Modern Warfare 3 - Part IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Modern Warfare 3 - Part IX or is it X maybe Part XI

but yeh i'm not sure how so many of you guys play this on a near nightly basis still.....if i played it more than twice a week i'd throw the ****ing disc!

I know, I'm a sucker.

TIme for another "elite" bitch/rant. I see that the next content has been released for the Xbox while the PS3 owners are still waiting for the first one :mad:

What's worse is that my 11 year old son who has a 360, spent about 40 minutes the other night waiting in the elite lobby because he was trying to play the 2 new maps. Chances are that even when the PS3 maps go live that actually playing them after the first few days of their release may be nigh on impossible.

The whole elite system appears to be an epic flop with little foresight put into it. Giving elite members up to 3 months of exclusive access to maps seems futile if there arent enough players in the elite lobby, time to scrap the old system and just release the maps to non elite a week or so after they are released to elite members so that they can be added into the standard playlist rotation.

Clan operations are a go, enlisted us in domination captures

Some info:

Clan Operations only count the scores of clan members who are premium Call of Duty: Elite members. Additionally, we collect the top six premium member scores from each clan to create leaderboards for each clan operation. Free members are not displayed on clan operation leaderboards. This operation only counts performance in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Winning Criteria

Champion: Single best Clan +2500 Clan XP
Gold: 90 - 100% +1000 Clan XP
Silver: 75 - 90% +500 Clan XP
Bronze: 50 - 75% + 250 Clan XP

We should be able to get gold, starts roughly this time saturday morning, only premium members scores count, so who in our clan is a premium member? Hopefully we have enough to run a couple of teams

The lag on the game has never really given me that much grief in the past up until yesterday. I'm trying to level up the shotguns so I know ill die a bit, but I don't understand how I cant kill someone when they cop a full mag of AA12 shells into their back, and for them to only spin around and kill me instantly. In the killcam he was copping an absolute beating with his screen red the whole duration that I was firing and then takes two bullets with a UMP.
My favourite one was this morning when I was playing on Dome and I ran down the flight of stairs towards C flag to get killed out of nowhere when I was up to the first landing part of the stairs. I suss the killcam to see some guy shooting me side on and looked as though he killed me before I had even entered the staircase.
This happens all too often when I am completely around corners and I die instantly, and just being killed instantly in general.

Going to give this a break for a while, back to MW2 and GT5 for me.

The lag comp has been pretty bad for me lately too.

My hunch is that for the people that were enjoying pretty solid connections early on (like me and its sounds like you Dogs) might have been adversely affected by the updates.

I pretty much play 100% s&d now unless I am trying to level up a gun, the slower game play means lag/lag comp isn't as obvious and is a bit less infuriating.

The lag comp has been pretty bad for me lately too.

My hunch is that for the people that were enjoying pretty solid connections early on (like me and its sounds like you Dogs) might have been adversely affected by the updates.

That doesn't sound good at all, I've been in the same boat as you guys, getting pretty good connections and no problems.

The lag on the game has never really given me that much grief in the past up until yesterday. I'm trying to level up the shotguns so I know ill die a bit, but I don't understand how I cant kill someone when they cop a full mag of AA12 shells into their back, and for them to only spin around and kill me instantly. In the killcam he was copping an absolute beating with his screen red the whole duration that I was firing and then takes two bullets with a UMP.
My favourite one was this morning when I was playing on Dome and I ran down the flight of stairs towards C flag to get killed out of nowhere when I was up to the first landing part of the stairs. I suss the killcam to see some guy shooting me side on and looked as though he killed me before I had even entered the staircase.
This happens all too often when I am completely around corners and I die instantly, and just being killed instantly in general.

Going to give this a break for a while, back to MW2 and GT5 for me.
Now you see why people were 'bitching' so early on. This was happening to me and a number of others since the start.

Now I'm sober from MW3 for more than a month, it feels amazing.

Will probably go back for a hit sometime soon just to get my winstreak up above 200 though.

Now you see why people were 'bitching' so early on. This was happening to me and a number of others since the start.

Now I'm sober from MW3 for more than a month, it feels amazing.

Will probably go back for a hit sometime soon just to get my winstreak up above 200 though.

All this talk reinforces my decision to pass on this series.

Clan operations are a go, enlisted us in domination captures

Some info:

Clan Operations only count the scores of clan members who are premium Call of Duty: Elite members. Additionally, we collect the top six premium member scores from each clan to create leaderboards for each clan operation. Free members are not displayed on clan operation leaderboards. This operation only counts performance in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3.
Winning Criteria

Champion: Single best Clan +2500 Clan XP
Gold: 90 - 100% +1000 Clan XP
Silver: 75 - 90% +500 Clan XP
Bronze: 50 - 75% + 250 Clan XP

We should be able to get gold, starts roughly this time saturday morning, only premium members scores count, so who in our clan is a premium member? Hopefully we have enough to run a couple of teams

I'm in if needed, weekend off for once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk reinforces my decision to pass on this series.
I should've too. I'm definitely about only 10% likely to get this years effort (as at least Treyarch bought out the COD that I've had the most fun with in all the games). But that definitely goes backwards by the day, espcially if this stupid lag comp remains. Just not worth the frustration and hassle.

I sort of thought I would be obliged to play the game seeing so many people on it all the time. But having other game focusses really has seen me not even think to put it in for a long time now.

Yeah, but its still a lot of fun most the time.

I still enjoy it. S and D lobbies with a couple of mates who know what they're doing can be awesome fun.

oh sacka relax FFS.

where were you when this was posted:

S&D is for ****.

Anyawayyyy....S and D lobbies aren't for everyone, the games are slower, there is more camping and you are much more reliant on solid team mates. Honestly though, if you complain about camping in S and D, when you have one life per round and potentially three of them are oriented toward defending a certain point - then you need to take a good hard, long look in the mirror. Don't want camping - play KC or Dom.

...but there is also a lot of strategy, tactics, timing and thinking on your feet in S and D. Against good players you can't just run around willy nilly, or you will get found out by the more methodical, crafty player - as found out recently by a couple of prominent Bigfooty posters.

Yeah I stopped after the 2nd prestige, Ive been playing bf3 non stop since

this is my take on it.

enjoy the style of shooter, love playing with most of the BF boys, hate getting screwed by artificial lag, love still being so dominant even though i barely play but hate that it's not as dominant as it should be because of lag comp.

it's such an annoying/infuriating cycle but the good parts just keep you coming back 'cause the only recent/current games in this style better is previous iterations that i've already played to death! :|

This, 100% this.

I just can't understand if its that bad why people keep playing it. Not like there isn't alternatives
I've been able to start and finish The Darkness 1 and also finish the last couple of hours of Saints Row 3 in the time I haven't been on MW3. With plenty of hours still put into FIFA 12 on the side.

Feelsgoodman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back