Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s okay Schache, we don’t want you here either...you’re correct about him being like the Pope’s penis - I highly doubt that has ever actually done anything.
You suggesting Schache splits his time between rectories & rectums? :confusedv1:

24e00b10d8e61ae6ff54c51a7738e5fc

That’s Fremantle champion Travis Colyer whose feet go quicker than his brain.
giphy.gif

Not so fast.

Given Schache made the list after only playing 2 games Franklin must be a shoe in for another top 5 place and a double life membership in the Bottom 50 for his year of drawing a significant wage while sitting at the pub on the piss all season while thinking up mystery injuries and illnesses.

Given Schache made the list after only playing 2 games Franklin must be a shoe in for another top 5 place and a double life membership in the Bottom 50 for his year of drawing a significant wage while sitting at the pub on the piss all season while thinking up mystery injuries and illnesses.

Between Buddy and Beams surely only 1 can be at the pointy end after not playing a game. Would much prefer to see Beams there.

Between Buddy and Beams surely only 1 can be at the pointy end after not playing a game. Would much prefer to see Beams there.
I don’t mind Buddy actually, pure lad enjoying life, getting it done his way & does not GAF about his critics. 🤣👍

Total rock star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness to Buddy, we would all do the same.

And also you forgot doing blow and supermodels as well.

Bloke has done well for himself

FTW, I am an avid follower of Nat's What I Reckon and his cooking. I often watch his clips while chowing down on pasta with jar sauce. I do not find it hypocritical in the least.
I always wondered who bought that jar sauce s**t.

Player #18 - Andrew Phillips
1606096070676.png
Pictured: Phillips trains on Essendon's patented 'upside down cow milking machine'

Fresh of the success of signing Zac Clarke last year, Essendon again chose to top up their ruck stocks in 2020 by signing Andrew Phillips from Carlton.

Phillips began his AFL journey like so many before him - failing as a GWS recruit, then going to Carlton. As his time at Carlton drew to a close Essendon came knocking and unlike their attempt to lure Josh Dunkley, they managed to complete this trade. Carlton scored a slight pick upgrade in the late draft and Essendon got a Tasmanian redheaded journeyman which is the most Carlton/Essendon trade you can imagine. I don't know how Essendon don't win the next 10 flags with so much trade week winning *fist pump*

Now, this year was a little unusual - we had Covid, an interrupted AFL season and people actually missed Terry Wallace on Trade Radio.
Essendon went into the season with three ruckman vying for the mantle of no 1 choice and it was the untried kid coming off an ACL injury that eventually won out.

Phillips did play 5 games for Essendon this year, and I'll give him his dues - he actually won the hit-out count in one game... against fellow Bottom 50 entrant Tim English. Now English is a developing young ruck who... actually dominated Phillips that day, on his way to 204 supercoach points (one of only three 200+ scores this year). Normally SC points wouldn't be that great an indicator but in this case it tells the tale as English out ran, out possessed and outmarked Phillips throughout the game to score the 35th highest ever total score (since 1993 at least, as far back as the stats are kept).
Phillips was so embarrassed by an English-man that day he's been offered honorary Scottish citizenship.

The truth is Phillips is an honest toiler who might have been a serviceable ruck in the 80s but is absolutely smashed around the ground in the modern game.
It gets even worse playing for Essendon's midfield. Most recruiters seem to like footballers that played basketball in their junior days like Pendlebury, Bontempelli, Pendles and that Collingwood captain this year who didn't stand up for Adam Treloar when Bucks lied to the media. Dodoro seems to prefer a background in competitive limbo when recruiting mids. The only mids he has recruited that weren't under the tutelage of Snow White spend the off-season working in a giant chocolate factory.
They have the midget midfielders who need a hulking ruck that can support them around the ground, making the 98kg Phillips a weirder choice than Chewbacca, a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, who chooses to live on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

1606097552742.png
Pictured: The last remaining photo of Essendon's 2019 trading war room

Anyway Essendon have delisted Phillips but for some strange reason he remains an outside chance at being signed by Melbourne as a DFA, because Melbourne.

Andrew, good luck next year and welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back