Draft Expert ModernArtillery 2022 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
October Rankings
Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very busy period for me but I'll try to get at least one more update of my rankings out before the draft. I've had to do my due diligence on Jack O'Sullivan and Max Gruzewski, who are both risers as a result.

I've always believed in Phillipou's talent, but aside from the aerial capability, I've always had a little bit of concern about his speed around stoppage. His testing put to bed any concerns about his speed and with further development I'm sure he'll be able to utilise it more effectively to exit the contest. I'm still a strong believer in Elijah Hewett as a borderline top 5 talent and would happily use an early selection on him. It seems as if he's likely to feature in the second half of the first round (and beyond) which I think represents extremely good value. I think Cadman's rise to a top selection is partially to do with his form (which has obviously been strong) and partly to do with the lack of top-end key position talent. I prefer some of the top end midfielders in isolation, but list structure and composition would obviously play a role if I was coming from a club perspective.

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Mattaes Phillipou
5. Elijah Tsatas
6. Elijah Hewett
7. Jhye Clark
8. Bailey Humphrey
9. Aaron Cadman
10. Mitch Szybkowski

There's not a lot of separation between Mackenzie and Szybkowski, with the two pretty interchangeable for me. I feel like Szybkowski has a bit more speed from stoppage and can be more damaging with his kicking, however I'm relying primarily on tape so defer to others on that one. I think Busslinger and Hayes are 100+ game key defenders at AFL level and would gladly take them in the first round. Hotton is the big riser for me. I value his stoppage-craft and ability to impact the scoreboard when going forward. I have Michalanney really high and Jacob Weddle really low. You could mount a genuine case that they're the wrong way around and I wouldn't argue against it. I just really believe in Michalanney's ability to impact the game defensively, against a variety of opposition, and I think the offensive tools are there to be damaging the other way. Stylistically, I'm thinking Dylan Grimes. I just need Max to grab himself a couple of extra cm's height-wise.

11. Cam Mackenzie
12. Jedd Busslinger
13. Lewis Hayes
14. Harry Barnett
15. Olli Hotton
16. Harry Lemmey
17. Alwyn DaveyJr
18. Oliver Hollands
19. Max Michalanney
20. Jaspa Fletcher

Gruzewski and O'Sullivan the big risers here. I've liked O'Sullivan for a while, but had to go back to some vision to remember why I was so high on him. I also got a couple of Gruzewski's early NAB League games too and was really impressed with what I saw from him down back. I think that's the position I see him having the greatest success in at AFL level. After pulling together the Dowling profile, I felt like I'd really underrated his versatility and how well his game translates to AFL footy. I like him on the wing at the next level.

21. Max Gruzewski
22. Jonti Schuback
23. Matthew Jefferson
24. Isaac Keeler
25. Charlie Clarke
26. Jack O'Sullivan
27. Jacob Konstanty
28. Billy Dowling
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Lachie Cowan

I continue to be the biggest Archie Lovelock fan. He's one that I think could just find a way at the next level. I love Burgiel's versatility, but wonder what the game looks like for him at the next level. D'Aloia would've been an incredible prospect in an earlier era, but wonder how the running and athletic limitations impact him at the next level. I like what Will Verrall has to offer as a ruck prospect and am intrigued by Phoenix Foster's size and skill-set.

31. Harry Cole
32. Brayden George
33. Reuben Ginbey
34. Josh Weddle
35. Coby Burgiel
36. Archie Lovelock
37. Sam Gilbey
38. Adam D'Aloia
39. Will Verrall
40. Phoenix Foster

Last edited:

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very busy period for me but I'll try to get at least one more update of my rankings out before the draft. I've had to do my due diligence on Jack O'Sullivan and Max Gruzewski, who are both risers as a result.

