MLB Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Those Indian fans who need a little good news today:

When you get back Brantley, Carrasco and Salazar back next year you guys will be very good again, Pennant favourite and another World Series appearance at the very least. One win away from winning it all without three key players, two of your best pitches and probably your most important position player outside of Lindor. You lost the World Series but you can be very confident that you will be very good for years to come.

The day after - Maddon was a bees dick away from taking the mantle off Bartman for ever.

It is amazing and scary at the same time that the Cubs can make so many mistakes yesterday and still win - Lester pitching change - wild throw from Ross - wild pitch from lester - failed bunt call - overuse of Chapman - putting Chapman in too early when he was fatigued.

4 of those are Maddon calls - he is a very very lucky man today.

Dexter Fowler has declined his option and selected free agency.

He's getting paid this summer. Thank you for the memories, Dexter! :thumbsu:

US sports hey - the day after no less

In other news the ball Rizzo put in his pocket has been valued up to $3m - WOW

That is pretty amazing appreciation - starts as a random ball out of a random box that costs the MLB about $72 a dozen, particular box managed to get saved until the last innings, particular ball managed to get tossed into the umpires bag at the right time, umpire randomly picks it out, gets pitched - caught - thrown - caught - pitched - fielded - thrown - caught - instantly worth circa $3m o_O

I think stuff like that has a time period, something like 5 days after the World Series.

That is pretty amazing appreciation - starts as a random ball out of a random box that costs the MLB about $72 a dozen, particular box managed to get saved until the last innings, particular ball managed to get tossed into the umpires bag at the right time, umpire randomly picks it out, gets pitched - caught - thrown - caught - pitched - fielded - thrown - caught - instantly worth circa $3m o_O

That's crazy but I don't see it every being sold. :p

Crazy isn't it!

And he had the ball that got them into the World series!!

The memorabilia is coming thick and fast already, I was looking at KB signed bat with pictures etc this morning for about 1k

Rizzo has given the ball to Tom Ricketts, the owner of the Cubs.
Ricketts is a billionaire so i don't see him cashing in on the ball anytime soon.

The friend of mine who took me to my first game at Wrigley field had a bet with a guy on the outcome of the World Series.
The Indians fan is a top harness racer who offered up a bat signed by the entire Cubs squad .... and as my mate actually is a White Sox fan he is sending the bat out to me :)
Fair to say im absolutely stoked with this windfall when my risk outlay was zilch !

The friend of mine who took me to my first game at Wrigley field had a bet with a guy on the outcome of the World Series.
The Indians fan is a top harness racer who offered up a bat signed by the entire Cubs squad .... and as my mate actually is a White Sox fan he is sending the bat out to me :)
Fair to say im absolutely stoked with this windfall when my risk outlay was zilch !

I just discovered this post right now. That is unbelievable. Awesome score.

Not sure where else to put this. Jonah Keri recorded a conversation with Scott Boras for his podcast this week. Goes for longer than an hour and it's a terrific conversation.

Additionally, here's a link to an article about Noah Syndergaard for all the Mets fans on here.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2017/02/08/noah-syndergaard-mets-synderella-yearbook-photo

Scott Boras, the bane of Owners everywhere. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back