Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2018

Laphroaig

I Hate You
AFL Club
Carlton
You probably don't remember, but I'll never forget, and FWIW Roughead was more useless this year than Schoey was a few years ago.
That's a massive statement.

But it is not surprising that one who chooses the most over rated player in the history of football for an avatar might allow his inner gushing fanboi loose on an outright potato as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mofra

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
Thread starter Moderator #902
Player #14 - Cameron McCarthy

Pictured: Cam McCarthy (centre) enjoying the Fremantle sun with Hayden Ballantyne and Lachie Neale

Cameron "Cam" McCarthy is a Fremantle forward which sounds like a myth but they do actually exist. He is a former GWS first round pick so remains on Carlton's radar.

He's most famous for being so desperate to get to Freo he sat out a year of AFL football in 2016 rather than play for the Giants who lost the prelim that year by a narrow margin. 2016 was, is, and remains the greatest season of AFL so Cam clearly missed out. He was later traded to Freo in a trade that involved pick 3 and a nice big contract.

For season 2018 Cam kicked 19 goals in 17 games which sounds passable as a stay at home forward however..... his 19 goals in 17 games include his only two hauls of 3 goals which were against Carlton who had 2 of their 5 AFL standard players injured for most of the season and the Gold Coast Suns who are more weekend hobbyists than a competitive outfit. That makes it 12 goals in 15 games against AFL quality opponents. I would describe Cam as a downhill skiier but that would be disrespectful to the global skiing community, manufacturers of snow gear and MCC members.

His output is also much lower than his 25 goals from 19 games in 2017 indicating a year out of the game wasn't really the issue. Scarily, 19 goals was still enough for Cam to finish equal third on Freo's 2018 goal kicking ladder behind Pav's shadow and a discarded drink bottle left on Perth stadium (otherwise known as Optus stadium). A repeat of such efforts are considered unlikely given the discarded drink bottle was seen in the company of Harley Bennell during the off season.

This is all against the backdrop of Cam being the most high profile KPF on the Fremantle list until Jesse Hogan was signed during the trade period. Hogan has maintained quality output against the backdrop of family tragedy, cancer and homesickness and appears to overcome every challenge thrown at him. I have no idea what Cam and Jesse will talk about, probably Muzz Buzz or something.

Fun fact: When Cam first arrived at GWS Shane "Line of Sausages" Mumford nicknamed him 'Sunshine' due to his happy disposition in what did not prove to be Mummy's last 'error of judgement'.

Anyway Cam good luck for 2019 and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.

TedDougChris

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
That's a massive statement.

But it is not surprising that one who chooses the most over rated player in the history of football for an avatar might allow his inner gushing fanboi loose on an outright potato as well.
I think its also the first ‘I lost an internet argument a few years ago and I’m not at all bitter about it but I’m going to use this new information to try and justify my previously massively unsuccessful viewpoint’ for this years thread...

Probably not the last though..... ;)

Love Roughy, but god he was shit this year.....

____

Hodge 4, Voss 3, Buckley 0
Somewhere south of Brisbane and north of Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Everton Broncos Bullets Bulls Roar
He's most famous for being so desperate to get to Freo he sat out a year of AFL football in 2016 rather than play for the Giants who lost the prelim that year by a narrow margin. 2016 was, is, and remains the greatest season of AFL so Cam clearly missed out. He was later traded to Freo in a trade that involved pick 3 and a nice big contract.
Funniest thing is that (along with Essendon being in denial about their drug cheating) ended up being a catalyst for one of the best trades we've done. GWS wanted to go even higher in the draft so they were willing to give us pick 16 and pick 3 in exchange for our pick 2 (would have been pick 1 if not for Essendon's drug cheating). With pick 3 we ended up drafting Hugh McCluggage (who we would have drafted if we had pick 1 anyway) and used the other pick for Jarrod Berry. So essentially because of Cam McCarthy we get Jarrod Berry for free.

Strange Cat

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Geelong
Funniest thing is that (along with Essendon being in denial about their drug cheating) ended up being a catalyst for one of the best trades we've done. GWS wanted to go even higher in the draft so they were willing to give us pick 16 and pick 3 in exchange for our pick 2 (would have been pick 1 if not for Essendon's drug cheating). With pick 3 we ended up drafting Hugh McCluggage (who we would have drafted if we had pick 1 anyway) and used the other pick for Jarrod Berry . So essentially because of Cam McCarthy we get Jarrod Berry for free.
Who and who?