I've always believed in Phillipou's talent, but aside from the aerial capability, I've always had a little bit of concern about his speed around stoppage. His testing put to bed any concerns about his speed and with further development I'm sure he'll be able to utilise it more effectively to exit the contest. I'm still a strong believer in Elijah Hewett as a borderline top 5 talent and would happily use an early selection on him. It seems as if he's likely to feature in the second half of the first round (and beyond) which I think represents extremely good value. I think Cadman's rise to a top selection is partially to do with his form (which has obviously been strong) and partly to do with the lack of top-end key position talent. I prefer some of the top end midfielders in isolation, but list structure and composition would obviously play a role if I was coming from a club perspective.

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Mattaes Phillipou
5. Elijah Tsatas
6. Elijah Hewett
7. Jhye Clark
8. Bailey Humphrey
9. Aaron Cadman
10. Mitch Szybkowski

There's not a lot of separation between Mackenzie and Szybkowski, with the two pretty interchangeable for me. I feel like Szybkowski has a bit more speed from stoppage and can be more damaging with his kicking, however I'm relying primarily on tape so defer to others on that one. I think Busslinger and Hayes are 100+ game key defenders at AFL level and would gladly take them in the first round. Hotton is the big riser for me. I value his stoppage-craft and ability to impact the scoreboard when going forward. I have Michalanney really high and Jacob Weddle really low. You could mount a genuine case that they're the wrong way around and I wouldn't argue against it. I just really believe in Michalanney's ability to impact the game defensively, against a variety of opposition, and I think the offensive tools are there to be damaging the other way. Stylistically, I'm thinking Dylan Grimes. I just need Max to grab himself a couple of extra cm's height-wise.

11. Cam Mackenzie
12. Jedd Busslinger
13. Lewis Hayes
14. Harry Barnett
15. Olli Hotton
16. Harry Lemmey
17. Alwyn DaveyJr
18. Oliver Hollands
19. Max Michalanney
20. Jaspa Fletcher

Gruzewski and O'Sullivan the big risers here. I've liked O'Sullivan for a while, but had to go back to some vision to remember why I was so high on him. I also got a couple of Gruzewski's early NAB League games too and was really impressed with what I saw from him down back. I think that's the position I see him having the greatest success in at AFL level. After pulling together the Dowling profile, I felt like I'd really underrated his versatility and how well his game translates to AFL footy. I like him on the wing at the next level.

21. Max Gruzewski
22. Jonti Schuback
23. Matthew Jefferson
24. Isaac Keeler
25. Charlie Clarke
26. Jack O'Sullivan
27. Jacob Konstanty
28. Billy Dowling
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Lachie Cowan

I continue to be the biggest Archie Lovelock fan. He's one that I think could just find a way at the next level. I love Burgiel's versatility, but wonder what the game looks like for him at the next level. D'Aloia would've been an incredible prospect in an earlier era, but wonder how the running and athletic limitations impact him at the next level. I like what Will Verrall has to offer as a ruck prospect and am intrigued by Phoenix Foster's size and skill-set.

31. Harry Cole
32. Brayden George
33. Reuben Ginbey
34. Jacob Weddle
35. Coby Burgiel
36. Archie Lovelock
37. Sam Gilbey
38. Adam D'Aloia
39. Will Verrall
40. Phoenix Foster
Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the different perspective.
Weddle has a lot of fans on the dogs board, what are your concerns with his game?
You also have Ginbey lower than most and Lemmey higher so would love to know the reasoning.

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks for sharing, I appreciate the different perspective.
Weddle has a lot of fans on the dogs board, what are your concerns with his game?
You also have Ginbey lower than most and Lemmey higher so would love to know the reasoning.
With Weddle, I'm always a little nervous about the tweener/third tall types. My perception of Weddle at the moment is that he's more athlete than footballer at this stage, and I think those athletic traits become less special/impactful at AFL level vs NAB League level. He's got a little way to go with his decision-making and skill execution, but I do believe that will come. I just don't project him to be an elite stopper, interceptor or rebounder and so I tend to prefer others. That being said, the gap between 17 and 38 on my rankings is pretty minimal, so it's not that I don't rate him as a prospect.

Ginbey is actually probably similar to Weddle in the sense that I like the athletic attributes, but still think the football has a fair way to come. I think to match the value for the range he's projected he needs to be a midfielder and I'm still unconvinced by his midfield capabilities at AFL level.

