Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Brad Hill cant miss 2 years in a row. Richmond better have strong representation. Toby Greene can make a late run.

Do you think Tex’s 48 goal season has any chance of making him immune?

Me neither.

Surely Tex is line for a lifetime achievement award if he hasn’t got one already.

And Jaidyn has added to the body of work for his own lifetime achievement award.

He's probably in line for the Duddy Frankin lifetime Bottom 50 award.

At least Josh Bruce has redeemed himself.

Shaun Higgins top 10
Luke Dahlhaus top 20
Esava Ratugolea top 30
Jake Kolodjashnij may only slip out because no one outside the cats knows who he is

Surely Ned Guy is a chance to make it this season....

I mean, last year was outstanding work - but to give up Pick 2 to GWS - when you finish 17th and they are still in the finals race - that's Neds Level list management right there....

The decision to trade out pick 2 wasn’t made by Ned Guy. It was made by the bloke who runs our drafting (who wasn’t Ned Guy)

Last edited:
This list will have more Cats than Crazy Cat Lady's house. A quality effort in the Quallie last week just reeks of potential.....or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player #48 - Lochie O'Brien
1630467173171.png
Pictured: Carlton choose 'Grunt' brand footballs because it rhymes with 'Carlton board member'

Lochie O'Brien is one of Carlton's 57 first round draftees. Unlike half of them, he wasn't selected by GWS.
As a former top ten pick, Carlton have shown a lot of faith in Lachie by trading (heavily) for a bunch of players who play in his exact position. As a player, he's basically like buying a salad because you want to be healthy then using Red Rooster drive through 11 times in the following week.

A supposed half-back rebounder and outside midfielder, he has done well in helping Carlton rebound from a non-finalist in 2020 to a non-finalist in 2021.
He was selected for 5 games in 2021 where he averaged 16 disposals and 3.6 turnovers, which for efficiency is well below the AFL average and makes him one of Carlton's best ball users. His haircut is incredibly neat and he has the appearance of someone who would wear a tie to a first date.

He grew up in rural Victoria as a Collingwood supporter and was an elite 400m runner as a teenager. I can only assume he was also quite good as a hurdler, especially with a VCR under one arm.
Fun fact: his grandfather played one game for Collingwood in 1971.

Best of luck Lochie and I hope you get to stay in the AFL system. Thank you for being part of the Bottom 50 for 2021.

I just hope Mofra doesn't forget about McKernan's illustrious career.
Its not easy to spend 13 years at 3 clubs and only play 91 games.
His career highlight was probably 2019 when he had 4 disposals and 2 hitouts to keep Essendon's finals streak intact.

If anyone is after a tall guy to stand on the field or sit on the bench, he could probably be coaxed out of retirement.

I’d like to point out this is the second pic of a player who isn’t matched up to the Bottom 50 nominee in question, but to be fair to Mof the most ardent Carlton supporter wouldn’t be able to recognise Lochie O’Brien or any player not called Cripps, Walsh or McKay.

Watching Marc Murphy run around for his last and only full match of the season was like being transported back in time.

I’d like to point out this is the second pic of a player who isn’t matched up to the Bottom 50 nominee in question, but to be fair to Mof the most ardent Carlton supporter wouldn’t be able to recognise Lochie O’Brien or any player not called Cripps, Walsh or McKay.

Watching Marc Murphy run around for his last and only full match of the season was like being transported back in time.
I have no idea what Lochie O'Brien or whoever it is in that photo actually looks like. Sounds like a made-up first name to me.

Would we recognise him better if he was showing off the rainbow-coloured jocks that seem to be popular at Carlton these days?

I have no idea what Lochie O'Brien or whoever it is in that photo actually looks like. Sounds like a made-up first name to me.

Would we recognise him better if he was showing off the rainbow-coloured jocks that seem to be popular at Carlton these days?

If I was playing footy, and knew there was a chance that my shorts would get yanked and the whole country would see my jocks, I know I'd be wearing the most ridiculous ones possible. Target sells jocks with a giant Pringles logo on them and I wore those when only the ultrasound tech would be seeing them.

If I was playing footy, and knew there was a chance that my shorts would get yanked and the whole country would see my jocks, I know I'd be wearing the most ridiculous ones possible. Target sells jocks with a giant Pringles logo on them and I wore those when only the ultrasound tech would be seeing them.
One day player will get dacked and a G string will be revealed. We could probably start a poll to work out who it will be.

One day player will get dacked and a G string will be revealed. We could probably start a poll to work out who it will be.
Jack Silvagni revealed even more a few weeks back.
RDT_20210808_1346249104396877930497347.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back