Society & Culture Mobile Phones

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the touch screen is offputting. whenever i've handled someone else's it takes me ages to write a msg

Elvis - charging every night???? that's crazy talk!

Nokia E63

Rating out of 10: 6
Best Features: Simple to use, decent battery life, WLAN accessibility
Worst Features: Buttons are too small, shitty camera, limited features, freezes sometimes
Would you recommend it to others? Only if they want a basic, simple phone.

nokia-e63-full-black.jpg

Got the same one and I agree with everything. Especially about the buttons.

Another Nokia E63. Seems they are starting to out number iphones....

I have a Nokia e63 too. It has served its purpose for 2 years, but am looking to get a HTC Desire sometime this week, if anywhere has them in stock, they've been almost as hard to come by as the iPhone.

Your Phone: Nokia 3120 classic
Rating out of 10: 5
Best Features: It is sleek looking
Worst Features: Crap camera, terrible internet, slow to load phonebook and messages when just turned on, can be annoying on the nails and fingers (particularly the silver square ring).
Would you recommend it to others?: Only if they're a tight ass who doesn't care about the above problems.
nokia-3120-classic-2.jpg

Have been wanting to replace it for some time with a modern touchscreen phone with better internet but intermittent poorness and a large dose of cantbe****eddoingititis has meant I still have it.

Your Phone: Nokia 3120 classic
Rating out of 10: 5
Best Features: It is sleek looking
Worst Features: Crap camera, terrible internet, slow to load phonebook and messages when just turned on, can be annoying on the nails and fingers (particularly the silver square ring).
Would you recommend it to others?: Only if they're a tight ass who doesn't care about the above problems.
nokia-3120-classic-2.jpg

Have been wanting to replace it for some time with a modern touchscreen phone with better internet but intermittent poorness and a large dose of cantbe****eddoingititis has meant I still have it.

This is what I had until about 2 weeks ago. I also had a bad case of cantbe****eddoingititis, but ended up having to get a new phone because it eventually broke down so bad i couldnt even look at the screen. It didnt let me

perfect time for this thread to open, I'm in line for a new phone and need some advice. no chance in hell i'm getting a god damn iphone though, the biggest turn off for me is the battery life and not being able to customise your message tone :thumbsdown:

would probably rather stick with nokia, how's that E5? is that a more expensive phone??

for the sake of the thread, here's what i've been rockin since '07.

Your Phone: Nokia 6120
Rating out of 10: 7/10
Best Features: sturdy, can withstand multiple drops. does everything it needs to
Worst Features: no real weaknesses. can't display some web pages properly
Would you recommend it to others?: yes, about 3 years ago
Picture:
nokia-6120_00.jpg
i had that phone for a couple of years as well, did the job very well but in the end it wouldnt charge properly and i went through about 5 chargers but they all managed to break very quickly. also it started to become really slow so i decided to upgrade, got an iphone which i am very happy with

^^ yeah my phone went through a dodgy patch where the screen would blink on and off and it was slow as ****, but i realised it was just because it was running low on memory space (too many messages). other than that it was ol' reliable. i think the battery/charger problems are inevitable after a while depending on how you condition the battery too

ok so i'm debating over whether i should conform with society and look for an iPhen or stick with trusty nokia and go for the blackberry looking e71/72 or whatever the hell they are

Nokia E71

Rating out of 10: 8
Best Features: Very slim and solid build made up of mostly a metal housing. Can be had on a $19 plan or $200 out right getting you wi-fi, gps, quick office, Nokia messaging - not much is missing. Made in S.Korea. Also awesome battery life (2-3 days depending on use).
Worst Features: Now 2 years old and is getting rather dated under the hood. Not to mention Sybiam OS 9.2 is now 4 years old, but very open ended.

e71-black.jpg

Recommended for those that want/need a smart phone but aren't yet sold on the touchscreens or don't want to fork out for one. And also of course, don't mind a slightly dated phone. I picked this up because it's solid, cheap, feature rich and won't be caught dead with a sluƚ-phone, I mean i-phone.

^^ yeah my phone went through a dodgy patch where the screen would blink on and off and it was slow as ****, but i realised it was just because it was running low on memory space (too many messages). other than that it was ol' reliable. i think the battery/charger problems are inevitable after a while depending on how you condition the battery too

ok so i'm debating over whether i should conform with society and look for an iPhen or stick with trusty nokia and go for the blackberry looking e71/72 or whatever the hell they are
You've heard my views on this before but I'm at work and I need to get the fingers typing so I can get back to work.

