Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague made us a much more attacking team, unfortunately he didn't really believe in accountable or defensive football, esp from our mids.

Teague thought defence meant the barrier between the field and the grandstand...

Spannerberry was broken by Roughy in the 2014 GF, wasnt ever the same.

That's Dan Hannebery - 'AFLCA Champion player' in 2015?
Dan Hannebery - 6th in the Brownlow in 2015 and 5th in 2016?
Dan Hannebery - All Australian in 2015 and 2016?

Geez, he must have been ****** awesome. Or maybe he got a solid bump in the 2014 GF and - I don't know - got up and kept playing?

Geez, he must have been ****** awesome. Or maybe he got a solid bump in the 2014 GF and - I don't know - got up and kept playing?
1636604754044.jpeg

are you new here? try to resist such obvious bait in the future! plus those 3 things you listed are pretty much meaningless.

Player #15 - Nathan Jones
1636679047387.png
Pictured: Tigerboyz only lasted one day as an AFL photographer

Nathan Jones was the pity root of the AFL world in 2021.

A veteran of a god-awful Melbourne side for most of his career, Nathan 'Nate' Jones was a warrior in that he used to carry a bunch of absolute spuds into battle every week and help them lose buy a slightly lower amount. His career began in 2005, merely months after Essendon's last finals victory on 4 September 2004. Over that journey he's been part of more team beltings than a Crows pre-seasn camp but he has at least given Melbourne fans something to get their butlers to hang their hat on.

Then something strange happened. Melbourne showed signs of getting good, and suddenly Nate Jones wasn't quite the lone-ranger he once was. Gawn became a dominant AFL ruckman, Oliver became elite, and Petracca showed why St Kilda passed over him (like they passed over Bontempelli and Naughton) by becoming a star. Years of hauling more potatoes over green fields than Tassie spud farmers had taken it's toll, as had father age given Nate turned 33 at the start of 2021.

Melbourne however let romance dictate logic, which partly explains Garry Lyon's recent dating history.
They gave Nate one more year in the AFL system and even the most cynical among us thought he deserves it even if he doesn't play. The problem of course was that he did play. He managed the first 7 rounds of the season for 7 wins, but he just wasn't the same player. Injuries and form would see him unable to break into the senior team again, and in the final weeks of September he decided that there was no way he'd make it into the Grand Final team and decided to attend the birth of his twins instead of being at the game. As far as I can tell, most of the Bulldogs players joined him at the birth after 3/4 time.

Nathan Jones retired at the end of the year on 302 games, the second most of any Demons player. He won the club B&F in 2012, 2013 & 2014 ahead of pretty much nobody during those years and remains an admired figure among AFL fans. His brother Zac moved from the Swans to the Saints and has copied his sleeve tattoos, hairstyle and for the most part his finals record.
Ironically, Nate was a St Kilda supporter growing up which prepared him well for his AFL career.

Nate, kudos on a fine AFL career. One day you can perhaps write your memoir which will be a ripping read, except for the bit about 'returning to your wife' which will confuse the hell out of Gary Rohan. Thank you for appearing in the Bottom 50 for 2021.

View attachment 1278715

A veteran of a god-awful Melbourne side for most of his career, Nathan 'Nate' Jones was a warrior in that he used to carry a bunch of absolute spuds into battle every week and help them lose buy a slightly lower amount. His career began in 2005, merely months after Essendon's last finals victory on 4 September 2004. Over that journey he's been part of more team beltings than a Crows pre-seasn camp but he has at least given Melbourne fans something to get their butlers to hang their hat on.

Then something strange happened. Melbourne showed signs of getting good, and suddenly Nate Jones wasn't quite the lone-ranger he once was. Gawn became a dominant AFL ruckman, Oliver became elite, and Petracca showed why St Kilda passed over him (like they passed over Bontempelli and Naughton) by becoming a star. Years of hauling more potatoes over green fields than Tassie spud farmers had taken it's toll, as had father age given Nate turned 33 at the start of 2021.

Melbourne however let romance dictate logic, which partly explains Garry Lyon's recent dating history.
They gave Nate one more year in the AFL system and even the most cynical among us thought he deserves it even if he doesn't play. The problem of course was that he did play. He managed the first 7 rounds of the season for 7 wins, but he just wasn't the same player. Injuries and form would see him unable to break into the senior team again, and in the final weeks of September he decided that there was no way he'd make it into the Grand Final team and decided to attend the birth of his twins instead of being at the game. As far as I can tell, most of the Bulldogs players joined him at the birth after 3/4 time.

Nathan Jones retired at the end of the year on 302 games, the second most of any Demons player. He won the club B&F in 2012, 2013 & 2014 ahead of pretty much nobody during those years and remains an admired figure among AFL fans. His brother Zac moved from the Swans to the Saints and has copied his sleeve tattoos, hairstyle and for the most part his finals record.
Ironically, Nate was a St Kilda supporter growing up which prepared him well for his AFL career.

Nate, kudos on a fine AFL career. One day you can perhaps write your memoir which will be a ripping read, except for the bit about 'returning to your wife' which will confuse the hell out of Gary Rohan. Thank you for appearing in the Bottom 50 for 2021.

You killed Bambi! 😲

View attachment 1278715

Once the ladies get wind of the colossal wit you display on here,those lonely nights will simply evaporate
Yeah if it's something that gets the attention of the ladies it's non-PC football jokes about fringe players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone can empathise with what it must have been like for Jones to try to mentor some of the recruits Melbourne had.

"Now guys if we want to progress as a team we need to focus on the footy, you need to make footy your life."
" I like training at Training at Gosch's , look at the boobs walking past "
" JACK !!!! Footy!!!! focus!!!! "
" Its much better here than Cranbourne...did i tell you i like boobs "

I detect sarcasm but I wooed my future wife on our 1st date with an impeccably timed one-liner about robert gronewegan
A better football airline captain than I ever was

I think everyone can empathise with what it must have been like for Jones to try to mentor some of the recruits Melbourne had.

"Now guys if we want to progress as a team we need to focus on the footy, you need to make footy your life."
" I like training at Training at Gosch's , look at the boobs walking past "
" JACK !!!! Footy!!!! focus!!!! "
" Its much better here than Cranbourne...did i tell you i like boobs "
IMG_20211112_132654.jpg
Red is where MFC trained.
Blue is where Watts trained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back