Mod. Notice Mod Announcements - Please read latest posts

Remove this Banner Ad

While it seems all and sundry have been enjoying our win over Carlton, I just wanted to remind everyone that quoting posts from opposition forums for the sake of trolling is discouraged and will be deleted in future.

While it seems all and sundry have been enjoying our win over Carlton, I just wanted to remind everyone that quoting posts from opposition forums for the sake of trolling is discouraged and will be deleted in future.

To clarify are we able to paraphrase (so not directly quote) posts and not reveal the author?

From time to time I also see interesting posts on other boards that relate to us and that some here may find interesting (i.e. oppoisition compliments, rumours, analysis) are we able to quote them on our board? Or do we need their permission?

To clarify are we able to paraphrase (so not directly quote) posts and not reveal the author?

From time to time I also see interesting posts on other boards that relate to us and that some here may find interesting (i.e. oppoisition compliments, rumours, analysis) are we able to quote them on our board? Or do we need their permission?
Personally I see it more about the spirit of the quoting rather than whether you're identifying other posters. If you want to quote a poster who's made an interesting post I can't see any harm in doing so but if you're doing it for the sake of trolling then obviously that's a no-no.

Ok I have had enough.

Anything said about another poster we class as personal, any opposition supporters who want to come here and stir the pot you WILL be carded.

Yes we lost, yes we are upset, but lets not turn on each other.

And if the criticism of the team is not adding to the conversation, or it hasn't been said 10 times already I am removing it, we know our issues, we don't need to read it on every thread.

What if they're a truly terrible poster and it's imperative that they're told?
I think you're being a bit hard on yourself there.

Just a reminder people as this has happened a couple of times recently - we're not going to edit posts that are mostly fine but contain a personal attack or abuse towards another poster, we're just going to delete them outright.

Just a reminder people as this has happened a couple of times recently - we're not going to edit posts that are mostly fine but contain a personal attack or abuse towards another poster, we're just going to delete them outright.
What if it's so well crafted and devastating that it's basically a work of art?

What if it's so well crafted and devastating that it's basically a work of art?
Then I put that post on my new blog, "Quips of Bigfooty".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half are gifs and half are gifts.
Don't encourage him.:rolleyes:
bighead.jpg

Who are our moderators? I really haven't been paying that much attention. Dlanod and lionbear are both tagged as moderators, as is TheBrownDog, but I think TBD might moderate a different board. Haso? ZoBlitz? They say a good test of an AFL field umpire is that you don't notice them, well perhaps that is true of our Mods. I actually think the moderation on our board has improved since the days when I first started posting. I'm sure it still happens when people post inappropriately, but it has been a while since I have noticed huge chunks of a debate / large numbers of posts being deleted simply because a moderator doesn't agree with sentiments expressed. There seems a greater level of tolerance of dissent and a willingness to keep threads clean / aligned with their original intent by accommodating elements of a side debate in their own thread. This is good.

Despite talk of cliques, I think the general level of fairness and the overall quality of posting on our board has improved over the last year or so.

Why are non moderators allowed to post in the mod announcement thread? Whenever I see this thread i think i'm about to be handed some piece of valuable mod generated enlightenment only to open it up and find the usual quips, sarcasm and gifs, the rest of this board is infected with. Disappointing mods, disappointing. :straining: