MLB Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

There it is.

Phillies into the playoffs for the first time in 11 years. Phew.
Nola with the great start, absolutely dominated us.

A Marlins win tomorrow would make it interesting again in the NL east as I think Alcantara is due to pitch Thursday. Although with the Mets form they'll be swept by the Nationals.
Yeah braves would want to get it done tomorrow (or mets lose one of the double header)

Marlins have said Alcantara is done for the year and won't pitch the last game.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still don't think it's that big of a deal (apart from records and bragging rights) if you come 2nd in the NL East.

Teams can struggle when having some additional time off at this time of the year (it will either be the break was good for them and win the first series or the reason they lose first round of finals )

Yeah braves would want to get it done tomorrow (or mets lose one of the double header)

Marlins have said Alcantara is done for the year and won't pitch the last game.

Ah right, thought I read last week Mattingly say Alcantara would pitch in the Braves series. Winning the division just makes it an easier road to the NLCS, would much rather a Cardinals/Phillies matchup than Dodgers, at the same time you only have to beat the Dodgers over 5.

The real test for the Braves and Dodgers is winning a real world series in a full 162 game season.
Until then, the Nats are still the real champions.

Wasn't it 156 g- oh.
Well, they didn't play every game in the end, so the point still stands :)
View attachment 1526881
Last season was a 162 game season, but Atlanta played 161 because one their games against the Rockies was rained out, and didn't need to be rescheduled.

62 for Judge. I'm not sure that the Rangers pitcher could have picked a better spot for Judge to hit it out. Fastball right down the middle of the plate begging to be crushed, and Judge didn't disappoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Verlander 5 hitless, 10 strikouts for his last start of the regular season. Finishes the regular season with a 1.75 ERA.

Absolutely crazy what he's been able to accomplish coming off Tommy John Surgery at 39 years old.

2 100 win teams in the division. Oh well just couldn't hold our leads
Am I correct in saying this is the sixth time that three teams from same division have made the playoffs? And the first time that two of those teams reached 100 wins?

I feel a little sorry for the Phillies, they are going to finish with a record that isn’t too dissimilar to the Braves last season yet no one is talking about them.

Am I correct in saying this is the sixth time that three teams from same division have made the playoffs? And the first time that two of those teams reached 100 wins?

I feel a little sorry for the Phillies, they are going to finish with a record that isn’t too dissimilar to the Braves last season yet no one is talking about them.
Not yet, braves were 'in a lucky division' at this time of the year last year

Terrible season for the Athletics. First time over 100 losses in years. But I believe in Stephen Vogt. Homered on his first MLB at-bat and whaddya know, homers on his last MLB at-bat.

That's why we love baseball.

Terrible season for the Athletics. First time over 100 losses in years. But I believe in Stephen Vogt. Homered on his first MLB at-bat and whaddya know, homers on his last MLB at-bat.

That's why we love baseball.

How good were his kids announcing him for his first at bat in his final game, great stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back