Opinion MODERATE ideas for a 'fairer' AFL without the hyperbole of VIC & non-VIC trolls. TROLLS FROM BOTH SIDES PLEASE KEEP OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

What a sook. Me me me. 'I dont like it so they should call it off'

What about clubs that are already on their knees and might not survive a cancelled season. What about the hundreds of non playing staff across clubs and afl, stuff them too?

The players are tested twice weekly and the best practices possible in place. Hell of a lot better than the protection most of us get and we are doing our best to continue on with life.

Naive and selfish post.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

In 96 Fitzroy got royally shafted with no help. Ironically Freo were the only entity to pay them due respect in Perth on their last day. About 5 years leter Freo was on their knees $8m in debt and the AFL CEO called us a "basket case" and we never got help. These days we pay the AFL to prop up these clubs.

It's hard to have sympathy from my stand point. Time for mergers if they want the vast majority to stay viable.

Showing a fundamental lack of understanding about this virus.

young healthy people around the world have contracted this virus, recovered from it and a month later had heart attacks and died.

children are dying from it after having it as well.

Theres a lot we dont know about this virus as weve only just started studying it. There are neural aspects to it as evinced by smell and taste symptoms that indicate there could be permanent brain issues.

wow so much hyperbole I don’t even know where to begin

please expand and tell me how many young heathy people are suffering heart attacks post recovery?
Now compare that number against the rate young people have heart attacks in general.
Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

how many children are dying from coronavirus??
No point just making the statement because without data it’s useless.

and the whole smell thing? that may indicate neural damage, But it could also just be the virus attaches in the tissue in your nose.
You know, the thing on your face you use to smell stuff.

wow so much hyperbole I don’t even know where to begin

please expand and tell me how many young heathy people are suffering heart attacks post recovery?
Now compare that number against the rate young people have heart attacks in general.
Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

how many children are dying from coronavirus??
No point just making the statement because without data it’s useless.

and the whole smell thing? that may indicate neural damage, But it could also just be the virus attaches in the tissue in your nose.
You know, the thing on your face you use to smell stuff.

First point:

Second point:

Third point:

Stop trolling things like mental health. It's pretty disgusting tbh.

Let's put my post into context here-- let's go back over the posts.

Of course but the likes of Cotchin and Riewoldt will cry "can't leave home for more than 2 days, but I still want my full pay"
Isn’t that exactly what Adam Simpson has been doing in the media for the past week—- whinging that his club is away from their friends & family??

Yes but if every team has to do it nobody will be complaining. Either you do it and get paid or don't do it and don't get paid. Choice is yours
I don’t hear Fremantle, Port Adelaide & Adelaide complaining about it as anywhere near as much as Adam Simpson is—- but of course it’s the “whinging Victorians on Zoom” the only ones who didn’t want to go into hubs.

So it's ok for an Eagles supporter to make fun of Trent Cotchin & Jack Riewoldt because they didn't want to be in the hubs, but it's not when I say that the exact same thing is occurring with Adam Simpson and the West Coast Eagles players??

Also getting on your high horse about "trolling mental health" is ironic considering the joke you made earlier on in this thread...

Bigfooty is my safe space.

Hypocrisy 101 from the Eagles faithful here Ladies & Gentleman.

Haven't seen those stats, "can suffer" is it a high percentage? I'm hoping given who is likely to be adversely affected that if there is a 2nd wave we just lockdown the elderly and those with immune and morbidity issues and let the young and healthy get on with their lives, not worth shutting down the economy.

Note- I am over 60 and have some health issues.
Without boring everyone, this is from an article at nature.com
Clinical and immunological assessment of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections - Published June 18
"The authors also conclude that the absence of symptoms may not imply an absence of harm. CT scans conducted on 54% of 76 asymptomatic individuals on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, appear to show significant subclinical lung abnormalities, raising the possibility of SARS-CoV-2 infection impacting lung function that might not be immediately apparent. The scientists say further research is needed to confirm the potential significance of this finding."

I am well aware all data on COVID19 is new, has small sample sizes, is rarely peer reviewed and must always be read with an open mind.

Every Australian should be proud of the achievements of SA, WA, NT, TAS & QLD in dealing with COVID. AFL need to hop and board and get out of Melbourne ASAP.

Don't need to cancel, they need to relocate the Vic teams to the cleaner states. At least until mid August
Keep your dirty footballers out of our clean states. They just need to convert pentridge into a training facility and you'll have no problems with players getting covid.

