General Bombers Talk Mods - this board is impossible to read

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been turned around on this one, maybe because now the season's started, the threads have been a little more spaced out.

Personally, i think that the default link (clicking on the title) should go to "view first unread", but understand that would be difficult to implement. For those long running threads though, that would make things a whole lot easier.

I've been turned around on this one, maybe because now the season's started, the threads have been a little more spaced out.

Personally, i think that the default link (clicking on the title) should go to "view first unread", but understand that would be difficult to implement. For those long running threads though, that would make things a whole lot easier.

Click the little arrow to the lift of the title. Alternatively click 'Go to first unread' once you're in the thread..

I know the functionality exists, and use it, I'm just saying that it should be streamlined.

I did get a bit of a surprise when I first came back from my 'summer hiatus'- I missed the consultation phase, so to speak, so it took a little adjusting.

None the less, really think it works well.

Good work Mods!

I have to say I agree. I enjoy reading all the team boards but this is quite possibly the worst. IMO you really need to find a way to separate the individual player threads from the main board, its just way too congested. (not trying to troll just want to see it improved)

IMO you really need to find a way to separate the individual player threads from the main board, its just way too congested. (not trying to troll just want to see it improved)

So, the problem with the idea is the fundamental idea.

The system is tailored towards users rather than readers. I can understand how it might be frustrating, but as a poster the improvement of the new system is immense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed, i can barley come on any more.
I agree wheat your comment

-----

In all seriousness, those Crameri, Stanton, Hurley, etc. threads should be in the player watch board. That's what it is there for.

Posting should be as follows
1. Someone creates new thread about Hurley on the Essendon main board
2. After 1-2 weeks, depending on popularity, merge with relevant player watch thread
3. rinse and repeat

So, the problem with the idea is the fundamental idea.

The system is tailored towards users rather than readers. I can understand how it might be frustrating, but as a poster the improvement of the new system is immense.

As a user I agree with Juzzo. Our main board is too clogged up and disjointed with the player threads.

Out of the 25 threads (excluding sticky's) currently on the main board, 13 of these are player threads. The first thing you see is 13 prefixes with the word players, than somewhere in between all of that are the preview, 2nds etc threads. It can be annoying and a total of waste of time searching for a thread that was there, but the following day has been washed out by the players threads.

* I just found T-Bell's profile on page 6 (main board), along with Fletch and Colyer.

I understand the change, but in my opinion the original set up of the main board and player watch forums worked a treat in the past. :thumbsu:

Out of the 25 threads (excluding sticky's) currently on the main board, 13 of these are player threads. The first thing you see is 13 prefixes with the word players, than somewhere in between all of that are the preview, 2nds etc threads. It can be annoying and a total of waste of time searching for a thread that was there, but the following day has been washed out by the players threads.

* I just found T-Bell's profile on page 6 (main board), along with Fletch and Colyer.

Or you could just click the Player Watch filter at the top and find him on Page 2. :thumbsu:

Just a heads up that there will be a small change in the next few weeks that should let us totally customise the filters. So we should be able to have ‘All’, ‘Player Watch’ and ‘No Player Watch’. With ‘No Player Watch’ displaying all other threads with or without prefixes.

This should keep everyone well and truly happy.

Just a heads up that there will be a small change in the next few weeks that should let us totally customise the filters. So we should be able to have ‘All’, ‘Player Watch’ and ‘No Player Watch’. With ‘No Player Watch’ displaying all other threads with or without prefixes.

This should keep everyone well and truly happy.

Love your work weevil. That will be brilliant.:thumbsu:

Also, for those playing at home, you'd have noticed that plenty of "spin off" player threads are being created, still.

Things like Jetta's MRP case, "What if Gumby came good?" and "I'd have traded Jobe", for example.

If it truly warrants a new thread (as opposed to just the continuation of general player discussion, like "Carlisle article in The Age" or "Stanton working his butt off"), go for it.

We've got no issue with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back