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Fun fact: When Cam first arrived at GWS Shane "Line of Sausages" Mumford nicknamed him 'Sunshine' due to his happy disposition in what did not prove to be Mummy's last 'error of judgement'.
Mummy may have been on a downer at the time though

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tim Paine, Tim Cahill
the tundra is always a demoting personality... It travels with me.. huckleberry fin...

Present Not Past

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
Player #14 - Cameron McCarthy

Pictured: Cam McCarthy (centre) enjoying the Fremantle sun with Hayden Ballantyne and Lachie Neale

Cameron "Cam" McCarthy is a Fremantle forward which sounds like a myth but they do actually exist. He is a former GWS first round pick so remains on Carlton's radar.

For season 2018 Cam kicked 19 goals in 17 games which sounds passable as a stay at home forward however..... his 19 goals in 17 games include his only two hauls of 3 goals which were against Carlton who had 2 of their 5 AFL standard players injured for most of the season and the Gold Coast Suns who are more weekend hobbyists than a competitive outfit. That makes it 12 goals in 15 games against AFL quality opponents. I would describe Cam as a downhill skiier but that would be disrespectful to the global skiing community, manufacturers of snow gear and MCC members.

His output is also much lower than his 25 goals from 19 games in 2017 indicating a year out of the game wasn't really the issue. Scarily, 19 goals was still enough for Cam to finish equal third on Freo's 2018 goal kicking ladder behind Pav's shadow and a discarded drink bottle left on Perth stadium (otherwise known as Optus stadium). A repeat of such efforts are considered unlikely given the discarded drink bottle was seen in the company of Harley Bennell during the off season.

This is all against the backdrop of Cam being the most high profile KPF on the Fremantle list until Jesse Hogan was signed during the trade period. Hogan has maintained quality output against the backdrop of family tragedy, cancer and homesickness and appears to overcome every challenge thrown at him. I have no idea what Cam and Jesse will talk about, probably Muzz Buzz or something.

Anyway Cam good luck for 2019 and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.
That's very funny :mad:
How about you post photo's of actual AFL players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tim Paine, Tim Cahill
Tay has escaped the Microsoft holding facility!
guttersnipes and wangerford;;; chumps are always trying to get in to the facility but they are hanging upside down...

Haduken

Juggernaut
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cincinatti Bengals
You had me until you got to Membrey. After a quiet year he's just outside the top 20 goal kickers in the league. I bet i can give you 50 worse forwards from 2018.
Then you've picked players who played only a couple of games due to injury, not really given a chance to fully demonstrate their shitness.
I mean Josh Bruce kicked 3 goals in his season opener, and only had a chance to spud up the following two games before injuring himself, so i think that puts his place in the fifty in doubt.

Therefore you are clearly silly , so take Paddy McMatressguts for your fifty and go away.
aww he thinks you care Mofra ..
or are remotely any chance of changing your mind...:rolleyes::thumbsu:

Mofra

AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, The Exers
Thread starter Moderator #924
Player #13 - Gary Rohan

Pictured: "Get it? The G is for 'Gary'"

Gary Rohan is a former first round pick for Sydney who has been so mentally scarred by poor Grand Final performances that he moved clubs to a team that will ensure he never gets that opportunity again.

Gary runs really fast and has red hair so attracts a fair bit of attention on the field, it's just that its seems the poor guy just never managed to get the other parts of his game together. In his 11 games this year he managed over 10 disposals just once (against Geelong), and averages only 5.3 effective disposals per game which if you break down a 120 minute games means he generally waits over 22 and a half minutes between effective disposals on average.
There is a lot a human being can do in 22 and a half minutes, including visiting all of Geelong's tourist attractions. Twice.

He provides a little over half a goal per game which normally wouldn't make him that much of an attacking option although at Geelong that puts him equal 12th on their goal kicking ladder, a mere 20 behind Menzel. He also averages 1 and a half tackles more per game than Menzel and a whopping 7 metres gained more too (while being behind in every other meaningful statistical category).

Gary is also good friends with his Cobden teammate Ben Cunnington who is probably the opposite footballer to Gary in every way in that he's tough, inside, finds a lot of the ball and hardly has any hair at all. Cunnington also founded something called the Shinboner Cattle Company which I only mention as osso bucco is delicious and if you disagree you are hideously wrong.

Gary also faced some personal tragedy this year which meant I spent a good portion of it wishing nothing but blessings to Gaz and his family, so hopefully he is happy at Geelong next year and gets plenty of family support.

Gazza, Rozza, enjoy surfing in a suit next to your new teammates. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2018.

Top Bottom