Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the Saints are getting Brad Crouch.
He could never feature in a bottom 50 could he?

Player #39 - Rory Atkins
1603246253176.png
Pictured: Karl Pilkington with hair. No wait... that's Rory Atkins

Rory Atkins was an Adelaide Crows player this year which means he had a worse year than anyone living under lockdown, anywhere, ever.

An outside player who hates human contact more than Pete Evans hates vaccines (or science), Rory went from mainstay of a Crows side to an outcast at the age of 26. I know half the bay are thinking "so what, I was an outcast at 15" but the idea is to grow out of it, not grow into it.
Rory played four games this year, although he did hurt his shoulder when the Suns pumped the Crows in round 3. That was also Atkins' 100th game.

His other three games netted him 14, 10 and 10 touches respectively - his last game being the worst and saw him in the twos for the rest of the y... of wait, he didn't make it to the end of the year, walking out on the Crows before the season was over because he felt "uncomfortable". I admire his chutzpah, although of everyone applied the same principle to day to day life I could skip every performance review I've ever had. My works ones are often uncomfortable, but my ex-girlfriends turned it right up to 11. Apparently you don't "win at sex" when you come first, but I digress.

For some reason the Suns looked at their round 3 82-29 win and thought "if we had Rory Atkins in the side that would have been a real thrashing" so have offered him a four year deal (with a trigger for a fifth) at $400k per season. Rory understandably jumped at it, worried that the Suns would rescind the offer when they sobered up.

Fun fact: Rory was the last live selection of the 2012 draft, a draft in which Adelaide "voluntarily relinquished" pick 52 after the Kurt Tippett scandal.

Rory, good luck next year when the Suns inevitably look like a fantastic team then fall in a heap around mid-year. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2020.

Player #39 - Rory Atkins
View attachment 990920
Pictured: Karl Pilkington with hair. No wait... that's Rory Atkins

Of course Rory with his well known thoughts on astronauts "it's not that hard, all you really have to do is sit on your ass all day". Kind of like getting paid big munny to go to GC on a 4 year deal when you think about it.

Im 100% sure he retired last year.

Is Mofra recycling to see if we are paying attention ?
On matters pertaining to recycling I'll defer to Clarko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's probably left too.

Only lasted 2-3 seasons for 0 games.

As skinny as Ayce Cordy in his first season.

No loss to the Dons.

On matters pertaining to recycling I'll defer to Clarko

Well, he's about to sign a 29 year old superstar from the 18th placed Crows; Kyle Hartigan! So yeah, no point battling it out for 2nd in The Recycling Stakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back