I was of the same opinion re iPhones as you know. That was the reason I went and got the Nokia last contract......fail.

I didn't think I'd use apps like I do, but I do. I didn't think I'd get used to the touch keypad, but I did.

Now I watch the hell out of the NBA on the phone, this is win.

re battery. If you don't use your apps or call a lot, you can get a good couple of days. But I use an app as my alarm so it's on charge at night anyway so that's no longer an issue.

As much as I didn't want to 'conform', there's a reason why they're popular.

And you don't 'have' to play on it while your out like some un-named friends. Rude mofo's are rude mofo's with or without an iPhone. Only instead of checking their messages repeatidly, they're now playing games....

^^ not helping my decision

god damn it wall e, i was sold enough on nokia and you gotta screw it up

i heard there's a waiting list for iPhones tho?? i dunno. i'll have to look around and see what deals are available i guess...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your Phone: Sony Ericsson C905
Rating out of 10: 8/10 (was my perfect mobile until the microphone died)
Best Features: Great Camera, not wide like touch screen phones, easy/quick navigation.
Worst Features: A glitch that causes the inner microphone so calls can only be made via speaker phone.. (is a common bug among this model apparently)
Would you recommend it to others?: Probably as it is fairly cheap these days.

Sony%20Ericsson%20C905%20Black.jpeg

I hate E71s and the like, just because of the buttons. A few of my mates have them and if the're driving then I'll write messages for them, takes me about 5 minutes just to write a few lines.

Your Phone: HTC Desire HD
Rating out of 10: 9/10
Best Features: Great reception, huge touchscreen, good pre-installed apps, brilliant color and definition on the screen.
Worst Features: Battery life
Would you recommend it to others?: Yep.

Gonna get this I think. Seems great, any negatives?

Your Phone: HTC Desire HD
Rating out of 10: 9/10
Best Features: Great reception, huge touchscreen, good pre-installed apps, brilliant color and definition on the screen.
Worst Features: Battery life
Picture:
htc-desire-hd.jpg

I want that phone so bad, shame money is an issue for me

I hear the Sony Ericsson XPERIA is crap, so don't buy it. Before you say that's my phone, I have the mini.

This is the XPERIA:

sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_black_450x450x32_fill.png

I hate E71s and the like, just because of the buttons. A few of my mates have them and if the're driving then I'll write messages for them, takes me about 5 minutes just to write a few lines.

The QWERTY keypad should allow you to create a message faster.

The buttons may be too small for those with large thumbs, yes.

Your Phone: Panasonic phone which is mobile
Rating out of 10: 10/10
Best Features: Has reception up to 50m from home base. Light up digital screen. There's two of them so I can keep one in two seperate rooms. A beeping mechinism to use one to track down the other if ever misplaced.
Worst Features: None. An almost perfect innovation.
Picture:

77281d1228630329-digital-cordless-phone-home-use-kx-tg1032s_500.jpg

I've currently got a Nokia E71, I think it's a piece of s**t

Your Phone: Nokia E71
Rating out of 10: 3/10
Best Features: Easy to navigate
Worst Features: Randomly freezes, hard to text, randomly freezes again
Would you recommend it to others?: No

But seriously though. All of the above.

i've got an HTC Desire unbranded/imported from uk, running stock froyo 2.2

Rating: 9/10
Best Feature: Adobe flash capable, widgets, sync to google services, perfect weight and size for me, hardware navigation buttons
Worst features: battery gets raped with games, low internal memory for applications
Would you recommend it to anyone: yes

Your Phone: Nokia N95
Rating out of 10: 8.5/10
Best Features: Strength, Camera/video, Gps, wifi, music.
Worst Features: Speakers
Would you recommend it to others?: No, it's mine.
Picture:

lDgjSFmv7XXWFgM.jpg

Your Phone: Nokia 6720
Rating out of 10: 10
Best Features: Camera quality, crisp buttons, simple menus
Worst Features: Doesn't have the green/grey conversation stream via SMS that IPhones do
Would you recommend it to others?: I can try. :)
Picture:

nokia-6720-classic-pictures-1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back