Mod. Notice Mod Announcements - Please read latest posts

Lady Lawrence

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Please read and understand the guidelines below for posting on the Brisbane Lions Board. If unclear on anything please ask.

To All Posters

Please refrain from calling people idiots etc, if you disagree with what a poster has said debate the points raised with counter discussion points of your own do not debate the poster. If you make a comment, especially a controversial one, be prepared to back it up - try to avoid "hit and run" posts

Please try and use correct spelling and punctuation – it makes it so much easier for people to respond to you. This ain’t SMS. Use abbreviations sparingly if possible.

Opposition supporters

Constructive and friendly debate is more than welcome.

Please refer to our Sub-board called Roster Watch which should be able to answer any questions you may have regarding our current list. Or simply post a question there for the player you want more information on.

Joining in the spirit of existing satire and friendly banter may also be okay.

Saying you were only joking after you have been infracted = bad luck. If you are not sure and don't make it clear, then don't post it.

Calling us The Bears is only ever used in derogatory terms and even if you consider it a joke we don't, immediate infractions will be issued.

Opposition fans do not have the same right of reply as Brisbane fans.

Personal abuse by an opposition fan will meet with an infraction.

Disrespect towards Brisbane or its players will meet with an infraction.

The moderators reserve the right to interpret your intent as they see fit.

If you want to complain against an infraction via PM or on the boards, you may be rewarded with a further infraction.

The moderators may at any time decide to remove your access to the Brisbane board temporarily or permanently.

Brisbane supporters

You do have the right of reply against opposition supporters, however if your response far outweighs what you are responding to, warnings or infractions may be handed out. Let's remember kids post here too.

Abuse of fellow Brisbane supporters may incur an infraction or a warning.

If you are found to be an opposition supporter posing as a Brisbane supporter, your board access will be removed and enough infraction points retrospectively incurred for trolling posts, to ensure you spend a spell on the sidelines site wide.

We will not always catch everything and we may not act on everything, however the onus is on the posters to check their own behaviour, not the moderators to be 100% consistent (although that is our aim). If we spend a couple of hours cleaning up rubbish, then we may not be as forgiving of breaches as we would be if it had been quiet recently.

A long time reasonable poster may not incur the same punishment as a new poster who has always pushed the boundaries. You make your own reputation and may occasionally be judged based on that reputation. They are the facts of life.

Also on the unique side is the ability to meet up with fellow posters and form friendships and whilst this is great, carrying on as if in a conversation with each other can be exclusionary to other posters. If you make a comment that is an "inside" joke you must be prepared to explain it if asked.

Please don't quote posts from other boards on the Lions board because it's never done for a good reason but mainly done to take stuff out of context, even if it's not tagged/normally quoted. If you want to comment on a post, comment in the thread it was made in. If you don't feel you can make that comment there, maybe you shouldn't be making the comment.

Criticism is fine but personal attacks and name calling are right out. That includes both other posters and in general, including players.

Once more, if you are not sure ...don't post it. Or at the very least ask a moderator.

You are also required to abide by BigFooty.com
posting rules. It is your responsibility to know and abide by these rules. Playing the "I didn't know the rules" card is NOT an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Re: Brisbane Lions Board - Posting Guidelines

If you are lucky enough to be able to attend training sessions then it's up to you to be prudent when sharing information. Most club's will have forward scouts at training sessions, so it shouldn't matter, but why take the risk of giving any more info to other clubs than necessary? If you have somehow have been privy to a closed session, any posts WILL be deleted and action taken - these sessions are closed for a reason and the club's wishes on that should be respected.

Fair point.

I may have been giving a bit too much away lately. Who knows, I may be responsible for the demise of the 'green jumper of shame' system. :eek:

Will keep training thoughts to myself from now on methinks.

Sep 23, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS, FC Bayern Munich

I would add - criticism of a player's performance on the field is one thing, but try to be constructive. Criticism of a personal or non-football nature should be avoided.

