Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Player #43 - Curtly Hampton

LnRJlg.jpg

Pictured: Curtly's pre-game ritual of prune curry may not have prolonged his career

Curtly Hampton is an incredibly naturally-talented player who started his career at GWS (one of their 457 first round picks/underage signings) and ended up at the Crows because presumably SoS couldn't get a deal done.

Now I do know he wasn't exactly the hardest trainer at GWS, and it wasn't even a love of pig-shooting that distracted him. He also wasn't a fan of forward plays and dummy leads (straight from the mouth of an ex-teammate): Anything more complex than "see ball, get ball" proved to be a little beyond him.
He does have a place in history as the first GWS player to kick a goal in an AFL match, unfortunately his forays forward were short-lived and after a few years he was sent back as a running defender as he'd actually have to run and chase an opponent.

After a couple of middling seasons (despite his immense talent) he moves to Adelaide at the end of 2015 in a move that strangely wasn't branded as 'disloyalty' by Tex. I'd like to say he stayed three seasons but..... holy crap he retired mid season this year. He said "I’ve lost the passion, motivation and enjoyment for the game that you need perform at the highest level" which sounds like what Adelaide fans would say when forced to watch him.

This year he played 3 games this year for 25 touches in total, of which 6 were clangers. The only notable thing he gave us this year was this image from round 1:
Vdqy4O.jpg

Pictured: "We're the pride of South Austra...leeya"

Fun fact: Somehow Adelaide lost to the Bombers, despite being the reigning Grand final losers and Essendon begin s**t enough to lose to Carlton.
Fun fact 2: Hampton was said to be offended during Adelaide's "not quite successful" pre-season camp when an indigenous artifact was used in an inappropriate manner. No word is yet available on whether Tex booked a spare seat next to him on the bus ride home from the camp.

001.png

Pictured: The sign had a certain 'rustic charm'

Curtly (very masculine name by the way), enjoy your retirement and life after football. Welcome to this years' Bottom 50.

Curtly Hampton's no Curtly Ambrose, if you asked Hampton to remove his wrist band there'd be no repercussions at all...

That other guy 'sharing the mark' with Ambrose deserves his own write-up on the strength of that effort.

Last edited:

LnRJlg.jpg

Pictured: Curtly's pre-game ritual of prune curry may not have prolonged his career

Curtly Hampton is an incredibly naturally-talented player who started his career at GWS (one of their 457 first round picks/underage signings) and ended up at the Crows because presumably SoS couldn't get a deal done.

Now I do know he wasn't exactly the hardest trainer at GWS, and it wasn't even a love of pig-shooting that distracted him. He also wasn't a fan of forward plays and dummy leads (straight from the mouth of an ex-teammate): Anything more complex than "see ball, get ball" proved to be a little beyond him.
He does have a place in history as the first GWS player to kick a goal in an AFL match, unfortunately his forays forward were short-lived and after a few years he was sent back as a running defender as he'd actually have to run and chase an opponent.

After a couple of middling seasons (despite his immense talent) he moves to Adelaide at the end of 2015 in a move that strangely wasn't branded as 'disloyalty' by Tex. I'd like to say he stayed three seasons but..... holy crap he retired mid season this year. He said "I’ve lost the passion, motivation and enjoyment for the game that you need perform at the highest level" which sounds like what Adelaide fans would say when forced to watch him.

This year he played 3 games this year for 25 touches in total, of which 6 were clangers. The only notable thing he gave us this year was this image from round 1:
Vdqy4O.jpg

Fun fact: Somehow Adelaide lost to the Bombers, despite being the reigning Grand final losers and Essendon begin s**t enough to lose to Carlton.
Fun fact 2: Hampton was said to be offended during Adelaide's "not quite successful" pre-season camp when an indigenous artifact was used in an inappropriate manner. No word is yet available on whether Tex booked a spare seat next to him on the bus ride home from the camp.

001.png

Curtly (very masculine name by the way), enjoy your retirement and life after football. Welcome to this years' Bottom 50.
I'm a little surprised that there was no mention of his last game of AFL before he chose to retire. It was Round 16, Adelaide 47 point loss to Richmond. Anyway, we really need to share his stats for the afternoon:

Handballs: 2
Disposals : 2
Tackles: 4
Clearances: 1
Clangers: 3

Fantasy Points: 17
Super Coach: 9

Could easily have made the Top 10.

All the best for the future Curtly.

He kicked the first GWS score but it was a behind. Callan Ward kicked their first goal :(

I'm a little surprised that there was no mention of his last game of AFL before he chose to retire. It was Round 16, Adelaide 47 point loss to Richmond. Anyway, we really need to share his stats for the afternoon:

Handballs: 2
Disposals : 2
Tackles: 4
Clearances: 1
Clangers: 3

Fantasy Points: 17
Super Coach: 9

Could easily have made the Top 10.

All the best for the future Curtly.
3 clangers from 2 disposals is a fair effort!

I'm a little surprised that there was no mention of his last game of AFL before he chose to retire. It was Round 16, Adelaide 47 point loss to Richmond.
You actually saw the moment when his career was over. He and Grimes were chasing a ball, Grimes put a bit of body on him and Hampton just gave up.

Curtly Hampton's no Curtly Ambrose, if you asked Hampton to remove his wrist band there'd be no repercussions at all...

That other guy 'sharing the mark' with Ambrose deserves his own write-up on the strength of that effort.

That other guy had a career best year.JJ’s form was a very rare highlight of 2018 for us.

You actually saw the moment when his career was over. He and Grimes were chasing a ball, Grimes put a bit of body on him and Hampton just gave up.

This

Watching it live gave me the same feeling one gets moments after a fap - shame and disgust

Catholic upbringing? I cannot help but think your doing it wrong if thats how you feel

Yeah i guess lol , although not in the strictest sense , my old dear never beat me or anything.
Catholic educated not that that pertains in my situation.

It's moreso chemical.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LnRJlg.jpg

Vdqy4O.jpg

001.png

F**king LOL

Watching it live gave me the same feeling one gets moments after a fap - shame and disgust
That's what happens when your fetishes get too weird. So I'm told.

LnRJlg.jpg

Curtly Hampton is an incredibly.

.... b bu but...never heard of him!?????

Got the physichyo! But did you photoshop that little teeny head on him?

Swans offer 2dozen, 3 day old primo glazed donuts, and a years serply oF West end bitter?

We will have him!

Great work Mofra, shhhhhessssssssh the top 10 wil be database blowing!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back