Mods - Life membership

Remove this Banner Ad

ozgeek

Debutant
Jun 21, 2001
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I have written to the AFC board urging them to honour Tony Modra with life membership because I reckon he earned it. If Malcolm Blight hadn't ensured that he HAD to go, Tony would have fulfilled the club requirements for the honour.

If you think Mods deserves life membership please write to the board too - via email or snailmail.

Thanks - Janet Mackley

Originally posted by ozgeek
I have written to the AFC board urging them to honour Tony Modra with life membership because I reckon he earned it. If Malcolm Blight hadn't ensured that he HAD to go, Tony would have fulfilled the club requirements for the honour.

If you think Mods deserves life membership please write to the board too - via email or snailmail.

Thanks - Janet Mackley

If you bend the rules to let one player in then youll have to make sure that Jarman gets life membership as well afterwards - and why not Rehn...what about Mickan - he was influential in the early years

Janet, I've just had a phone call from Bill Sanders in response to my letter to the Board requesting Life Membership for Tony. It was good of Bill to ring so promptly (he opens mail for the Board).

I was surprised to hear that mine was the only letter he's seen so far. Did you email your letter, or send it via Aust Post?

Anyway, from what he said, I would be very surprised if the Board gives Tony LM. The Board awards LM's at the end of each year, so my letter will be considered then, but I don't hold out much hope.

Originally posted by Crow54
Janet, I've just had a phone call from Bill Sanders in response to my letter to the Board requesting Life Membership for Tony. It was good of Bill to ring so promptly (he opens mail for the Board).

I was surprised to hear that mine was the only letter he's seen so far. Did you email your letter, or send it via Aust Post?

Anyway, from what he said, I would be very surprised if the Board gives Tony LM. The Board awards LM's at the end of each year, so my letter will be considered then, but I don't hold out much hope.

I shall write in also.

Originally posted by Crow54

Thanks for the info. Mine went via email and was acknowledged by Pauline Biglands. But I share your skepticism regarding any action and just hope, if enough of us write in, they might do something nice for Tony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back