MLB Season 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the Shohei doco on Disney Plus, if you can. It's a one sided doco about his career to date but I love Shohei even though I hate the Angels, so anything about Shohei I will watch.
It’s a fun doco. Good advertising for Japanese baseball.

Find it interesting that US are so anti-two way. Just either pitcher or batter. Little league has no choice but play both.

Talented players that can do two way.
Elly De La Cruz would be incredible.

It's just a little disappointing that they only showed Ohtani v Trout in the WBC. Was hoping we'd see the bomb he hit off Will Sherriff in the pool game between Japan and Australia. Only a few guys can hit a baseball almost 450 feet (it had a projected distance of 448 feet).

Reports LA, not Angels, are keen to get BOTH Trout and Ohtani. Keen to trade prospects and cash.

The two on the same team would be so unfair…

Guy who tweeted that out isn't credible. I wouldn't give it the time of the day.

Edited - Trout's contract is an albatross. Nobody is trading for it, not even a cashed-up club like the Dodgers.

Last edited:
Guy who tweeted that out isn't credible. I wouldn't give it the time of the day.

Edited - Trout's contract is an albatross. Nobody is trading for it, not even a cashed-up club like the Dodgers.
It’s hideous isn’t it.
Trout has painted himself into a corner. He clearly doesn’t want championships. He’s content.

Won’t go down as the greatest. Injury prone.
1,624 hits, 368 HRs, .301 batting average.
He would need to play 5-8 years of 130+ games to get 2,000 hits and 500 HRs

Miguel Cabrera is far far better at this point.

Congratulations to Australia's own Liam Hendriks, as well as to Cody Bellinger, who were named the AL and NL Comeback Players of the Year a couple of days ago.

Interesting Bellinger is still in FA.
Either GMs are afraid to commit long term not convinced last season was enough to pay for multiple years or as I suspect the asking price to too high.
He was great for us (cubs) and hope we’re still attempting to have him return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back