Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood have Cox and Mayne both contracted until the end of 2020.
It is like the twilight zone. They must be on another planet. It is completely dumbfounding.

At least you can sit back and laugh...

Player 24 - Nick Suban

Pictured: Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller reprise their roles for Zoolander 4 - Going Downunder

Nick Suban has no neck. Google images search it, it's freaky-weird. Even Cam McCarthy had to check it out during his first game:

Anyway now that's out of the way, Nick Suban is a kind of midfielder at Fremantle who, over the past couple of years, has been almost-AFL standard but not quite been showing it on field.
He almost gets enough ball to be a mid in his own right, doesn't have much hurt factor, and I still can't get over the fact he has no neck. How does he eat? Can someone with that short an esophagus develop enough of a gag reflex to stop himself from choking? Can you burp with a 14 millimeter trachea?

Anyway, Nick Suban has played 148 games and has been caught holding the ball in at least 148 of those games. It's actually amazing to watch; forget 10-game streak DVDs, we need a "Nick Suban caught holding the ball" compilation DVD. Even Plugger would buy it. I guess without a neck to draw frees from he can't Selwood himself out of those situations.

In 2017 Nick started round 1 in the Freo senior side because if there's one thing Ross Lyon is known for, it's his sense of humour. He tried to tag but it didn't work so after two games he went back to Peel which to most of us is something you twist into an Old Fashioned but in west that's a football team, just like to most of us purple means your grip is too hard but in the west is a football colour.

By round 14 Fremantle were starting to plan for 2018 (or 2081, the last year of Lyon's contract) so Suban was back in as a tackling machine. Sure he didn't get the ball much or stop his opponent too often but he did manage a 10 tackle game twice, against North and the Suns who by that stage were playing kids so raw if they were onions only Tony Abbott would eat them. Actually scratch that last sentence, re-reading it I'm getting about 3 unsavoury images in my head that are disturbing me and this is from a guy who has participated in orgies so depraved that even the goat looked embarrassed the next morning.

Anyway back to Suban. He was an unrestricted free agent this year and potentially the only player in the competition North weren't actively chasing. He attracted less interest than nude photos of Rebel Wilson, to the shock of virtually nobody.

Fun fact: unlike Cyril Rioli, Nick Suban actually is delicious given Chris Masten decided to taste him and after savouring his flavor was eventually rubbed out by three men. Then 22 blokes in short shorts hugged and sang a song together. And they say AFL isn't inclusive!

At the end of the season Suban was delisted by Fremantle which means he's a 50/50 shot at becoming a handy role player at an expansion club, which refers to GCS or GWS and not the ranks of AFL retirees who immediately get fat.

Nick, Subes, 148 games isn't bad for a kid from Bacchus Marsh. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player 24 - Nick Suban

Pictured: Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller reprise their roles for Zoolander 4 - Going Downunder

Nick Suban has no neck. Google images search it, it's freaky-weird. Even Cam McCarthy had to check it out during his first game:

Anyway now that's out of the way, Nick Suban is a kind of midfielder at Fremantle who, over the past couple of years, has been almost-AFL standard but not quite been showing it on field.
He almost gets enough ball to be a mid in his own right, doesn't have much hurt factor, and I still can't get over the fact he has no neck. How does he eat? Can someone with that short an esophagus develop enough of a gag reflex to stop himself from choking? Can you burp with a 14 millimeter trachea?

Anyway, Nick Suban has played 148 games and has been caught holding the ball in at least 148 of those games. It's actually amazing to watch; forget 10-game streak DVDs, we need a "Nick Suban caught holding the ball" compilation DVD. Even Plugger would buy it. I guess without a neck to draw frees from he can't Selwood himself out of those situations.

In 2017 Nick started round 1 in the Freo senior side because if there's one thing Ross Lyon is known for, it's his sense of humour. He tried to tag but it didn't work so after two games he went back to Peel which to most of us is something you twist into an Old Fashioned but in west that's a football team, just like to most of us purple means your grip is too hard but in the west is a football colour.

By round 14 Fremantle were starting to plan for 2018 (or 2081, the last year of Lyon's contract) so Suban was back in as a tackling machine. Sure he didn't get the ball much or stop his opponent too often but he did manage a 10 tackle game twice, against North and the Suns who by that stage were playing kids so raw if they were onions only Tony Abbott would eat them. Actually scratch that last sentence, re-reading it I'm getting about 3 unsavoury images in my head that are disturbing me and this is from a guy who has participated in orgies so depraved that even the goat looked embarrassed the next morning.

Anyway back to Suban. He was an unrestricted free agent this year and potentially the only player in the competition North weren't actively chasing. He attracted less interest than nude photos of Rebel Wilson, to the shock of virtually nobody.

Fun fact: unlike Cyril Rioli, Nick Suban actually is delicious given Chris Masten decided to taste him and after savouring his flavor was eventually rubbed out by three men. Then 22 blokes in short shorts hugged and sang a song together. And they say AFL isn't inclusive!

At the end of the season Suban was delisted by Fremantle which means he's a 50/50 shot at becoming a handy role player at an expansion club, which refers to GCS or GWS and not the ranks of AFL retirees who immediately get fat.

Nick, Subes, 148 games isn't bad for a kid from Bacchus Marsh. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2017.
156 games?
Or am I missing a running joke here?

Sage analysis regarding Suban's lack of being able to Selwood a free kick. He lifts the arm and shrugs the shoulder okay, but then the tackler's arm goes clear over his head due to lack of a neck, poor bloke. :(

Lots off neckless guys are huge, and their shoulders mask the neck. Suban appears fyi be some kind of genetic anomaly. What a freak.
Brings back memories of Gladstone Small

Gladstone-small-300x300.jpg

One of Mofra's finest.

Lots off neckless guys are huge, and their shoulders mask the neck. Suban appears fyi be some kind of genetic anomaly. What a freak.

any conversation about people with no necks needs to mention West Indian/English cricketer Gladstone Small..(although it seems I have been beaten to the punch by Bosk..:oops:

5705135470_30bcbb8056_b.jpg
:eek::rainbow::thumbsu:

where is the angery reacct
Player 24 - Nick Suban

Remove this Banner Ad

Back