MLB Off-Season News & Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Manny has apparently turned down a two year, 60m offer from the Dodgers- he wants four years.

Out of Boston; Jason Varitek, Mark Kotsay, Curt Schilling, Bartolo Colon, Sean Casey, Alex Cora and David Ross have filed for free agency.

Veteran pitchers Mike Timlin and Paul Byrd are the only eligible players from the Red Sox who have yet to file for free agency although there is a strong chance that Timlin will retire.

Out of Boston; Jason Varitek, Mark Kotsay, Curt Schilling, Bartolo Colon, Sean Casey, Alex Cora and David Ross have filed for free agency.

Geez, for a Redsox player, I like Varitek, but after his playoff (non) performance, do you think he'll get picked up?

Longoria and Soto rookies of the year...no huge surprises there.

MVP and Cy Young awards next week, i believe

Yes according to the knowledgable Fox Sports News Lincecum won the ''C Why'' . What an illinformed poorly researched organisation that is:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Trades

Swisher and minor league pitcher to Yankees for Betemit, Jeff Marquez and Jhonny Nunez. Rules out trades of Paulie and Dye i'd think. Rumour is the Sox are after the CF Taveras to plug the leadoff-no team speed gap.

Gregg to Cubbies for someone, Wood will NOT be returning to the northside.

The Big Free Agents are up for grabs, the deadline for the Dodgers exclusive dialogue with Manny has passed, can't see him staying there.

What a disgraceful trade by the White Sox. They'll regret that one.

Whoever gave 2nd and 3rd place votes to K-Rod in the Cy Young should lose their right to report on baseball.

with K rod becoming a free agent..

does anyone else think he would be a perfect fit in tampa??

i know they have one more outfield position to fill as well, but they lack a genuine closer...and with their strong starting roatation and strong relief pitching i think he should be number 1 on their shopping list..

thoughts??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with K rod becoming a free agent..

does anyone else think he would be a perfect fit in tampa??

i know they have one more outfield position to fill as well, but they lack a genuine closer...and with their strong starting roatation and strong relief pitching i think he should be number 1 on their shopping list..

thoughts??

I don't think Tampa have the money for K-Rod. I think he is trying to break the ceiling for closers with his new contract.

I saw on Sportscentre that the Yankees have offered C.C 140 million for 6 years. That's just crazy money, but I guess the Yanks can afford it with all the contracts coming off their books. Still it seems they finally get rid of some bad long term deals and are just going to make the same mistakes all over again.

The Red Sox traded center fielder Coco Crisp to the Royals today for right-handed relief pitcher Ramon Ramirez.

A bit disappointed to see Coco traded, thought he was valauable contributor in the recent play-off series, however with similar types like Jacoby Ellsbury and our need for another relief pitcher, an area I thought we were a bit susceptible, it may be fair all round.

Warmish cooker news.

Krod signs with Amazin's. Pedro close to going back to Mets perhaps for one last hurrah?
Vazquez was traded to Atlanta, Sox getting prospects in return. (Also rumours of Dye to Reds which was proved false..... atm anyway)
Tigres have traded for Gerald Laird from the Rangers and have signed Adam Everett
Indians "close to signing" K.Wood
The biggest on-off trade since the last one is kind of back on, Peavy to the Cubs?
CC rumoured to be chased by 8 teams, Sawx interested in Tex, but where would he play??

Doesn't surprised me, But he gets that dosh for durability i guess. Look at the start of last season for the lad, he was one of the reasons they got off to a crappy start as he was not on form at all, he's not invincible. Johan is probably the better pitcher

Mets have just made a three way deal involving 12 players to get JJ Putz from Seattle to be their Setup man for K-Rod. Basically in two days the Mets have taken 2 of the best closers in the AL West and turned them into their 8th and 9th Innings Men.

Putz is going to the Mets, along with Jeremy Reed and Sean Green. Luis Valbuena is headed to the Indians.

The Mariners get right fielder Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians and outfielder Endy Chavez, reliever Aaron Heilman and Class AA first baseman Mike Carp from the Mets. As well, they get three more minor leaguers from the Mets, right handed pitcher Maikel Cleto, outfielder Ezequiel Carrera and left handed pitcher Jason Vargas.

Mariners minor league second baseman Luis Valbuena would go to the Indians.

Cleveland also gets pitcher Joe Smith from the Mets.

I say all teams win:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back