images

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Good choice.

Adding a former Grammar boy to the team will unquestionably add a certain gentility and refinement that has been missing.;)

EDIT: Just btw, my reference to DtC adding the refined touch only a private school education can:eek: was in no way down playing the work Pure_Ownage did over a long time. It's in many respects a thankless task which was handled with aplomb. An opinion I will continue to hold regarding all of 'em. At least until one of 'em ever dares to card me.

Last edited:
Good choice.

Adding a former Grammar boy to the team will unquestionably add a certain gentility and refinement that has been missing.;)

Now that made me laugh out loud...literally. Made my morning....:thumbsu:

BlightysCats

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Phil Opiontube Phillies
Would have been good to see a woman get the job.
Seems like it's heavily male-orientated just as the AFL is and there are some exceptional female posters in here who are always level headed and think outside the box.

Having said that, David is a good appointment.
What's desperately needed is a mod that isn't so obviously biased against the anti-Scott crew - some balance would be nice. Pure Ownage has been a very good mod; even handed, calm and respectful. Good luck DTC I'm guessing there'll be some difficult times ahead.:thumbsu:

What's desperately needed is a mod that isn't so obviously biased against the anti-Scott crew - some balance would be nice. Pure Ownage has been a very good mod; even handed, calm and respectful. Good luck DTC I'm guessing there'll be some difficult times ahead.:thumbsu:

Pure_Ownage was indeed a terrific Mod... big shoes to fill no doubt...I can only give it my best shot.

I don't believe I am biased against the "anti-Scott crew"..I don't necessarily agree with all aspects of your position but I don't believe I would ever support denial of your right to express it.

Being even handed, calm and respectful is of course, a two way street BC...I believe we can rely on each other to reflect that in our future interactions, and hopefully in our interactions with our fellow Cat fans as well.

Some difficult times ahead? I have no doubt about that. I'll do my best to handle those difficult times with energy and good humour.

Thank you for your best wishes. :thumbsu:

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
This board has too much testosterone and too many ego's.
It's why many businesses are now placing a lot of their faith in women as general managers and CEO's as they are not prone to rushing and scientific evidence is proving they do indeed have a greater capacity to multi-task and you certainly need that on here when you also have a life away from the computer screen.
But hey, I don't want to turn this thread into a negative spin. It is what it is and as I said above, personally, David has always been one of the more respected posters in all the years I have been on here so will be a good moderator no doubt :thumbsu:
As I have pledged I will not reply.

Larry Donohue

Premium Platinum
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks Pure. Have enjoyed your advised and level contributions in my short time here.
Davo degatto, I look forward to your pointed form of level when some posters test your ilk.

Would have been good to see a woman get the job.
Seems like it's heavily male-orientated just as the AFL is and there are some exceptional female posters in here who are always level headed and think outside the box.

Having said that, David is a good appointment.

A number of the female posters may probably prefer to keep their gender to themselves.
I was surprised last year when I met up with a poster, whose comments I highly respect, to find that the particular person was a female. I am not trying to be politically correct, but her knowledge of the game is very good and some people would be very surprised to find out that this person was a female. I know that I was.
And there was another one that I thought was a bloke. I am still kick'n myself for that episode.
Doctor Gero will understand, as will @Turtlebots

Last edited:
It is with some excitement and a tinge of sadness that we bring you some news on some moderator line-up changes commencing today.

On behalf of the Geelong moderator group I’d like to extend a warm thank you to Pure_Ownage for his distinguished career as a Geelong mod. Life priorities (baby, work, etc.) are getting in the way of important BigFooty business for PO (so selfish mate!) so he is hanging up the navy blue mod tracksuit.

catempire dazbroncos and winty

Pure_Ownage is one of my most respected contributors to this forum. Always sane, and I enjoy the knowledge that he shares of the potential draftees.

raw

Good choice.

Ok. But if he is a former Geelong College boy who was a director of a failed Geelong based Building Society, which collapsed in 1990 with debts of A$2 billion, then I may have to reconsider.

Ok. But if he is a former Geelong College boy who was a director of a failed Geelong based Building Society, which collapsed in 1990 with debts of A$2 billion, then I may have to reconsider.

I am NOT in any way affiliated with Geelong College....repeat..NOT affiliated in any way.

Scumbags....

I am NOT in any way affiliated with Geelong College....repeat..NOT affiliated in any way.

Scumbags....

Ok. But Geelong Grammar has been in the news of late for rather nefarious reasons.
I guess that I am lucky that I went to East Geelong Technical School and that it has a reputation for producing fine citizens......like our mayor from 2013 to 2016.

By the way, our new MODERATOR David the Cat should inform us when he treks down to Oz so that we can catch up over a few beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back