I just believe in Lemmey's talent and can't unsee what he did in his bottom-age year. In other drafts he probably has a bigger fall down my rankings after his 2022 form, but I still prefer his talent to other prospects in this years pool.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Mattaes Phillipou
5. Elijah Tsatas
6. Elijah Hewett
7. Jhye Clark
8. Bailey Humphrey
9. Aaron Cadman
10. Mitch Szybkowski

11. Cam Mackenzie
12. Jedd Busslinger
13. Lewis Hayes
14. Harry Barnett
15. Olli Hotton
16. Harry Lemmey
17. Alwyn DaveyJr
18. Oliver Hollands
19. Max Michalanney
20. Jaspa Fletcher

21. Max Gruzewski
22. Jonti Schuback
23. Matthew Jefferson
24. Isaac Keeler
25. Charlie Clarke
26. Jack O'Sullivan
27. Jacob Konstanty
28. Billy Dowling
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Lachie Cowan

31. Harry Cole
32. Brayden George
33. Reuben Ginbey
34. Josh Weddle
35. Coby Burgiel
36. Archie Lovelock
37. Sam Gilbey
38. Adam D'Aloia
39. Will Verrall
40. Phoenix Foster

Interesting rankings. Seems like a win for north to take the two best players in the draft at 3 and 4.

marleyblue

All Australian
Jan 7, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Carlton

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Mattaes Phillipou
5. Elijah Tsatas
6. Elijah Hewett
7. Jhye Clark
8. Bailey Humphrey
9. Aaron Cadman
10. Mitch Szybkowski

11. Cam Mackenzie
12. Jedd Busslinger
13. Lewis Hayes
14. Harry Barnett
15. Olli Hotton
16. Harry Lemmey
17. Alwyn DaveyJr
18. Oliver Hollands
19. Max Michalanney
20. Jaspa Fletcher

21. Max Gruzewski
22. Jonti Schuback
23. Matthew Jefferson
24. Isaac Keeler
25. Charlie Clarke
26. Jack O'Sullivan
27. Jacob Konstanty
28. Billy Dowling
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Lachie Cowan

31. Harry Cole
32. Brayden George
33. Reuben Ginbey
34. Josh Weddle
35. Coby Burgiel
36. Archie Lovelock
37. Sam Gilbey
38. Adam D'Aloia
39. Will Verrall
40. Phoenix Foster
Great effort and nice to see a non-consensus view! You mentioned Phillipou's speed and combine results - are you able to expand?

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Mattaes Phillipou
5. Elijah Tsatas
6. Elijah Hewett
7. Jhye Clark
8. Bailey Humphrey
9. Aaron Cadman
10. Mitch Szybkowski

11. Cam Mackenzie
12. Jedd Busslinger
13. Lewis Hayes
14. Harry Barnett
15. Olli Hotton
16. Harry Lemmey
17. Alwyn DaveyJr
18. Oliver Hollands
19. Max Michalanney
20. Jaspa Fletcher

21. Max Gruzewski
22. Jonti Schuback
23. Matthew Jefferson
24. Isaac Keeler
25. Charlie Clarke
26. Jack O'Sullivan
27. Jacob Konstanty
28. Billy Dowling
29. Jakob Ryan
30. Lachie Cowan

31. Harry Cole
32. Brayden George
33. Reuben Ginbey
34. Josh Weddle
35. Coby Burgiel
36. Archie Lovelock
37. Sam Gilbey
38. Adam D'Aloia
39. Will Verrall
40. Phoenix Foster
Would love freo to take a punt on foster

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting rankings. Seems like a win for north to take the two best players in the draft at 3 and 4.
A good result when you view the draft in isolation. An overall net loss when you consider the loss of JHF IMO.

Great effort and nice to see a non-consensus view! You mentioned Phillipou's speed and combine results - are you able to expand?
He ran a sub 3 second 20m sprint which I was pleased with. Admittedly it was like a 2.99, so barely, but a good result nonetheless. To me that gives a little confirmation that he'll have enough straight-line speed to separate from stoppage. His agility was middle of the road, but that's less of a concern because I think his stoppage exits are going to be driven by straight line speed and power anyway. I'm not 100% sure of his yo-yo testing, but his 2km was pretty strong, so it seems like there's a reasonable running base to build on. Basically I'm just looking to see if the testing matches up with how I see his game translating to the next level and the speed/running results did that for me.

Would love freo to take a punt on foster
Is that based on fit or talent? I just wonder if he'll get a real opportunity at Freo with Jackson, Amiss, Taberner and Treacy. I'd expect him to be available in Freo's range though, so could be an option!

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A good result when you view the draft in isolation. An overall net loss when you consider the loss of JHF IMO.

He ran a sub 3 second 20m sprint which I was pleased with. Admittedly it was like a 2.99, so barely, but a good result nonetheless. To me that gives a little confirmation that he'll have enough straight-line speed to separate from stoppage. His agility was middle of the road, but that's less of a concern because I think his stoppage exits are going to be driven by straight line speed and power anyway. I'm not 100% sure of his yo-yo testing, but his 2km was pretty strong, so it seems like there's a reasonable running base to build on. Basically I'm just looking to see if the testing matches up with how I see his game translating to the next level and the speed/running results did that for me.

Is that based on fit or talent? I just wonder if he'll get a real opportunity at Freo with Jackson, Amiss, Taberner and Treacy. I'd expect him to be available in Freo's range though, so could be an option!

Yes agree re JHF. But he was never ours to begin with it seems

Swiggy

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Think freo need another forward tall, can also ruck, just think he has a lot of upside. Him or harry lemmey plus Draper & I’d be stoked with freo draft

October Phantom Draft
Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Round 1
1. GWS – Aaron Cadman
2. Brisbane – Will Ashcroft *Bid matched
3. North Melbourne – Harry Sheezel
4. North Melbourne – George Wardlaw
5. Essendon – Elijah Tsatas
6. Gold Coast – Bailey Humphrey
7. Hawthorn – Mattaes Phillipou
8. Geelong – Jhye Clark
9. West Coast – Reuben Ginbey
10. St Kilda – Cam Mackenzie
11. Carlton – Oliver Hollands
12. Western Bulldogs – Jedd Busslinger
13. West Coast – Elijah Hewett
14. Melbourne – Matthew Jefferson
15. Sydney – Edward Allan
16. GWS – Jacob Konstanty
17. Collingwood – Lewis Hayes
18. Sydney – Olli Hotton
19. GWS – Max Gruzewski

Hawthorn was the first really troubling pick for me as I felt they could go any of Clark, Mackenzie or Phillipou. I ultimately went Phillipou because I like that mix for them. I debated between Allan and Hustwaite for Sydney's first pick and then couldn't find a landing spot for Hustwaite that I liked.

Round 2
20. GWS – Lachlan Cowan
21. Brisbane – Jaspa Fletcher *Bid matched
22. West Coast – Harry Barnett
23. Adelaide – Max Michalanney *Bid matched
24. Western Bulldogs – Jakob Ryan
25. Essendon – Alwyn DaveyJr *Bid matched
26. North Melbourne – Josh Weddle
27. Hawthorn – Mitch Szybkowski
28. Collingwood – Isaac Keeler
29. West Coast – Sam Gilbey
30. Collingwood – Henry Hustwaite
31. St Kilda – Bailey Macdonald
32. Carlton – Nick Sadler
33. Fremantle – Billy Dowling
34. GWS – Toby McMullin
35. St Kilda – Brayden George
36. Port Adelaide – Charlie Clarke
37. Melbourne – Jack O'Sullivan

I strongly considered Bailey Macdonald at pick 20 for GWS but then couldn't find a landing spot for Cowan that I liked and didn't want to have him sliding too far. The Michalanney bid comes earlier than I anticipated. I'm making the assumption the Crows have some mail that there was interest prior to their second round pick which would be motivation for the trade with North. I couldn't decide between Jack O'Sullivan and Noah Long for Melbourne at 37, but settled on JOS. I'm struggling to find a suitor for Davey Jr in the first round and wonder if he could slide to the second round with clubs knowing the Bombers will match. No room for Coby Burgiel inside the first two rounds doesn't feel right. I strongly considered him at 34 for GWS.

