Win Prizes Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact: Out of all North players who played in 2022, Jared Polec has the highest winning percentage.

No but for real this is the most deserved lifetime achievement of all time, across any sport.

Fun fact: Out of all North players who played in 2022, Jared Polec has the highest winning percentage.

No but for real this is the most deserved lifetime achievement of all time, across any sport.
I won't say I've enjoyed watching his decline since he left Port. But I am glad we didn't pay $3.5m to keep him.

Thanks for taking him (and Pittard) off our hands, North. And for driving JHF back too. You're good pals.

I won't say I've enjoyed watching his decline since he left Port. But I am glad we didn't pay $3.5m to keep him.

Thanks for taking him (and Pittard) off our hands, North. And for driving JHF back too. You're good pals.
Pittard was unironically servicable for his first year but what he did against Carlton in 2020 I knew there was no coming back for him.

So many things we could've done with that first round pick and was sent down the toilet.

Lifetime achievement award: Jared Polec
maxresdefault.jpg

Pictured: It's both a video and a photo

Nickname: IzzyStillonDalist

Jared Polec was selected at pick 5 by Brisbane and has successfully disenfranchised the supporters of 3 AFL clubs during his career.
After playing 16 games in 3 years at the Brisbane Lions, he got 'homesick' and went to Port where between 2014 and 2018 he played 90 games. Fearing the impending 100th game and potential father-son pick down the track, Port wisely let him walk to North at the end of 2018 where, with an exodus of AFL standard players and struggling to reach 95% of the cap floor, North offered Jared a deal worth $3.5m over 5 years which was so over his value that Frances Abbott would have been embarrassed to accept it.

Polec's underwhelming career continued at North where he managed all 22 games in 2019 as North begun their inevitable slide into mediocrity by finishing 12th. North would get worse, as would Polec, with a 13 game tally in 2020 (North second last) feeding into a 5 game 2021 where North would win the spoon, and Polec would be delisted with two years of his contract to go. North put him on the rookie list and tried to claim it was clever list management, as if they'd know what that is.

So onto 2022. Would North get a return on their sizeable investment? In a word - no.
Polec had a worse year than Bitcoin as North again won the spoon, ditched their coach, 'won' the services of Clarko who as it turns out is extreeeeemly "pro-choice", lost their entire recruiting team and a bunch of admin staff and presumably locked the keys out of their team equipment van on more than one occasion.
Polec would feature at senior level twice this year, in rounds 2 & 3. He performed 'ok' against a cobbled together WAFL side that wore West Coast Eagles jumpers for a day, then would thud back down to earth with a 9 possession performance against the 2020 wooden spooners. Then it was off to the VFL where he would fail to get a look back into a side going so badly that Matthew Guy feels sorry for them.

In the end, a foot injury meant north decided to pay out his last contract year and delist him. Let that sink in - a team who has won two wooden spoons back to back think they can do better than keep a guy they already have who went at pick 5 in the draft and has somehow managed to gain 24 Brownlow votes across his career.

The real issue is that Polec considers himself an 'attacking' wingman which means he defends with all the vigor of a valium addict pensioner in a mobility scooter with a flat tyre. These days, if you can't defend you don't play and Polec considers 'tackle' as something his teammates would stare at jealously when Robin 'Tripod' Nahas was still on the list.
Given that more ball hits North's backline with a regularity that sunsets are jealous of, it makes him an impartial observer for more than 50% of North's gameday. I mean, sure it's nice to have an extra attendee to watch the game but Jared can do that from the stands.

It's for this fine effort and prolonged underperformance that Polec joins the esteemed band of brothers on the 'Lifetime Achievement Award' list.
Jared, from all of us at the Bay, thank you.
Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

I know he just retired but I can't see Michael Hurley's name anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about rejects I want to know who the d*ck head was at work that put the soy milk in the spot for the full cream milk? I was nearly sick in my mouth having my morning coffee.
Reminds me of a particular April Fools Day, when I came to the office really early, and replaced the contents of the sugar container with Salvital. I then sat at my desk, and waited for the volcano to erupt. Right on cue around 8am, the expletives coming from the kitchen were extraordinary, as coffee cups overflowed uncontrollably.

Dylan Shiel is a chance.

Reminds me of a particular April Fools Day, when I came to the office really early, and replaced the contents of the sugar container with Salvital. I then sat at my desk, and waited for the volcano to erupt. Right on cue around 8am, the expletives coming from the kitchen were extraordinary, as coffee cups overflowed uncontrollably.
Like a s**t, championship celebration for nerds?

Unfortunately that’s the thing. He literally knows nothing else.
Republican says Trump ‘empowering’ extremists by having dinner with white supremacist
‘It’s very troubling,’ says Arkansas governor who condemned Trump’s meeting with anti-semite Nick Fuentes.
You sure can pick em crap apple lard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back