MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Our season has really turned to s**t.

Harvey out for the season. Cespedes with a thigh strain. Syndergaard got a sore shoulder. This on top of Wright, Duda etc.

And to top it all off, the Nats win the series 3-1 against us. This season is going nowhere :(
Harvey being out doesn't hurt much because he's struggled, Wright is old you can't count on much from him anymore and the Mets have pushed their young arms too hard, Matz and Syndergaard need a rest, your time isn't now, it's in a few seasons when the starters are through their growing pains.

Harvey being out doesn't hurt much because he's struggled, Wright is old you can't count on much from him anymore and the Mets have pushed their young arms too hard, Matz and Syndergaard need a rest, your time isn't now, it's in a few seasons when the starters are through their growing pains.
Yeah probably right. Bit frustrating with how close we got last year.

We'll definitely need some new hitters by then!

Shelby Miller designated for assignment, big fall from grace. That's one move the braves did get right. I do think he is a no.2-3 starter but things have just turned so bad. Maybe the hard losses he got last year with the braves have effected him mentally. Zero run support for an entire year can do strange things I reckon. He will bounce back next year I reckon.

Shelby Miller designated for assignment, big fall from grace. That's one move the braves did get right. I do think he is a no.2-3 starter but things have just turned so bad. Maybe the hard losses he got last year with the braves have effected him mentally. Zero run support for an entire year can do strange things I reckon. He will bounce back next year I reckon.

With what was given up for Shelby Miller, hopefully for the D'Backs he does bounce back. His value is at an all time low so trade is out of the question.

Yankees selling big at the deadline:
Miller Chapman Nova Eovaldi Gardner Beltran McCann and Headley all spoken of.

With what was given up for Shelby Miller, hopefully for the D'Backs he does bounce back. His value is at an all time low so trade is out of the question.

It's been an absolute disaster, made diabolical with not having AJ Pollock and not being able to win at home

Always next season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Cubs and Yankees have a deal in place for Gleyber Torres + for Aroldis Chapman. Cubs are looking at a 4/60 extension for Chapman and that's the hold-up.

A "source" on Twitter said the "+" might be Soler, but then the source goes on to mention no extension for Chapman. So yeah, take that one with a grain of salt.

Edit: Another one says Candelario and Warren.

Last edited:
Went to see the Cubs play the White Sox at the Cell tonight. One of the most boring games I've seen the Cubs play with them losing 3-0. Of course I went with my Sox loving brother(the bastard :p) Tomorrow we're going to see the same teams again, but this time at Wrigley. It will probably be my last trip to Wrigley ever, since I'll be moving back to Melbourne permanently later this year. Of course, if the Cubs make the World Series, I just might have to have one more trip there...

Tonight's game at Wrigley versus the White Sox was much more entertaining than last night's game at the Cell. However, I did text my nephew in the 3rd inning that in 12 innings of play in two days I saw the Cubs score ZERO runs and get only four hits. Kris Bryant's homer to tie the game and then the onslaught against those dastardly White Sox was enjoyable including a Grand Slam by Addison Russell. I think it may be only the second grand slam that I've seen. I do remember Derek Lee hitting one a few years back at a game I was at. Wrigley was packed with over 41000 fans of both teams probably a 70/30 split with Cubs fans on top of course. I am going to miss The Friendly Confines when I return to Melbourne. It's been kind of like the Western(Whitten) Oval was to me in the 80s - a place I felt at home.

Psycho Sale loses to the Cubs.

excellent_zpsijik6odz.gif

If only Cubs fans would have been allowed to bring scissors into Wrigley tonight...

I did sneak in a small broom once when we were playing the Cardinals. I stuffed it into the front of my pants. I think security back then only thought I was especially excited to be at the game.:p Now I'd probably be shot.

If only Cubs fans would have been allowed to bring scissors into Wrigley tonight...

I did sneak in a small broom once when we were playing the Cardinals. I stuffed it into the front of my pants. I think security back then only thought I was especially excited to be at the game.:p Now I'd probably be shot.
I thought he used his knife.

Strondonman were bloody dominant!

Glad that series ended up in a split and can't wait for the offense to return full time.

:D

I thought he used his knife.

Reports have said both. If he did use a knife it would have been a switchblade. Those are popular on the Southside. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back