Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Now hes at another club than norf he will either be one of the best players in the comp or the worst now. I think we all know which is more likely.

The same goes with sam "i can run lots and only kick it out on the full" gibson being at adelaide. I can smell the potential from here
I think Lindsay hit peak Lindsay many a year previous. Let’s face it, he couldn’t get a run this year in one of the shittest sides in the comp, so joining a club that’s slightly less s**t will make it even harder.

I think Lindsay hit peak Lindsay many a year previous. Let’s face it, he couldn’t get a run this year in one of the shittest sides in the comp, so joining a club that’s slightly less s**t will make it even harder.
I think i may visit the puffer board to see what they reckon.

I think i may visit the puffer board to see what they reckon.
Most are in favour of the move. He wouldn't get many games, but off-field, he'll offer a lot considering his work with the indigenous community as well as younger players and he has kicked over 300 goals as a small forward without any leg speed whatsoever, so he has a bit to offer the puffers from a development perspective.

Most are in favour of the move. He wouldn't get many games, but off-field, he'll offer a lot considering his work with the indigenous community as well as younger players and he has kicked over 300 goals as a small forward without any leg speed whatsoever, so he has a bit to offer the puffers from a development perspective.
Yeah ive just been reading the same. Its pretty boring tbh.

Why are they all so boring!!:mad::mad::mad:

Barely put any bait on and look what I pulled out of the water!

Tell the truth. You’re relieved he’s gone, aren’t you? He is a sniping scumbag and a diver.
Has joined the club with a long history (well, short history from 1997) of scumbaggary, divers and snipers, so should do well.:thumbsu:

Barely put any bait on and look what I pulled out of the water!

Tell the truth. You’re relieved he’s gone, aren’t you? He is a sniping scumbag and a diver.

Oh you master troll, you!

I'll answer seriously - I am a big LT fan just as most North supporters are LT fans, though there are also a vocal minority who are not. He certainly had a poor 2017 season this year and IMO his time was definitely up at North. Was very happy to see him get to Port, and I think they'll be pleasantly surprised by what they've got. Hopefully the viewing public will gain a new (appropriate) appreciation for him.

His negative reputation is the typical lazy s**t that people trot out. Not just the ignorant element of BigFooty (although God knows there's been plenty of that on display), but also the more mentally challenged of the media, both TV and print. If you're getting your opinions second hand from Baz, Dermie, Derwayne and Robbo, you need to question your life choices.

Oh you master troll, you!

I'll answer seriously - I am a big LT fan just as most North supporters are LT fans, though there are also a vocal minority who are not. He certainly had a poor 2017 season this year and IMO his time was definitely up at North. Was very happy to see him get to Port, and I think they'll be pleasantly surprised by what they've got. Hopefully the viewing public will gain a new (appropriate) appreciation for him.

His negative reputation is the typical lazy s**t that people trot out. Not just the ignorant element of BigFooty (although God knows there's been plenty of that on display), but also the more mentally challenged of the media, both TV and print. If you're getting your opinions second hand from Baz, Dermie, Derwayne and Robbo, you need to question your life choices.
Dude, the negative stuff is there for a reason. He got suspended 3 times this year?? He ran at a bloke with a flying elbow in the VFL...and his diving and flopping was seen by everyone with two eyes.

He’s a gifted player, but he’s also a bit of a s**t bloke and a cheap shot artist.

My prediction is he will play 3-6 games at most this season, and will spend the rest of his time getting into fights in the SANFL.

Dude, the negative stuff is there for a reason. He got suspended 3 times this year?? He ran at a bloke with a flying elbow in the VFL...and his diving and flopping was seen by everyone with two eyes.

He’s a gifted player, but he’s also a bit of a s**t bloke and a cheap shot artist.

My prediction is he will play 3-6 games at most this season, and will spend the rest of his time getting into fights in the SANFL.

Say whatever else you like about him, but he's absolutely not a s**t bloke. No one who knows him personally has a bad word to say about him. He's highly regarded at North, including for the work he's done in the indigenous community.

Sure, he had a poor season in more ways than one. Got frustrated, copped his whack. The flopping and diving was something he did a few seasons ago and he's still being crucified for it. Selwood and Shuey, amongst others, have been doing it for years and they don't get near as much grief as LT. LT's coat-hanger tackle on Hunter in 2016 also got him crucified (and weeks) but it was no different from 3 or 4 others that happened the same season and went unpunished.

I suspect you might be right about how few games he plays for Port, but it might click for him and if so, he'll stay in the team. I'll be barracking for Port in the finals if LT is in the team (if not, f*** 'em), assuming the likely situation of North not making it this year.

Say whatever else you like about him, but he's absolutely not a s**t bloke. No one who knows him personally has a bad word to say about him. He's highly regarded at North, including for the work he's done in the indigenous community.

Sure, he had a poor season in more ways than one. Got frustrated, copped his whack. The flopping and diving was something he did a few seasons ago and he's still being crucified for it. Selwood and Shuey, amongst others, have been doing it for years and they don't get near as much grief as LT. LT's coat-hanger tackle on Hunter in 2016 also got him crucified (and weeks) but it was no different from 3 or 4 others that happened the same season and went unpunished.

I suspect you might be right about how few games he plays for Port, but it might click for him and if so, he'll stay in the team. I'll be barracking for Port in the finals if LT is in the team (if not, f*** 'em), assuming the likely situation of North not making it this year.
Fair call re the indigenous stuff, TBH I wouldn’t know what he does off the field.

Re the ducking and diving, yep other players like Selwood and Shuey get away with it a lot more in the media, but not around here, which is why the bay is still a good place. Very few sacred cows in Bay 13.

TBH though, I don’t think he ever stopped doing it, he just tried to because he was copping so much flak for it. I wish the media would go as hard at the other duckers as they did with LT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Thomas can show that 2017 was an aberration and get back to displaying the same sort of form he showed in 2012-2016, he'll play plenty of games this year. Port have had an opening for his type of player for years.

He won't but I'll be very happy if he sticks it up people and has a ripping year.

Luv is correct, he is a terrific fella and very humble.

He won't but I'll be very happy if he sticks it up people and has a ripping year.

Luv is correct, he is a terrific fella and very humble.
Note you didn't use the word "upstanding"

lol a player who got 20 brownlow vots and won his b and f from 14 games gets in top 10 because op doesnt like his morals. Op has serious issues.

I thought his serious issues involved a fetish where he dressed up as an airline pilot and took part in various activities with a girl in Noble Park.

lol a player who got 20 brownlow vots and won his b and f from 14 games gets in top 10 because op doesnt like his morals. Op has serious issues.

If you don't get the purpose of Bay 13 and this thread... I think you're the one with issues. :D

Where’s Mo Hope?

In the interests of equality, Mof needs to include her in the 2018 list, even if it's amongst the players who would've made it if they played an AFL game.

In the interests of equality, Mof needs to include her in the 2018 list, even if it's amongst the players who would've made it if they played an AFL game.
Will she meet the minimum games requirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back