Quite funny on twitter - Padres fans saying how good it is he is there for next 14 years - then people post pictures of Giancarlo Stanton who signed a $325m contract with the marlins (no trade clause etc) and is now at the yankees........ :think:

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Great extension for both parties. Tatis gets the security of $340M and the Padres get one of the best young players in Baseball to sign an extension with them for $24M AAV. The Padres will win that on surplus value, provided Tatis stays healthy.

Acuna and Albies both got screwed.

MatthewB

Have a twinkie, snapperhead
Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Rumours going around the Padres have sign Tatis to a 14yr deal worth $340m - jeepers thats a long time to sign someone for (no trade clause as well). Thing is with the Padres, they do this, then 2 years later sell everything off (got a feeling they will be serious contenders for a few years this time though)

Id rather Acuna for 8 years and a $100m but hey (when you add in Albies for 35m as well :handok: )

they would be hoping for at least a world series appearance this year with all the money they have spent

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How good is having baseball back, just spring training but reading the articles already has me pumped. Can't wait to see how Fried, Soroka and Anderson go this year for the braves.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

MatthewB

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
How good is having baseball back, just spring training but reading the articles already has me pumped. Can't wait to see how Fried, Soroka and Anderson go this year for the braves.

it has just snuck up on us

games start a week tomorrow, only probably with ST games is they are mostly day games

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
it has just snuck up on us

games start a week tomorrow, only probably with ST games is they are mostly day games
Yeah certainly has, all of a sudden they're training. And most players are there due to having to isolate beforehand. Usually positional players are a week or two later but most braves are already there training.

Looks like I'll be working from home 3 days a week so I'll get the MLB package again

MatthewB

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah certainly has, all of a sudden they're training. And most players are there due to having to isolate beforehand. Usually positional players are a week or two later but most braves are already there training.

Looks like I'll be working from home 3 days a week so I'll get the MLB package again

i cant think of a worse place to be stuck in isolation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
Incredible how stupid a now ex CEO can be and how many stupid things he could say in a 45 min interview. What a moron

Remove this Banner Ad