MLB 2021/22 Hot Stove

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like Texas has found San Diego's money tree from last year

Just saw that you dont pay taxes in Texas either....no wonder they are all happy to sign there.

Some of my favorite segments of Ken Burns Baseball series are the interviews with Buck O’Neil. He was a hell of a story teller and now he is where he has always belonged.

when i hear his name, Ken Burns Baseball is the first thing that comes to mind and the way he delivered the stories

when i hear his name, Ken Burns Baseball is the first thing that comes to mind and the way he delivered the stories

Love that series. I watched it about two or maybe three times on DVD and I bought the BluRay set this year and watched it again.

We need an 11th inning. So much happened in the last decade, including 3 Giants World Series wins (10th inning had lots on the Giants), Cubs World Series win, Houston Astros, Red Sox winning another 2 World Series, LA Dodgers winning a World Series after 32 years, Jose Fernandez, Yordano Ventura deaths, COVID 19 etc. so many stories can be told.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy to see David Ortiz get into the hall of fame, very well deserved.

But todays result with those who miss out/drop off the ballet shows there is major problem with the current system as writer members are not consistent with there opinion on issues off the park. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the voting system or the Hall of game is officially a joke.

Also starting to hear of too many members giving up their voting rights because of this issue, it needs to be addressed and addressed now!!!

But todays result with those who miss out/drop off the ballet shows there is major problem with the current system as writer members are not consistent with there opinion on issues off the park. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the voting system or the Hall of game is officially a joke.

Also starting to hear of too many members giving up their voting rights because of this issue, it needs to be addressed and addressed now!!!

voting Ortiz, who had drug suspicions and not voting for bonds who had the same suspicions, albeit stronger ones is very hypocritical by the voters, and 202 writers not voting this year doesn't look good, i you dont send back your ballot, you dont get to vote for the next 5 years

Odd result for this season. Bonds/Clemens/Schilling missing out, in their final year of eligibility before they go to the committee, seems unjust.
I get the politics and uncertainty of the steroid era, but there's no way I'd have Ortiz above the aforementioned trio.

Odd result for this season. Bonds/Clemens/Schilling missing out, in their final year of eligibility before they go to the committee, seems unjust.
I get the politics and uncertainty of the steroid era, but there's no way I'd have Ortiz above the aforementioned trio.
And Sosa 😢

to no surprise, DH in the NL in 2022

funny how all those against it didnt mind it in the shortened season - didnt miss anything. a few ERAs in the NL will increase next year.

I like it. At least now we won’t see starters taken out after 5 innings of a 2-0 game because he’s due to hit next.

No 1st round compo attached to FA is another thing.

I like it. At least now we won’t see starters taken out after 5 innings of a 2-0 game because he’s due to hit next.

No 1st round compo attached to FA is another thing.

Yeah the no DH doesnt bother me - fun to see pitchers get hits or hit a HR but too many of them are just easy Ks

The no compo is interesting, presume that a player driven change, not sure how it helps either way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back