Some of the players do read the board, so it might be worth considering their feelings (they are people too). They are usually hard on themselves and the coaches are hard on them so they don't need venomous remarks from supporters as well.

lionsrock9

Debutant
Sep 20, 2006
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bullets and Roar

I would add - criticism of a player's performance on the field is one thing, but try to be constructive. Criticism of a personal or non-football nature should be avoided.

Some of the players do read the board, so it might be worth considering their feelings (they are people too). They are usually hard on themselves and the coaches are hard on them so they don't need venomous remarks from supporters as well.

So who are the players that read the board ?

Lady Lawrence

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

can we please keep this thread 100% on topic ie any comments with regards to the posting guidelines.

Thanks

Fair point.

I may have been giving a bit too much away lately. Who knows, I may be responsible for the demise of the 'green jumper of shame' system. :eek:

Will keep training thoughts to myself from now on methinks.

It's not necessarily keeping it to yourself as I'm sure many here appreciate training reports if they can't attend them, but it probably pays to be miserly with details on special tactics, etc. But reporting who's training and who's not is hardly going to bring the team down IMO.

I hope everyone has a good read of these rules. I know it's lengthy but if we want make this a happy and constructive board it's important to get your head around it.

It's not necessarily keeping it to yourself as I'm sure many here appreciate training reports if they can't attend them, but it probably pays to be miserly with details on special tactics, etc. But reporting who's training and who's not is hardly going to bring the team down IMO.

I know as a Melbourne-based supporter it is good to know what is happening when the team is up north at home base

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

Yeah, I normally just try and memorise everything that I saw and write it out in one big brainstorm.

That said, having to filter it all for public consumption is beginning to sound an awful lot like work.

There are other ways I can get training information to those I trust with it.

Lady Lawrence

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Yeah, I normally just try and memorise everything that I saw and write it out in one big brainstorm.

this is what those that can't attend want to see on here, what you see is no different to what bob or bill or joe public can see, let alone media etc. so there is no prblem with sharing that.

I personally find your reports great so would be disappointed to see them go.

It's the stuff that comes up in personal chats with the players and staff etc that may be said cos they have gotten to know you that they perhaps wouldn't say to a stranger that needs to be carefully through about before posting.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

It's the stuff that comes up in personal chats with the players and staff etc that may be said cos they have gotten to know you that they perhaps wouldn't say to a stranger that needs to be carefully through about before posting.

Yeah, I never repeat anything of that ilk.

I really don't think team spies will be checking out my training reports. I may start slipping in the occasional Red Herring anyway.

Sam Sheldon expected to line up in the ruck this week. ;)

I hope everyone has a good read of these rules. I know it's lengthy but if we want make this a happy and constructive board it's important to get your head around it.

Trying to be realistic I can't see opposition supporters taking the time to read these rules.

Trying to be realistic I can't see opposition supporters taking the time to read these rules.

That's tough for them then. :cool: Most of the guidelines are reflection of the forum rules i.e. the ten commandments, so if they haven't read those and they should have, there will be no excuse.

lion_gooner

Premiership Player
Suspended
Sep 20, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
the mighty GOONERS

get rid of the spelling,grammer and new thread nazi's surely you have better things to do than worry about spelling and grammer after all this is a football forum not an english forum

im not saying thats its ok to tlk lke dis

all im saying dont whinge and moan about it and talk about football like your supposed to

get rid of the spelling,grammer and new thread nazi's

The definition of irony....i would say though, that in recent times with queries over exact meanings of posts and the like, issues with grammar can lead to misinterpretations.

get rid of the spelling,grammer and new thread nazi's surely you have better things to do than worry about spelling and grammer after all this is a football forum not an english forum

im not saying thats its ok to tlk lke dis

all im saying dont whinge and moan about it and talk about football like your supposed to

Actually, this is an English forum.

I don't get you gooner. You pay Collingwood supporters out for their incorrect use of language, and then you get all in a tizz when someone wants to correct your poor English. You can't have it both ways.