*Edited to fix bulleting issue.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I noticed you had Lemmey as a potential no 1 pick back in March as did I.
Why do you think he has had such a bad yr covid and injury?
I'm hoping port pick him up cheers 👍.

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's your rationale behind Dowling for Freo? Thanks
My thinking was with Acres and Tucker moving on and missing out on Jeremy Sharp (at least for this year), there was some scope to add a player who could fill a wing role. I think Dowling has all the talent and attributes to deliver what Acres has at the level.

I noticed you had Lemmey as a potential no 1 pick back in March as did I.
Why do you think he has had such a bad yr covid and injury?
I'm hoping port pick him up cheers 👍.
It's a really complicated one and without inside information it's hard to be certain. My perception is that he got off on the wrong foot early in the year with injury and COVID. I think that impacted his early season form. Poor form + the weight of expectations then seemed to weigh heavily and hurt his confidence. I think there were some frustrations from both player and coaches in the State setup and I don't think that helped things at all either.

I'd equally love him at the Crows too. He's looking like a second half of the draft selection (and beyond) at this point, and I think that represents great value.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
My thinking was with Acres and Tucker moving on and missing out on Jeremy Sharp (at least for this year), there was some scope to add a player who could fill a wing role. I think Dowling has all the talent and attributes to deliver what Acres has at the level.

It's a really complicated one and without inside information it's hard to be certain. My perception is that he got off on the wrong foot early in the year with injury and COVID. I think that impacted his early season form. Poor form + the weight of expectations then seemed to weigh heavily and hurt his confidence. I think there were some frustrations from both player and coaches in the State setup and I don't think that helped things at all either.

I'd equally love him at the Crows too. He's looking like a second half of the draft selection (and beyond) at this point, and I think that represents great value.
I think the SA draft bolter might be Jaiden Magor given recruiters again got a glimpse of what he's capable of late in the season after some some early season dominant performances. Your thoughts?

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the SA draft bolter might be Jaiden Magor given recruiters again got a glimpse of what he's capable of late in the season after some some early season dominant performances. Your thoughts?
I think you might be right in terms of him being a bolter. Big chance he goes earlier than we expect. I've been a Magor admirer for a few years, but I've just got some concerns about what his athleticism and role looks like at the next level. I'm not entirely sold on whether he'll be a midfielder and he's a bit of a tweener as a forward, given he's probably more of a marking type that doesn't really offer a lot of defensive pressure. I'm a little bit concerned that his speed and agility might not allow him to do the things he needs to at the next level to earn his spot (ie apply forward 50 pressure, separate on the lead/from stoppage etc).

Those last two SANFL U18 games were pretty special though and he had a huge game during the middle of the season that was big too. In short, I love his talent, bit worried about his athletic profile and role at the next level.

Final 2022 Rankings
Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
These are my final rankings for the 2022 crop. I've separated them into tiers and offered a general comment of how I view each group. The tier descriptions are not a perfect formula, but I'm hoping it offers a bit of an explanation as to why some players sit higher/lower than others.

Tier 1
I'm selecting any of these guys if possible, regardless of list needs/fit. I obviously rate their talent but also see significant upside. I think there's scope for each of these players to be a number 1 or number 2 midfielder in a strong AFL side.

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Elijah Hewett
5. Mattaes Phillipou

Tier 2
There's a little bit more fluidity for me within each tier after that top group. I'd be prepared to overlook Cadman or any of the midfielders for a KPD if it made most sense from a list need perspective. I view the ceiling of this group a shade below that of Tier 1 and probably see more things that could prevent them from reaching their ceiling than any of the prospects in that top group.

6. Aaron Cadman
7. Elijah Tsatas
8. Jhye Clark
9. Bailey Humphrey
10. Cam Mackenzie
11. Jedd Busslinger
12. Lewis Hayes
13. Harry Barnett

Tier 3A
I could have these prospects in any order and be equally satisfied. I think their floor is a fringe best 22 level prospect, but a ceiling of top 10 on an AFL list.

14. Mitch Szybkowski
15. Olli Hotton
16. Oliver Hollands

Tier 3B
Lemmey gets his own category because his ceiling fits into 3A, but I think his floor is lower than 3C. However, in isolation, I'd be prepared to take Lemmey over any of the guys in 3C.

17. Harry Lemmey

Tier 3C
I think the floor for these guys is fringe best 22, with a ceiling of 10-22 on a list. Essentially, I see a small gap between the best and worst case scenario for their careers, but have a fairly high level of confidence that they'll have a career at AFL level.

18. Coby Burgiel
19. Alwyn DaveyJr
20. Jaspa Fletcher
21. Charlie Clarke
22. Max Michalanney

Tier 4
One of my bigger groups, Tier 4 represents players who have the largest gap between ceiling and floor. My view is that the players in this group could legitimately represent top 10 on a list value or could be in and out of the system relatively quickly. I think it's highly likely that some of the guys in this group hit in a big way. Fit/role/opportunity will be critical for their development and ultimate success at the level.

23. Max Gruzewski
24. Jacob Konstanty
25. Jonti Schuback
26. Matthew Jefferson
27. Reuben Ginbey
28. Lachie Cowan
29. Billy Dowling
30. Isaac Keeler
31. Josh Weddle
32. Harry Cole
33. Jakob Ryan
34. Henry Hustwaite
35. Sam Gilbey
36. Brayden George
37. Darcy Jones

Tier 5
This group consists of players that I view as lower end role players whose success I feel will be very dependent on opportunity at AFL level.

38. Jack O'Sullivan
39. Archie Lovelock
40. Adam D'Aloia
41. Phoenix Foster
42. Will Verrall
43. Nick Sadler
44. Harry Rowston
45. Seth Campbell
46. Hugh Bond
47. James Van Es
48. Harvey Gallagher
49. Blake Drury
50. Jed Hagan

Last edited:

Shack18

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
These are my final rankings for the 2022 crop. I've separated them into tiers and offered a general comment of how I view each group. The tier descriptions are not a perfect formula, but I'm hoping it offers a bit of an explanation as to why some players sit higher/lower than others.

Tier 1
I'm selecting any of these guys if possible, regardless of list needs/fit. I obviously rate their talent but also see significant upside. I think there's scope for each of these players to be a number 1 or number 2 midfielder in a strong AFL side.

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Elijah Hewett
5. Mattaes Phillipou

Tier 2
There's a little bit more fluidity for me within each tier after that top group. I'd be prepared to overlook Cadman or any of the midfielders for a KPD if it made most sense from a list need perspective. I view the ceiling of this group a shade below that of Tier 1 and probably see more things that could prevent them from reaching their ceiling than any of the prospects in that top group.

6. Aaron Cadman
7. Elijah Tsatas
8. Jhye Clark
9. Bailey Humphrey
10. Cam Mackenzie
11. Jedd Busslinger
12. Lewis Hayes
13. Harry Barnett

Tier 3A
I could have these prospects in any order and be equally satisfied. I think their floor is a fringe best 22 level prospect, but a ceiling of top 10 on an AFL list.

14. Mitch Szybkowski
15. Olli Hotton
16. Oliver Hollands

Tier 3B
Lemmey gets his own category because his ceiling fits into 3A, but I think his floor is lower than 3C. However, in isolation, I'd be prepared to take Lemmey over any of the guys in 3C.

17. Harry Lemmey

Tier 3C
I think the floor for these guys is fringe best 22, with a ceiling of 10-22 on a list. Essentially, I see a small gap between the best and worst case scenario for their careers, but have a fairly high level of confidence that they'll have a career at AFL level.

18. Alwyn DaveyJr
19. Jaspa Fletcher
20. Charlie Clarke
21. Max Michalanney

Tier 4
One of my bigger groups, Tier 4 represents players who have the largest gap between ceiling and floor. My view is that the players in this group could legitimately represent top 10 on a list value or could be in and out of the system relatively quickly. I think it's highly likely that some of the guys in this group hit in a big way. Fit/role/opportunity will be critical for their development and ultimate success at the level.

22. Max Gruzewski
23. Jacob Konstanty
24. Jonti Schuback
25. Matthew Jefferson
26. Reuben Ginbey
27. Lachie Cowan
28. Billy Dowling
29. Isaac Keeler
30. Josh Weddle
31. Harry Cole
32. Coby Burgiel
33. Jakob Ryan
34. Henry Hustwaite
35. Sam Gilbey
36. Brayden George
37. Darcy Jones

Tier 5
This group consists of players that I view as lower end role players whose success I feel will be very dependent on opportunity at AFL level.

38. Jack O'Sullivan
39. Archie Lovelock
40. Adam D'Aloia
41. Phoenix Foster
42. Will Verrall
43. Nick Sadler
44. Harry Rowston
45. Seth Campbell
46. Hugh Bond
47. James Van Es
48. Harvey Gallagher
49. Blake Drury
50. Jed Hagan
Great read, thank you.
Thoughts on Cooper Harvey?
cheers

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great read, thank you.
Thoughts on Cooper Harvey?
cheers
I legitimately have Harvey 51 and if I was to extend the rankings to 60, he'd still be in that Tier 5 group. I think the tier group is a pretty accurate reflection of how I view him. I do think he's got a chance to be a role player at AFL level. I don't think he has any real stand-out traits that you can look to as evidence that he's definitely going to make it, but I think he's deserving of an opportunity on an AFL list.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I legitimately have Harvey 51 and if I was to extend the rankings to 60, he'd still be in that Tier 5 group. I think the tier group is a pretty accurate reflection of how I view him. I do think he's got a chance to be a role player at AFL level. I don't think he has any real stand-out traits that you can look to as evidence that he's definitely going to make it, but I think he's deserving of an opportunity on an AFL list.
If he's anything like his dad it'll be competitiveness and professionalism that will be Cooper's stand out traits. Seems like a pretty vanilla footballer with OK athleticism but attitude can take you a long way if you're a "there abouts" sort of footballer.

Sep 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he's anything like his dad it'll be competitiveness and professionalism that will be Cooper's stand out traits. Seems like a pretty vanilla footballer with OK athleticism but attitude can take you a long way if you're a "there abouts" sort of footballer.
I think the competitiveness and professionalism probably gets him to that fringe role player level. I'm sure there's exceptions, but in general I do believe you need to be above average to elite at something to go above that.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Tier 1

1. Harry Sheezel
2. George Wardlaw
3. Will Ashcroft
4. Elijah Hewett
5. Mattaes Phillipou

Tier 2

6. Aaron Cadman
7. Elijah Tsatas
8. Jhye Clark
9. Bailey Humphrey
10. Cam Mackenzie
11. Jedd Busslinger
12. Lewis Hayes
13. Harry Barnett

Tier 3A

14. Mitch Szybkowski
15. Olli Hotton
16. Oliver Hollands

Tier 3B

17. Harry Lemmey

Tier 3C

18. Alwyn DaveyJr
19. Jaspa Fletcher
20. Charlie Clarke
21. Max Michalanney

Tier 4

22. Max Gruzewski
23. Jacob Konstanty
24. Jonti Schuback
25. Matthew Jefferson
26. Reuben Ginbey
27. Lachie Cowan
28. Billy Dowling
29. Isaac Keeler
30. Josh Weddle
31. Harry Cole
32. Coby Burgiel
33. Jakob Ryan
34. Henry Hustwaite
35. Sam Gilbey
36. Brayden George
37. Darcy Jones

Tier 5

38. Jack O'Sullivan
39. Archie Lovelock
40. Adam D'Aloia
41. Phoenix Foster
42. Will Verrall
43. Nick Sadler
44. Harry Rowston
45. Seth Campbell
46. Hugh Bond
47. James Van Es
48. Harvey Gallagher
49. Blake Drury