Models

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Underrated band imo, they deserve their own thread.

They modeled themselves into different styles hence the name.

Early 80s avant garde style Models.

Mid 80s polished pop style Models.

Late 80s festival rock style Models.

Underrated band imo, they deserve their own thread.

They modeled themselves into different styles hence the name.

Early 80s avant garde style Models.

I Hear Motion is a criminally underrated song.

Fun fact: Sean Kelly was Leek van Vlalen, the original guitarist for TISM. He played on Trucking Songs and Hot Dogma.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I Hear Motion is a criminally underrated song.

Fun fact: Sean Kelly was Leek van Vlalen, the original guitarist for TISM. He played on Trucking Songs and Hot Dogma.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I wasn't aware of that, the guys in TISM were pretty good at hiding their real identities though.

Never really sussed this band but I went to uni with the son of James Frued. He never really mentioned it, I knew he was in bands and googled them and found out. He was a really, really nice guy and had a natural sadness to him that seemed to soak through and pushed out his friendliness.

James Freud was a great singer/songwriter but the booze got the better of him.

Even with one of the Models greatest hits you can see the writing on the wall.

x293.jpg

Love the Models. First two albums (alphabravo... and Local and/or General) are two of my favourite Aussie albums.
Always felt that Sean lost his band to James as they became more commercial and less eclectic, like an Aussie version Roxy Music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Models. First two albums (alphabravo... and Local and/or General) are two of my favourite Aussie albums.
Always felt that Sean lost his band to James as they became more commercial and less eclectic, like an Aussie version Roxy Music.
Throw in Cut Lunch as well.
Two cabs to the Toucan and Atlantic romantic are a couple of my faves.

Throw in Cut Lunch as well.
Two cabs to the Toucan and Atlantic romantic are a couple of my faves.

Yes should have included the Cut Lunch, a great little EP.
I think Mark Ferrie left shortly after Local and/or General was released and that was the end of my favourite Models period.
Not that I didn't like the later periods.

The Models were the best band in Melbourne from 1978-80, quirky genius IMO. They played almost every night and the best songs were Owe You Nothing, Years Ago, John From Earth, Whisper Through the Wall, Current Affair, Body Shop, Brave New World, Use the Gun Instead, The Other People Incident and heaps more....it was a magical time when you could see Models, Boys Next Door (Nick Cave) and Flowers (Icehouse) at the same venue!

Last edited:
Pleasure of Your Company is in my top 20 albums of all time.

I'd thoroughly recommend the "Melbourne" album. It contains all the early songs that were never on the albums.

Apparently when they signed they ditched all the early songs and started writing new songs which became AlphaBravo.......
Love to get my hands on a copy, but I think it would be easier to find the Holy Grail.

I'd thoroughly recommend the "Melbourne" album. It contains all the early songs that were never on the albums.

Apparently when they signed they ditched all the early songs and started writing new songs which became AlphaBravo.......
It was a huge slap in the face to all the fans who had followed them for the previous two years, Alpha Bravo is the second album first....Kelly has made several career killer decisions over the years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back