Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2019 - Now featuring the bottom 5 Arnott's biscuits

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Bay,

Now that the season is over for the 11 s**t clubs (teams that finish 8th don't count) it is time to drag down a bunch of professional footballers, all of whom have reached greater athletic heights than we have, to our collective levels of sloth, debauchery and bad grammar.
If you are easily offended, I suggest you take a gander at the current world we live in and promptly STFU.

The rules
- My listings are final. If you disagree with me, you are wrong.
- Players with less than 20 games in total are excluded, although there is occasionally an allowance given for extraordinary spudness in the face of battle - especially for players who have spent extra time in the AFL environment and/or were first round picks.
- Players who have not played a senior game this year are excluded.
- Weightings have been granted for those who are over-rated, over paid, divers, are noted squibs and/or who are overtly Gen Z/Hipster.
- Melts about player inclusions / exclusions are highly encouraged.
- (New age new rule for 2019): The important thing is the players identify as Bottom 50

Players
#50 - Dayne Beams
#49 - Chad Wingard
#48 - Eddie Betts
#47 - Scott Selwood
#46 - Jack Martin
#45 - Lachie Henderson
#44 - Chris Masten
#43 - David MacKay
#42 - The Wagners
#41 - Billy Gowers
#40 - Nathan Hrovat
#39 - David Armitage
#38 - Fletcher Roberts
#37 - Neville Jetta
#36 - Rhys Stanley
#35 - Brett Deledio
#34 - Anthony Mcdonald-Tipungwuti
#33 - Nathan Jones
#32 - Kyle Hartigan
#31 - Aaron Sandilands
#30 - Billy Stretch
#29 - Paul Puopolo
#28 - Mason Wood
#27 - Aaron Francis
#26 - Ben Stratton
#25 - Assorted McDonalds
#24 - Daniel Menzel
#23 - Lewis Taylor
#22 - Sam Weideman
#21 - Jake Carlisle
#20 - Steven Motlop
#19 - Charlie Dixon
#18 - Taylor Walker
#17 - Sam Frost
#16 - Shane Mumford
#15 - Josh Jenkins
#14 - Kieran Jack
#13 - Phill Inn
#12 - Zac Smith
#11 - Mitch McGovern
#10 - Buddy Franklin
#9 - Braydon Preuss
#8 - Steven May
#7 - Jesse Hogan
#6 - Dan Hannebery
Bottom 50 Lifetime Achievement Award 2019: Gary Rohan
#5 - David Myers
#4 - Jacob Townsend
#3 - Hayden Ballantyne
#2 - Zac Clarke
#1 - Bryce Gibbs

What's the record for most nominations from one team???

By my count, Essendon & Sydney have 6 current & past players on this years list. But Essendon being Essendon, well, you know, they aren't go to rest on their laurels so they go and recruit a 7th. 7 current, past & future players from one club.

And they didn't go small either, they went and got a bottom 5 player just to be certain which coincidentally, brings them to a remarkable 3 of the bottom 5. That's gotta be record.

What's the record for most nominations from one team???

By my count, Essendon & Sydney have 6 current & past players on this years list. But Essendon being Essendon, well, you know, they aren't go to rest on their laurels so they go and recruit a 7th. 7 current, past & future players from one club.

And they didn't go small either, they went and got a bottom 5 player just to be certain which coincidentally, brings them to a remarkable 3 of the bottom 5. That's gotta be record.
I think Carlton had quite the representation a few years back, but Essendon's high end this year is a record. Townsend seals it.

I'm bitterly disappointed you didn't include Trent Cotchin in your bottom 50. Missed opportunity. I thought he was a lock after averaging fewer than 20 disposals per game, kicking just 3 goals over the entire season and finishing 19th in the Richmond best and fairest.

Only 14 disposals vs Geelong in the Prelim Final and just 15 disposals vs GWS in the GF

Probably the most useless Grand Final skipper since Bruce Monteath in 1980

He's really become more of a club mascot than a true premiership captain. A bit like McDonald-Tipungwuti. Although Tippa made more of an impact than Cotch in 2019

Last edited:
I'm bitterly disappointed you didn't include Trent Cotchin in your bottom 50. Missed opportunity. I thought he was a lock after averaging fewer than 20 disposals per game, kicking just 3 goals over the entire season and finishing 19th in the Richmond best and fairest.

Only 14 disposals vs Geelong in the Prelim Final and just 15 disposals vs GWS in the GF

He's really become more of a club mascot than a true premiership captain. A bit like McDonald-Tipungwuti. Although Tippa made more of an impact than Cotch in 2019

appt user name

Yeah nah
giphy.gif 50FBD695-4EED-4510-BEB9-69141EF7E167.gif

Been waiting for this for 9 months.

Get this flog in. Over hyped. Over rated.

Most pointless player in the AFL.

130816_JackViney_Hero.jpg

Sooo true.. cant kick 30 metres and plays tough guy all the time.. awful player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back