Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2019 - Now featuring the bottom 5 Arnott's biscuits

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what tigers player/s will make it on this list. Lids doesn't count.

Player #33 - Nathan Jones

View attachment 748281
Pictured: "Alright it's a bald-off, it's a bald-off people"

Nathan Jones has spent most of his career carrying an underperforming, tanking, Melbourne Football Club.
Captain since 2014, Jones didn't play a final until last year. Despite this, he has a better finals record than the entire Essendon football Club since his career began in 2006.

A widely respected player, 2019 was not a great for Nathan. Melbourne reverted to their normal 'odd' year form, where every odd numbered year they are terrible unlike even numbered years where they are only terrible 4 out of 5 years. Look out 2024 season!

His numbers look 'ok' but he is clearly showing signs of age as he hit the magical 31 and a half year old mark aka 'Hawthorn's average player age'. This year he dropped in every statistical category with less kicks, handballs, tackles, goal assists, goals, behinds, inside 50s, and presumably follicles.
I mean, sure as you age you do get a patch of hair growing in that weird space above your bum, but I chose to ignore that. Just like I ignore my grandma's patch. Her patch obscures her tramp stamp - I can only see half of each dolphin now.

The hard part is, he finished the season as borderline best 22 for the team that finished 17th on the ladder, where (unless you stupidly give your future first round pick away to the Crows) you're firmly in the young and rebuilding category. Compounding that is a sense of loyalty to a guy who bled for the club and gave his all through the darkest period in the club's on-field history. Fortunately Melbourne have a recent history of only making good decisions so I'm sure they'll make the right call.

He has been captain for a while now so I assume he had a say in calling off the pre-season camp this year because the players thought it was too hard last year. Before you cry 'soft' and 'flamin' millennials' just remember Adelaide did run their camp and that went about as well as the Stanford Prison Experiment.
In fact you could say that without Jack Watts, Melbourne are now substantially less camp. Ok, I'll see myself out...

Nath, Jonesy, congratulations on a stellar career. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.
If you keep shooting Bambi, we’re going to run out of Bambi.

Players #31 - Aaron Sandilands

Pictured: Aaron Sandilands chases West Coast champion and anti-drug campaigner Sam Mitchell

Aaron Sandilands is literally a giant of the Fremantle Dockers. After playing for 17 seasons, he decided to give 2019 a go and roll out for one more season as part of Ross Lyon's youth policy.

This year... didn't go to plan. Freo didn't fire (again). Ross the boss is no more (much to the relief of Fremantle female staffers), and Sandi was cooked with a kapital k. Managing only six games, his first game back in round 18 was an absolute belting at the hands of the West Coast Eagles, a game which would have had Eagles fans salivating had dehydration not been such a virulent issue over in the west.

He played out five more games but nowhere near reached the heights of his glittering career in previous years. He did mange 30+ hit-outs in his last four games as you'd expect with his height advantage, with two of those games against kids (English and Marshall) and two against sides with no dicernable ruck division (Cats and Essendon). He didn't get much of the ball around the ground either, demonstrating all the mobility of his brother Kyle. This was a sad end for a four time All-Australian who won Fremantle's best and fairest twice and achieved the highest team honour in Fremantle history, the losing Grand Final in 2013.

He also provided many photographic moments of amusement (not in a St Kilda way):

Well, technically he wasn't involved but I still found the last one funny.

Sandi is the equal tallest player to have ever played AFL (211cm, same height as Peter Street). He weighs in at almost 120kgs so Sandi also qualifies for the West Coast cheer squad. When not playing AFL football he periodically attacks the city of Tokyo.

Aaron, congratulations on an outstanding career. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.

View attachment 749313
Pictured: Aaron Sandilands chases West Coast champion and anti-drug campaigner Sam Mitchell

Aaron Sandilands is literally a giant of the Fremantle Dockers. After playing for 17 seasons, he decided to give 2019 a go and roll out for one more season as part of Ross Lyon's youth policy.

This year... didn't go to plan. Freo didn't fire (again). Ross the boss is no more (much to the relief of Fremantle female staffers), and Sandi was cooked with a kapital k. Managing only six games, his first game back in round 18 was an absolute belting at the hands of the West Coast Eagles, a game which would have had Eagles fans salivating had dehydration not been such a virulent issue over in the west.

He played out five more games but nowhere near reached the heights of his glittering career in previous years. He did mange 30+ hit-outs in his last four games as you'd expect with his height advantage, with two of those games against kids (English and Marshall) and two against sides with no dicernable ruck division (Cats and Essendon). He didn't get much of the ball around the ground either, demonstrating all the mobility of his brother Kyle. This was a sad end for a four time All-Australian who won Fremantle's best and fairest twice and achieved the highest team honour in Fremantle history, the losing Grand Final in 2013.

He also provided many photographic moments of amusement (not in a St Kilda way):

View attachment 749319

View attachment 749320

View attachment 749321

Sandi is the equal tallest player to have ever played AFL (211cm, same height as Peter Street). He weighs in at almost 120kgs so Sandi also qualifies for the West Coast cheer squad. When not playing AFL football he periodically attacks the city of Tokyo.

Aaron, congratulations on an outstanding career. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2019.
this isn't shooting bambi, this is like.... shooting simba while he is trying to wake up mufasa. I feel sick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 749313

View attachment 749319

View attachment 749320

View attachment 749321

Very fair.

But astonishingly cruel.

achieved the highest team honour in Fremantle history, the losing Grand Final in 2013

When not playing AFL football he periodically attacks the city of Tokyo

You have my attention back Mofra

The history quote very worthy a club that was established in 1994

Thoughts Stronzo ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back