Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Player 49 - Cyril Rioli

Pictured: Cyril tries to fill the gap at the Hawks left by Sam Mitchell's departure

Ah Cyril. Bruce McAvaney was still losing his s**t over Cyril this year despite his less than stellar form in the first two months.
Not since Gabi Greko walked around Bourke St topless has someone so average received so much undeserved attention.

Cyril had a really, really poor year by his standards. Without a dominant midfield and no longer copping the 4th or 5th best defender, Cyril has been exposed as a 'flash in the pan when everyone else does the heavy lifting' type small forward. Who would have thought getting rid of your two best midfielders would have a negative effect on the team hey?

'Oh, but it's what he does when he doesn't have the ball' the Hawfies will cry. Yeah, well I can not get the ball from the stands, knock over a pie and beer at the halftime break, and not impact on the salary cap in any way. I'll even uber to training if I've had a skinful, wow I'm a good bloke.

Anyway Cyril, constantly nominated (by Hawks fans only) as one of the game's premier small forwards, managed 5 goals 7 behinds this year, less than 8 and a half effective disposals per game and somehow 2 hit outs for the year. "But... but... he provides defensive pressure" which is an interesting defence when you consider he managed only one tackle in total in his last two games for the year (rounds 7 & 8).

"But he brings others into the game"... yeah, with his free tickets perhaps. In only one out of 8 games did he manage any goal assists - so he's either burning his teammates and playing selfishly or... nah, the first explanation is the only one that matters. Someone should really sit him down this off season and explain to Cyril that football is a team sport, like soccer, cricket or a Cronulla Sharks date.

Cyril, the only thing 'delicious' about you this year was the tears of your supporters desperately trying to explain away your drop in output. Welcome to your first entry in a Bottom 50.
Perfect.

The hawk posters after this factual piece was hilarious.

Mofra how 'bout an AFLX bottom 5 after the end of the tournament? :drunk:

Wouldn't that just be a listing of the idiots responsible for the AFLX idea and introduction ??

Mofra how 'bout an AFLX bottom 5 after the end of the tournament? :drunk:
I have honestly not seen a minute of it nor am I likely to. Jazzed up seppo inspired bullshit.

Our regular game is already on par time wise with 20/20, no need to try and force some stupid version onto the masses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think that will achieve?

I might be able to recognise them on tv If they get a proper game.
( The AFLX commentators were doing a bit of the ..... kicks it and .....that StKilda guy marks it easily.... um er ... Ed Phillips ).

The rise and rise and rise of no.2
What a man what a player.

chris-mayne-captain-starlight.jpg

The sheer irony that Mundy may get a medal before the entire Fremantle team.
Probably polar opposites as players, Mundy & Mayne
Definitely hoping for Mayney to win that medal.
Go Pies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back