Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Thought you guys would enjoy this link.

Best broadcasts are (of course) 1948 World Series games 2,3,4 and 6

:)

I thought 1948 Game 6 was mislabeled. I skipped towards the last few minutes and it Yankees/Pirates in the 1960 WS. But no, not mislabeled, the Indians won the WS around the 2:21 mark of the audio clip and then it went to the 1960 WS. Really cool find, could I ask where you found it?

I thought 1948 Game 6 was mislabeled. I skipped towards the last few minutes and it Yankees/Pirates in the 1960 WS. But no, not mislabeled, the Indians won the WS around the 2:21 mark of the audio clip and then it went to the 1960 WS. Really cool find, could I ask where you found it?

I first stumbled across the broadcast of 48 Series on YouTube. I think if memory serves the website was in the comments

Archive.org

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rumours going around the Padres have sign Tatis to a 14yr deal worth $340m - jeepers thats a long time to sign someone for (no trade clause as well). Thing is with the Padres, they do this, then 2 years later sell everything off (got a feeling they will be serious contenders for a few years this time though)

Id rather Acuna for 8 years and a $100m but hey (when you add in Albies for 35m as well :handok: )

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Great extension for both parties. Tatis gets the security of $340M and the Padres get one of the best young players in Baseball to sign an extension with them for $24M AAV. The Padres will win that on surplus value, provided Tatis stays healthy.

Acuna and Albies both got screwed.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Rumours going around the Padres have sign Tatis to a 14yr deal worth $340m - jeepers thats a long time to sign someone for (no trade clause as well). Thing is with the Padres, they do this, then 2 years later sell everything off (got a feeling they will be serious contenders for a few years this time though)

Id rather Acuna for 8 years and a $100m but hey (when you add in Albies for 35m as well :handok: )

they would be hoping for at least a world series appearance this year with all the money they have spent

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
How good is having baseball back, just spring training but reading the articles already has me pumped. Can't wait to see how Fried, Soroka and Anderson go this year for the braves.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

it has just snuck up on us

games start a week tomorrow, only probably with ST games is they are mostly day games

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
it has just snuck up on us

games start a week tomorrow, only probably with ST games is they are mostly day games
Yeah certainly has, all of a sudden they're training. And most players are there due to having to isolate beforehand. Usually positional players are a week or two later but most braves are already there training.

Looks like I'll be working from home 3 days a week so I'll get the MLB package again

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah certainly has, all of a sudden they're training. And most players are there due to having to isolate beforehand. Usually positional players are a week or two later but most braves are already there training.

Looks like I'll be working from home 3 days a week so I'll get the MLB package again

i cant think of a worse place to be stuck in isolation

Incredible how stupid a now ex CEO can be and how many stupid things he could say in a 45 min interview. What a moron

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
A bit quiet around here - what is everyone's worries about their team for the 2021 season? For me (the braves), its our bullpen (dont have Melancon or Green this year - 2 of our best high-pressure guys) and after the bullpen our rotation - still relying on young arms being as good if not better than last year (Fried, Soroka (after achillies injury) and Anderson)

Add to that our division, going to be one of, if not the hardest division to win i reckon. Mets, Phillies and Nats all made strong acquisitions during the offseason.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
My worries is that Bryant and Contreras will both be traded at some point this year. The Cubs are obviously going into another rebuild, which feels shitty since it is the second in only 10 years. A World Series title came of the first one so it wasn’t wasted but would rather the team be contending right now.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
My worries is that Bryant and Contreras will both be traded at some point this year. The Cubs are obviously going into another rebuild, which feels shitty since it is the second in only 10 years. A World Series title came of the first one so it wasn’t wasted but would rather the team be contending right now.

Incredible that it is even necessary this soon really with how much young talent and upside there seemed to be in 2016.
With the Cubs I suppose that there is a fair chunk of the 2016 batting core still around and hopefully we will get some value out of Pederson. The pitching is my worry. Hendricks is never going to be a typical ace but there's a lot on his shoulders now, Arrieta doesn't seem a remarkable signing with the way his Philadelphia career turned out. Just worried about the depth there.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Incredible that it is even necessary this soon really with how much young talent and upside there seemed to be in 2016.
With the Cubs I suppose that there is a fair chunk of the 2016 batting core still around and hopefully we will get some value out of Pederson. The pitching is my worry. Hendricks is never going to be a typical ace but there's a lot on his shoulders now, Arrieta doesn't seem a remarkable signing with the way his Philadelphia career turned out. Just worried about the depth there.

Agreed totally! The farm seems to be trending upsides with lots of young talent but most around the teenage to 21-22 range. The window for some of them to upgrade to the majors is around 2-4 years away. I am excited for the future but not right now.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
In terms of general MLB, what I’m worried about is a player getting pulled again during the last game of the World Series due to a positive COVID test and Rob Manfred struggling to string words together at the presentation again. These are what come to mind as my dying memories of the finish to the season that was 2020.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

Good quality player, he will be missed by the Braves

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Good quality player, he will be missed by the Braves
Yeah was good value for the braves. Consistent bat and glove and ultra professional

Back