MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cubs just lost their fourth in a row. :(

i did expect a little lull in form TBH.... i didn't think they'd be able to fully sustain the record setting pace forever.
The only concern is they look a bit tired, and have their longest roadtrip (11 games) starting today.

I think they can bounce back hard after the all star break

How? they're pretty much a bunch of minor leaguers with a few good big leaguers.

Mets just don't have many good hitters.
Great question. You've answered below.

Even with our 'hitters', we normally do ok. For some reason, we've really struggled with the Braves this season. Bloody annoying when we're trying to chase down the Nats.

Kris Bryant has become the first player in MLB history to hit 3 HR's and 2 Doubles in one game. Youngest Cub to hit 3 HR's in one game, beating Ernie Banks by 10 days.

#Brycle. #ThankYouHoustonAstrosForSelectingMarkAppelNumber1.

Wish I knew that before I put money on them today :$:p

Haha, it happens.

Kris Bryant has become the first player in MLB history to hit 3 HR's and 2 Doubles in one game. Youngest Cub to hit 3 HR's in one game, beating Ernie Banks by 10 days.

#Brycle. #ThankYouHoustonAstrosForSelectingMarkAppelNumber1.

Haha, it happens.

What a player! Class. All class.

From espn:

Bryant hit homer No. 19 on the season in the third inning, a solo shot to left center. In the fourth, he hit a bomb to the upper deck in left field with two men on for No. 20. In the eighth inning, he hit another solo shot for home run No. 21. He had six RBIs on the night, which prompted the large contingent of Cubs fans in attendance to ask for a rare road curtain call. Bryant's teammates urged him as well.
"I've never been the type to show up the opponent or anybody," Bryant said. "I don't think that [a road curtain call] has ever happened in baseball, and I didn't want to be the first. I'm glad there were a lot of Cubs fans here, but I'm not that guy."

Cubs manager Joe Maddon wasn't surprised Bryant didn't come out of the dugout.

"He's very old-school," Maddon said. "He doesn't spike the ball in the end zone. He just lays it down, then hands it to the official."

How could anyone not love the guy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From espn:

Bryant hit homer No. 19 on the season in the third inning, a solo shot to left center. In the fourth, he hit a bomb to the upper deck in left field with two men on for No. 20. In the eighth inning, he hit another solo shot for home run No. 21. He had six RBIs on the night, which prompted the large contingent of Cubs fans in attendance to ask for a rare road curtain call. Bryant's teammates urged him as well.
"I've never been the type to show up the opponent or anybody," Bryant said. "I don't think that [a road curtain call] has ever happened in baseball, and I didn't want to be the first. I'm glad there were a lot of Cubs fans here, but I'm not that guy."

"He's very old-school," Maddon said. "He doesn't spike the ball in the end zone. He just lays it down, then hands it to the official."

It would be good if he had a personality.

From espn:

He certainly is a class act! There are a lot of guys on the team like that, they don't try to show up the opposition, just guys going about their business in the right way.

It would be good if he had a personality.

If only he was like Fev or Cousins and not just a phenomenal baseballer.
Im sure the Cubs and the city of Chicago are devestated.
After all ...big personalities are always the key to winning world series rings.

The Cubs aren't very good right now. An awful series sweep against the Mets and 27-24 from the last 51 games. Miguel Montero pitching the end of the 8th, all of the 9th was the icing on the cake.

The biggest need on this team is Bullpen help but when our starters are getting hammered left and right recently, the Bullpen won't exactly help in those situations. Our offense is totally anemic, something I've read countless times that the Mets offense are. A few weeks from the deadline and we have heaps of pieces to move in a trade or 2 for pitching, hopefully Theo does something.

The Cubs aren't very good right now. An awful series sweep against the Mets and 27-24 from the last 51 games. Miguel Montero pitching the end of the 8th, all of the 9th was the icing on the cake.

The biggest need on this team is Bullpen help but when our starters are getting hammered left and right recently, the Bullpen won't exactly help in those situations. Our offense is totally anemic, something I've read countless times that the Mets offense are. A few weeks from the deadline and we have heaps of pieces to move in a trade or 2 for pitching, hopefully Theo does something.
To be fair, that was absolutely accurate before our series with you. Absolutely no idea where that series performance came from but it was certainly welcome! Cubs perhaps not the heavy favs I thought they might have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back