MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrote this for the Western Bulldogs board:

Returned from the game about an hour ago and am ready to go to bed. What a shame that it was basically over even before the Cubs had a turn at bat. Four runs in the first killed us and the crowd lost any hope and therefore the game just seemed to drag on. I told my brother that I wanted to stay to the end and see what a National League Championship celebration was like, since I'll never see one again in person. If only it would have been for the Cubs... *sigh*.

I tried to explain to my brother on the way home that it felt like the 1998 PF when I knew it was over at halftime. However, this game was over in less than half an hour. At least by the 9th inning I was reconciled to the fact that I shall never be at Wrigley to see the Cubs play in a World Series. In fact that probably was my last trip to Wrigley. I do have my "W" cloth as a souvenir of the day I got to see a team win the National League pennant.:(

Congratulations to the Mets fans on this board. I hate youse!;)

Wow what a series by the Mets. The sweep gives their starters extra rest. As good as the Royals/Jays are with the bat, De Grom, Harvey and Syndergaard look very hard to beat. But can the Mets depend on Duda and Murphy staying hot? I'll be surprised if the Royals don't get through.

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
Wow what a series by the Mets. The sweep gives their starters extra rest. As good as the Royals/Jays are with the bat, De Grom, Harvey and Syndergaard look very hard to beat. But can the Mets depend on Duda and Murphy staying hot? I'll be surprised if the Royals don't get through.

hard to say, you'd have to think the royals have it as the jays can't afford to rest anyone. But god damn Estrada's pitching in game 5. that change up. i want him i don't care if he's expensive and doesn't improve the roster. i don't really follow the jays but damn that was something, if he can do that in game 6, who knows?

Bomber Bears

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2005
Wollongong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
North Sydney, Liverpool, NSW
YESSSSS! WORLD SERIES TIME!

0-7 against the Cubs in the regular season. 4-0 in the post season. Out hit, out pitched Chicago this series!

Wow, soooooooo excited!
Yeah.
Well done, hammered us in this series

It'll be interesting if they reseed after the ild card game in future, which was mentioned as a possibility. Just from a Cubs perspective, I'm not convinced it would've helped us this year. Cardinals were ripe for the picking when we came up against them and we hammered them, not so sure we beat the Dodgers.

On the other hand, going 97-65 (compared to 90-72) and 7-0 against a side and not having home field advantage seems a little odd. But I doubt, the way both teams played, it would've mattered. Mets took every opportunity they had, got the big hits against our pitchers, pitched well and played excellent defence. For the most part that meant we were unable to play our best game, particularly on offence, as we just couldn't keep up with the Mets pitchers (or, in Game three, a ****ed strike zone that killed our approach).

Even with, say Arrieta, when he wasn't on in game II the Mets made him pay straight away. In Game three De Grom should've been taken to in that first innings, but between afore mentioned strike zone taking away a walk and an inability to make the most of the opportunities we only left that innings 1-1. from there De Grom got better and better and better, and we played some horrible defence. Afer game three we were done, missed yesterday due to Uni unfortunately but going down 4-0 after half an innings pretty much kileld that game off.

Oh well Fantastic season, far better than anyone expected (aided in part by how weak the NL was in general this year. Braves, Phillies, Brewers, post-July Reds, Rockies all terrible and Padres and Washington way under expectations). Hurts to bow out so meekly but the future is very, very bright on the North side.

Good luck in the world series Mets, I do like that club (except for Daniel Murphy, the prick) and wouldn't begrudge them winning. They'd certainly deserve it with how well they've hit their stride when it matters.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I can't believe we were 52-50 at one point. Never even looked like making the playoffs at that stage, let alone winning the pennant!

I would love soooo much to win this world series. I've gone into each playoff series expecting to lose and we've done really well so I might just stick with that for the WS :p

As you say, the Cubs will be around for a long time. It's a great team that's building there. Honestly thought you were going to roll us but our pitching was just immense (Harvey set the tone) and Murphy just went into all star mode.

I worry that 4-0 win might be bad for the Mets.

There momentum was so strong that sitting back and waiting for an opponent actually hurts them, its nearly in the Royals interest to lose game 6, the longer the Mets sit without an opponent or plan the more they will cool off.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I worry that 4-0 win might be bad for the Mets.

There momentum was so strong that sitting back and waiting for an opponent actually hurts them, its nearly in the Royals interest to lose game 6, the longer the Mets sit without an opponent or plan the more they will cool off.
Maybe. Also gives our young pitchers plenty of rest though, which was highlighted as a potential concern through the post season.

I doubt Murphy keeps up his form but then, I'm not really putting my neck on the line with that one.

With Cespedes and Harvey nursing niggles, I'm happy for the rest.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Who would we rather play mets fans? I'm thinking Toronto is the better match up as they seems to play in a very similar vein to the Cubs. All or nothing power hitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back