MLS soccer - 12 of last 13 games have gone over 2.5 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
And in 20 of the last 26 games it's gone over 2.5 goals.

One game currently 1 nil in the 33rd minute now. I like to multi two games over 1.5 goals each and just as I say that the current game is 1-1. Over 1.5 goals hits so often particularly in MLS and of late.

Take two high scoring teams playing and multi together you get at least $1.20 in each game and it hits so often.

In this month alone which has barely started there have been 19 games played and only two have been under 2 goals. 13 have been over 2.5 goals and one is still going as mentioned and it's 1-1 with a half and ten minutes to go. Going back to the last 7 games of last month each of those were also over 2.5 goals. 20 out of the last 26 games over 2.5 goals has hit.

In the month of June there were 44 games played, 26 games went over 2.5 goals, and 36 games went over 1.5 goals.

Long story short over 1.5 goals even at short odds looks very good in MLS. Single bets or multi'd into two legs is good.

The game that was 1-1 when I was doing the write up finished 2-2 also.

Raining goals in MLS. Stake smart, stake small, you can't go wrong. That's betting In general and every now and then bet a little more but do it sparingly.

Have your cake and eat it too. It's a marathon not a sprint and enjoy/get the best of both worlds. Don't get into a jam through the punt. No amount of money is worth your livelihood.

There have been 206 games this MLS season, 159 of those games have gone +1.5
I took the average odds of 10 books for the last 10 matches at +1.5 and got $1.20
If you bet 1 unit +1.5 on every game at an average of $1.20 you'd currently be -15.2 units.
It's slightly better at +2.5 but you'd still be running at a loss. Maybe if you combined into multis over the whole season and got lucky you'd do well, obviously the overs have been pretty consistent recently but I can't see it being sustainable long term. Appreciate you posting this though, it was a good exercise for me.
http://www.betexplorer.com/soccer/usa/mls/results/

Gee who would have thought, backing every game at $1.20 would see you lose. Thanks for that genius.

And if you would have backed the over in the last 26 games both at over 1.5 and 2.5 you'd be fairly profitable. It's easy to pick and choose which you do.

You could be backing games that are $1.90 for arguments sake if you're winning 5 out of 10 you still don't come out ahead, so $1.90 odds don't meant jack. End of the day it's to make a profit whatever way so if you can do that regardless you succeed.

Thanks captain obvious, you really showed me up here pointing out the obvious. You're a pro:thumbsu:

Gee who would have thought, backing every game at $1.20 would see you lose. Thanks for that genius.

And if you would have backed the over in the last 26 games both at over 1.5 and 2.5 you'd be fairly profitable. It's easy to pick and choose which you do.

You could be backing games that are $1.90 for arguments sake if you're winning 5 out of 10 you still don't come out ahead, so $1.90 odds don't meant jack. End of the day it's to make a profit whatever way so if you can do that regardless you succeed.

Thanks captain obvious, you really showed me up here pointing out the obvious. You're a pro:thumbsu:

Yeah but how would you have known to get on this money train EXACTLY 26 games ago?

The last line of the OP implies you should back it in every single game.

No need to have a crack at a bloke going back and doing a longer term statistical analysis of it.
once again you can do what he did for any sport. It's obvious. If it weren't wed all be millionaires.

Mate... I actually thought you might have been onto something hence why I looked into the overall stats. Clearly we have a completely different approach to punting, I prefer to look at long term data and follow a trend, perhaps for a smaller profit. At no stage did I imply you had no idea, you were the one who chose to interpret it that way.

Unders must be due now, time to load up. :cool:
14 of the last 18 games since it recommenced have gone two goals or more, and 12 of them were over 2.5.

Guess it pays to be lucky. But hey, you and everyone here are experts.

Experts who lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 of the last 18 games since it recommenced have gone two goals or more, and 12 of them were over 2.5.

Guess it pays to be lucky. But hey, you and everyone here are experts.

Experts who lose.

Oh noes, the bookies must be real idiots to consistently price these totals incorrectly :rolleyes:

o1.5 pays like 1.17-1.20 on every game dude. Oh look at me I hit something 14 out of 18 times where the bookie thinks it'll hit 16 out of 20 times. Gosh I must be such an expert.

Today's games and latest round

Atlanta vs Orlando 1-1
New England 3-0 Phili
Red bulls 4-0 Montreal
Dallas 0-4 Vancouver
Houston 2-2 Portland
Minnesota 4-0 DC
Salt lake 2-2 Colombus
San Jose 1-0 Colorado
Sporting Kansas 3-2 Chicago Fire

Galaxy vs Seattle to come .

7 of the 9 games went over 2.5 and all but one went over 1.5.

Hahahaha!!!!!!!

Today's games and latest round

Atlanta vs Orlando 1-1
New England 3-0 Phili
Red bulls 4-0 Montreal
Dallas 0-4 Vancouver
Houston 2-2 Portland
Minnesota 4-0 DC
Salt lake 2-2 Colombus
San Jose 1-0 Colorado
Sporting Kansas 3-2 Chicago Fire

Galaxy vs Seattle to come .

7 of the 9 games went over 2.5 and all but one went over 1.5.

Hahahaha!!!!!!!
You're a little bit unhinged aren't you.

You'll probably take this the wrong way but if all you are trying to do is back over 2.5, there are a lot more leagues that have a higher goal per game average than MLS.

8 games today and 6 of the 8 went over 2.5, 7 of the 8 went over 1.5.

Made my money, I'm out!

Walking away a winner and up big time:thumbsu:

:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back