Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The real question is which bulldogs players won’t make it?
It is only a bottom 50. There will be some disappointing ommisions. Plenty of candidates at Whitten Oval after an 11 and 11 crap season. My top 5 in no particular order. I assume the 20 game rule is career and not season..
1. Fletcher Roberts
2. Tory Dickson
3. Clay Smith
4. Shane Biggs
5. Jake "Not my job to tackle" Stringer. Uh oh. Looks like it is second rounder now.

Cloke and Boyd not considered due to mental illness.

Player 50 - Tom Liberatore

Pictured: Tom does his best to get a Bupa contract

Tom is a Bulldog favourite, a B&F winner in 2014, a famous Bulldog name, a premiership hero and a complete and utter mess at times. This year he brought that mess to the football field.

Things actually started ok for Tom, despite turning up to pre-season training in a shabby state. He actually managed a whopping 47 tackles in his first four games. He would then go on to play 2 more decent games for the year (a win against the Tigers and a loss against Demons), while he was dropped in round 8. Even lower, he had an absolute nightmare against GWS where he managed only 2 effective kicks for the game and no clearances.

This from a guy who has all the tools to be a dominant player - he was second in league clearances in 2014. Clearly, his problem is mental rather than physical (I mean just look at him). Clem Ford at a V8 Supercars round would have showed more desire than Libba this year. Sadly my letter to the Bulldogs suggesting someone slip a pill inside the Sherrin before the game went unanswered.

Libba, if your manager (Tom Williams) is reading this to you in a drunken / opiod haze in some Thai back-alley as a non-gender normative local tattoos a representation of Luke Dahlhaus trying to draw a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch on your calf, please for the love of god follow through on your promise to start pre-season early this year. With a little luck you will avoid next year's Bottom 50.

Last edited:

Tom is a Bulldog favourite, a B&F winner in 2014, a famous Bulldog name, a premiership hero and a complete and utter mess at times. This year he brought that mess to the football field.

Things actually started ok for Tom, despite turning up to pre-season training in a shabby state. He actually managed a whopping 47 tackles in his first four games. He would then go on to play 2 more decent games for the year (a win against the Tigers and a loss against Demons), while he was dropped in round 8. Even lower, he had an absolute nightmare against GWS where he managed he only managed 2 effective kicks for the game and no clearances.

This from a guy who has all the tools to be a dominant player - he was second in league clearances in 2014. Clearly, his problem is mental rather than physical (I mean just look at him). Clem Ford at a V8 Supercars round would have showed more desire than Libba this year. Sadly my letter to the Bulldogs suggesting someone slip a pill inside the Sherrin before the game went unanswered.

Libba, if your manager (Tom Williams) is reading this to you in a drunken / opiod haze in some Thai back-alley as a non-gender normative local tattoos a representation of Luke Dahlhaus trying to draw a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch on your calf, please for the love of god follow through on your promise to start pre-season early this year. With a little luck you will avoid next year's Bottom 50.

Conservative.

Things actually started ok for Tom, despite turning up to pre-season training in a shabby state. He actually managed a whopping 47 tackles in his first four games. He would then go on to play 2 more decent games for the year (a win against the Tigers and a loss against Demons), while he was dropped in round 8. Even lower, he had an absolute nightmare against GWS where he managed he only managed 2 effective kicks for the game and no clearances.

Played better for Vietnam last year

Last edited:
Played better for Vietnam last year
He is a ruckman, plays his best footy there.

Bevo playing him out of position

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

overpaid.......for the returned 34 do we include their contract bonuses for keeping their mouths shut ?
Not all of them kept their mouths shut - e.g. Bay hero Hal Hunter.
Essendon paying salaries ensured the Bulldogs were under the cap in 2016, so there are silver linings

Things actually started ok for Tom, despite turning up to pre-season training in a shabby state. He actually managed a whopping 47 tackles in his first four games. He would then go on to play 2 more decent games for the year (a win against the Tigers and a loss against Demons), while he was dropped in round 8. Even lower, he had an absolute nightmare against GWS where he managed only 2 effective kicks for the game and no clearances.

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm-407x305.jpg

Okay, suggestion time. I realize Mofra's probably formed his list in advance but I have a few 'left field' possibilities he might've overlooked. :)

G. Ablett Jnr - Seeming inability to travel, creator of off-field disharmony, refusal to run defensively, confirmed s**t bloke status
M. Stevic - Way down on performance for us compared to recent years
D. Wells - Paid $600k but can't get on the park for more than 10 games, very fortunate all the focus is on Mayne
D. Heppell - Formerly talked up as the next big thing but now a vanilla stat padder & lackluster captain
M. Blicavs - Very rarely do you see a player go backwards this far without it being age or injury related
J. Cameron - Shadow of the player he was now every backman knows not to let him stand goalside
J. Anderson - Thanks for the pick we used on Ryan Burton Norf
T. Boak - What's happened to this guy? Was once a star and now he's a plodder a year away from being the next Jobe
A. Aliir - So much for the hype of being talked up as a future AA, now he's plying his trade in the NEAFL
J. Johannisen - If he was listed on the stock exchange you'd be pissed if you decided not to cash out your shares in March

You actually sound depressed Mof

Remove this Banner Ad

Back