Not for the non-Victorian sides...

More revenue playing games than sitting out.

How? If Vic clubs aren't playing no-one here will watch which will automatically reduce the tv rights revenue by ~75% if not more. Not to mention the AFL won't be able to meet their contractual obligations for 9 games a week. It's a farcical suggestion.

Not really. I'm fine with the season being cancelled. It's pretty much bullshit this season anyway with hubs. How can anyone say that it's even when half the team's not even playing on their home ground for 5 weeks. Now we got player sick with covid 19.

Just be done with it. It hasn't been entertaining anyway the way it is. Boring matches everywhere this season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wce and Freo = "half the teams" 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice OP, but of course a bunch of middle aged Victorian supporters hate hearing any further evidence of bias in light of the obvious revelations that continue to seep out that the competition is uneven.

So precious.

Community outbreaks all around Victoria right now. I'm going to be staying indoors for the next month.

This season will be cancelled within the next 4 weeks after most Victorian clubs test positive.

Good article, no stats. Unless I missed it, the article references 3 people specifically who are young, had COVID and had a stroke? I couldn’t see anything more than vague references to increased amounts of young people suffering from stroke. Stats and data matters hugely.

my wife’s35 year old friend last year had a stroke. It’s shockingly sad, fortunately super uncommon and with COVID, still super uncommon.

Sedond point:

Article is about Kawasaki like disease appearing in children.

Prof Russell Viner, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, said the majority of children who have had the condition have responded to treatment and are getting better and starting to go home.

The syndrome is "exceptionally rare", he said.

"This shouldn't stop parents letting their children exit lockdown," Prof Viner added.”

-https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-52648557

EXCEPTIONALLY RARE

Third point:

“The sudden loss of smell in Covid-19 patients could result from the virus infecting these support cells and then either causing local inflammation or disrupting the cells’ role in maintaining the balance of ions that olfactory neurons need to function properly, says neuroscientist Sandeep Robert Datta, who led the Harvard study.“
Pretty much what I said but in more scientific vernacular.

Without boring everyone, this is from an article at nature.com
Clinical and immunological assessment of asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections - Published June 18
"The authors also conclude that the absence of symptoms may not imply an absence of harm. CT scans conducted on 54% of 76 asymptomatic individuals on the Diamond Princess cruise ship, appear to show significant subclinical lung abnormalities, raising the possibility of SARS-CoV-2 infection impacting lung function that might not be immediately apparent. The scientists say further research is needed to confirm the potential significance of this finding."

I am well aware all data on COVID19 is new, has small sample sizes, is rarely peer reviewed and must always be read with an open mind.

Every Australian should be proud of the achievements of SA, WA, NT, TAS & QLD in dealing with COVID. AFL need to hop and board and get out of Melbourne ASAP.
Thanks for that, I'd say given the age demographic of that cruise that most of those having CT scans would have been in the older range bracket and you would need to know what and how severe the lung abnormalities were.

As you say small sample size and not peer reviewed, a few other words in that from nature.com that need to be taken into account I have bolded.

The one positive thing footywise about corona is the massive light its shining on the Vic bias issue. It's been a problem for years but always gets brushed aside and never dealt with. Hopefully with all the attention its getting now some things actually change.

Will you ever learn?

Good article, no stats. Unless I missed it, the article references 3 people specifically who are young, had COVID and had a stroke?

my wife’s35 year old friend last year had a stroke. It’s shockingly sad, fortunately super uncommon and with COVID, still super uncommon.

Article is about Kawasaki like disease appearing in children.

Prof Russell Viner, president of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, said the majority of children who have had the condition have responded to treatment and are getting better and starting to go home.

The syndrome is "exceptionally rare", he said.

"This shouldn't stop parents letting their children exit lockdown," Prof Viner added.”

-https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-52648557

EXCEPTIONALLY RARE

“The sudden loss of smell in Covid-19 patients could result from the virus infecting these support cells and then either causing local inflammation or disrupting the cells’ role in maintaining the balance of ions that olfactory neurons need to function properly, says neuroscientist Sandeep Robert Datta, who led the Harvard study.“
Pretty much what I said but in more scientific vernacular.
Well ive read a heap of articles not just one on each.

Kawasaki is incredibly rare - and now theres cases appearing in all the viral hotspots.

thats the point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back