MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed that the A's ended up trading Reddick to the Dodgers (together with Rich Hill). Reddick wanted to stay an A but the front office wasn't prepared to meet his terms. Could be only a two-month rental by the Dodgers, but it's interesting to see that he's apparently demoted Puig to the bench.

Don't mind the return the A's received from the Dodgers for Reddick and Hill, and I'm pleased the A's didn't sell low on Sonny Gray.

Disappointed that the A's ended up trading Reddick to the Dodgers (together with Rich Hill). Reddick wanted to stay an A but the front office wasn't prepared to meet his terms. Could be only a two-month rental by the Dodgers, but it's interesting to see that he's apparently demoted Puig to the bench.

Don't mind the return the A's received from the Dodgers for Reddick and Hill, and I'm pleased the A's didn't sell low on Sonny Gray.

reports round that Puig will be traded or demoted to minors if he clears waivers. Goes to show if you are a tool and don't play well you are very expendable. Reports around also say not much interest from other teams, too much hard work

100% a rental, He will want a pay day this off season

So happy with JD for getting Beltran and Lucroy without giving up anything that risks our future.

Kept Gallo and Profar.

Yesterdays ESPN game was the most exciting i can remember for years.

Being 6 zip down facing king Felix with a AAA fill in stinking it up was looking for all money a total blow out.
What an amazing job by Joe Madden....putting Travis Wood into the outfield after pitching where he takes a catch hard up against the wall!
Contreras *just beats out a throw to first to keep the rally alive, then the Ms closer wild pitches in the tying run 2 outs in the 9th.
A struggling Heyward doubles and Jon Freakin Lester who can barely hold a bat lays down the bunt to win the game in extras for the Cubs.

Love it! Wish i was in Wrigleyville to experience this right now.....

Last edited:

Being 6 zip down facing king Felix with a AAA fill in stinking it up was looking for all money a total blow out.
What an amazing job by Joe Madden....putting Travis Wood into the outfield after pitching where he takes a catch hard up against the wall!
Contreras *just beats out a throw to first to keep the rally alive, then the Ms closer wild pitches in the tying run 2 outs in the 9th.
A struggling Heyward doubles and Jon Freakin Lester who can barely hold a bat lays down the bunt to win the game in extras for the Cubs.

clappingcubs_zpsgnaec5ox.gif

Hell of a call on the Lester bunt with 2 strikes.

A-Rod gone. Man ruined his own legacy pretty efficiently which is a shame. He will miss out on being remembered as an all time great - which he was - and instead will have to settle for an all time great villain.
Bonds would've been a hall of famer before 01. Would arod be a hall of famer taking out his lies and his 3 years of cheating

Bonds would've been a hall of famer before 01. Would arod be a hall of famer taking out his lies and his 3 years of cheating

Without question. He is probably the best player of his generation if you can look past the drugs. Massive offensive output and equally massive defensive output at one of the toughest positions in baseball. He was a freak.

Drugs in sport are such a shame and in this case an even bigger shame. In such a technical sport how much difference did it even make and was it really worth it. But then you also need to consider that US sports basically invited drugs in sport for a long time. Silly silly boy.

No chance at hall of fame.

There is nothing quite like a 9 game winning streak to get the division lead back out to 12 games.

The last two Cubs games though, I've been watching MLB.TV on my TV via from iPhone and the picture was dreadfully bad. First time all season it's been like that. Switched to be iPad on the TV and PS3 and it was the same thing. Watched an inning on my PS4 and it was better, I hope that remains the case. I spent more time trying to fix and Google the issue than actually watching the series against the Angels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Years of Cheating?
He owned up to 3 years eventually after years of rumors and him flat out calling a reporter a liar.
Rumor out there he's been juiced since High School.

3 Years of Cheating?
He owned up to 3 years eventually after years of rumors and him flat out calling a reporter a liar.
Rumor out there he's been juiced since High School.

I watched the 30 for 30 Boz docco last night. It was amazing that his college coach told him at one point "you cannot do steroids anymore" - not you cannot to do steroids, or steroids are bad, just that you cannot do them "anymore".

He did get caught with roids, banned from the Orange Bowl but started playing pro football the very next season without any penalty :eek:

I absolutely do not condone drugs in sport. But this was almost encouraged at every level of US sports not that long ago. It is a bit rich to judge all of the athletes by todays standards which are much much different.

On another note, Yankees going ok. It will be freaking hilarious if they somehow manage to make post season after retiring dads army and selling a lot of key pieces. Still a long way off but only 3.5 from the wild card

I watched the 30 for 30 Boz docco last night. It was amazing that his college coach told him at one point "you cannot do steroids anymore" - not you cannot to do steroids, or steroids are bad, just that you cannot do them "anymore".

He did get caught with roids, banned from the Orange Bowl but started playing pro football the very next season without any penalty :eek:

I absolutely do not condone drugs in sport. But this was almost encouraged at every level of US sports not that long ago. It is a bit rich to judge all of the athletes by todays standards which are much much different.

On another note, Yankees going ok. It will be freaking hilarious if they somehow manage to make post season after retiring dads army and selling a lot of key pieces. Still a long way off but only 3.5 from the wild card

I completely understand that whilst it might not have been condoned it was almost pushed under the carpet, as if no one wanted to know what was going on. I hear stories of the Jose and Mark era at Oakland when bottles of something were in lockers for everyone to see. But no one said a word.
Or the old Greenies that players use to take.

My stance with ARod is a very strong one. That he never owned up. He came out in interviews and tried to end one female reporters career for evening questioning him Selena Roberts. Then when the evidence got too much. He only owned up to the Texas years, when rumors were rife of his time at Seattle. And the Yankees havent exactly been clean skins in that area either. I dont believe a word that has come out of his mouth and never will. Compare him to how Andy Pettite handled it. He put his hand up, owned up to doing wrong and moved on. ARod has and always will be a selfish obnoxious cheat in my book.

I completely understand that whilst it might not have been condoned it was almost pushed under the carpet, as if no one wanted to know what was going on. I hear stories of the Jose and Mark era at Oakland when bottles of something were in lockers for everyone to see. But no one said a word.
Or the old Greenies that players use to take.

My stance with ARod is a very strong one. That he never owned up. He came out in interviews and tried to end one female reporters career for evening questioning him (Cant remember her name). Then when the evidence got too much. He only owned up to the Texas years, when rumors were rife of his time at Seattle. And the Yankees havent exactly been clean skins in that area either. I dont believe a word that has come out of his mouth and never will. Compare him to how Andy Pettite handled it. He put his hand up, owned up to doing wrong and moved on. ARod has and always will be a selfish obnoxious cheat in my book.

But that means you just don't like A-Rod. We are watching Big Papi do his farewell tour at the moment and there is not a word about anything. But everyone likes Big Papi. It is hardly fair to split them on personality grounds.

I agree with the sentiment that A-Rod is/was a lying dog. Big Papi probably is as well.

Another day, another Cubs win. I was supposed to go to tomorrow's(Saturday's) Cubs game against the Cards at Wrigley, but my brother got tickets to see Paul McCartney in St Louis and decided to see him instead. Damn White Sox fans!:mad:

Losing a 7-5 lead in the 9th last night probably the epitome of an extremely frustrating season for us Giants fans. Were 57-33 heading into the all-star break and have now slipped to 66-51 and barely ahead of the Dodgers for the NL West lead. Really have to improve if we want to make the playoffs and succeed in them, which is looking bleaker every day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back