MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Snippet from an Albert Pujols article on fangraphs,

”What’s more, Pujols has been en fuego lately. Since August 10, he’s hit .556/.586/1.259 in 29 PA, with two four-hit games and two two-hit games among his six starts. Since the All-Star break, he’s hit .449/.500/.939 (a major league-best 298 wRC+) with seven homers in 54 PA, and since the start of July, he’s hit .378/.429/.769 (229 wRC+) with nine homers in 91 PA, that after ending June with a .198/.294/.336 (83 wRC+) line.”

Jeez. What is it with Pujols playing in a St Louis Cardinals uniform?

For anyone who has been over to the states and seen games live, what's the best option for buying tickets and best area to sit?

It depends on what teams you go to see really. Tickets aren't overly hard to come across for most teams and you can pick them up fairly cheap on stubhub and seatgeek (especially if midweek games). If it's big market teams (Yankees/Dodgers) I'd probably just payup and purchase them through the teams. Although I did get tickets to a Yankees vs Dbacks arvo game in the bleachers for about 15 bucks from memory. I've only been to games in NY, LA and SF/Oakland so I can't speak for the majority of teams. A's game I walked up and asked for a good seat and that was when they were a wildcard team.

The premium seats are behind the plate but in my experience there weren't really any bad seats, you get what you pay for I guess. I could be wrong but it seemed directly behind the plate in the 2nd/3rd tier was the place to be if getting a foul ball is high on your bucket last.

Have to say when I went I wasn't much of a baseball fan but I've been hooked since and keen to get over and see some more ballparks. Playoff baseball is as good as sport gets IMO.

When I first saw it (it was on a small screen and without sound) I thought it went straight to Acuna because he hardly moved, but it bounced off the wall and Acuna collected it on the first bounce. And he was 15-20 metres off the wall! Amazing.

I liked Olsen grand slam as well, especially his pose after connection, it reminds me of a lot of cricketers who hold their pose after a great shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jansen had a shocker. Surprised he wasn't pulled but I suppose you have to have faith in one of the best closers.

Sandy Alcantara had a beautiful complete game against the dodgers, fixing his ERA against them.

Jansen hasnt really impressed me this year - his overall save numbers are decent but makes it hard work - maybe slight upgrade on Will Smith as our closer (was never easy getting a save for Smith - apart from the playoffs last year where he was flawless)

Alcantara is a gun, so hard to beat him

FanGraphs Baseball's playoffs odds now have the Mariners at 96% likely to play in the post-season this season. US sports' longest playoff drought is about to come to an end!
I think that would mean the Phillies take over as the team with the longest MLB playoff drought, which is a little bit surprising considering there's been quite a few mediocre teams over the last decade.

FanGraphs Baseball's playoffs odds now have the Mariners at 96% likely to play in the post-season this season. US sports' longest playoff drought is about to come to an end!
I think that would mean the Phillies take over as the team with the longest MLB playoff drought, which is a little bit surprising considering there's been quite a few mediocre teams over the last decade.

Phillies will probably make it as well, currently about 2 games ahead in the 2nd wild card spot

I'm sure I'm the only one paying here any attention to an early September game between the worst team in baseball against the second worst team in baseball, but... Norge Ruiz is shockingly bad! A's signed him as a hot Cuban pitching prospect years ago but he's done nothing in the minor leagues. Now, out of desperation, A's have put him in the bullpen and he has been terrible.

I'm sure I'm the only one paying here any attention to an early September game between the worst team in baseball against the second worst team in baseball, but... Norge Ruiz is shockingly bad! A's signed him as a hot Cuban pitching prospect years ago but he's done nothing in the minor leagues. Now, out of desperation, A's have put him in the bullpen and he has been terrible.

I just looked him up, his AAA numbers were ok for 2022, 3.73ERA - probably worth a shot for such a poor team. But agree, overall his numbers aint great - a lot of pitchers get chewed up and spat out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back