Society/Culture Monarchy vs Republic for Australia, and what is your main reasoning?

Remove this Banner Ad

I will never acknowledge Charles or his 'mistress'.

Time for Australia to be independent without having to fight a war and lose endless lives over some other countries edicts.
We are independent you uninformed human, we are a sovereign nation, you can acknowledge or not, anyone you like.

But go educate your self on this system of government under a system of Monarchy, this day and age its about the
style of governing,a single power protection the Governor General has. Only one.

Its about the the fact that its not now that you worry.
Its in the future and how future governments work or "change"

So you have a President if we went republic how do we elect him/her, maybe the same way as the GG is picked.
If you change nothing but the name OK.

its when things may change down the track REMEMBER I SAID MAY CHANGE. And you can never guarantee it will or
won't . And if you get a President that can say "I have a mandate now because I wasn't picked, as a neutral single
power representative"
Naaaaah the rules were changed somehow some way? And I am now being voted in by the public there's my mandate
FOR ONE PERSON! You see , or not , go learn , its not 100% but its frigging well frightening to me and that's the chance you take
When you mess with the constitution, and change rules.

It changes EVERYTHING that we hold dear in our system now.

Now it may not happen, but it can!
And right now we have the best government system on the planet, unless you like
despots like Putin etc?????? Or senile old chaps like the USA have!

We do not need another system, we do not kowtow to the British monarchy they are a part of the ceremonial standards we have
in Australia with our history , what ever you want to call it, 65 thousand years, or 240 years, change your constitution in any manner
you are asking for the chance, small as it is , to create a dictator . What we have now allows no dictators.

If you don't understand, or can't follow or don't want to believe it, I don't care.
What I said is a fact, there is no need for a Republic WE ARE A SOVEREIGN NATION.

If you have some magazine womans weekly type ideals about King Charles and Camilla
well that's juvenile.
And probably you may have loved Diana, well she was a ceremonial figure too, and a good person no doubt
She had no say in anything about us. She did some good charity and royal work, politically she was not involved as The Royal Family should never be.

Oh if you heard of Gough you may also need to be told, that Kerr and Barwick decided his governments fate.
Not the Queen,
Why because of historical protocols, as a courtesy, she would have been informed there IS NO WAY KNOWN
ON EARTH SHE WOULD HAVE MADE A DECISION FOR US, we are Australia not the UK
AND WOULD NOT HAVE BECAUSE SHE WAS SWORN TO HER DUTY AND THE EMPIRE WAS GONE.
It was the Commonwealth, and Australia was and is a sovereign nation. So go learn and stop making nasty comments about people who are allies and historically connected BUT HAVE NO SAY OVER US.
And to use that as a reason to want a republic that, down the track might become something you , your children or your grand children
may never ever have wanted
Maybe not too?

But the chance is there!!! AND WE DON'T NEED A CHANGE, WE'RE FINE , in fact better than most!

So go find out properly, and stop bagging something or someone you seem to not understand!

The Royal family and our history.

We are Australians not Brits!

Ahhhh did we?
OOOOOOH yes we did, what ever your imagination comes up with the GG used his powers to save this country from a debt that we would still be paying off and maybe not finished and to GOD KNOWS WHO?

And I was suitably outraged in the day, being young and very Labor wise, now I know that it had to happen.
I think Gough was a statesman I don't think some that surrounded him were good folk or they were dumb!!

The Queen had no say! Just a courtesy call is all.

Kerr and Barwick did the deed if you don't know Mr Happy go find out.

Or have a read of my reply to Shai. I think the spelling is right.

We all need educating politically in this country.
The "she'll be right" attitude and no interest will have us in a sewer of bad fortunes
the way things are going in Australia. The fear factor is alive and well here
as is the lies and panic of things that have been with the earth for millions and millions of years. .

To many Aussies take no notice. A republic is a thing that might be OK, chances are it won't.
And we are doing fine under the protection of a system of monarchy , and the ruling power
that goes with it. FROM A NON ELECTED GG. Change that elected word and you have trouble.

the beautiful thing is, don't

we have not had a single incident in the history of our constitution where the monarchy has called upon their powers. we have one incident where the GG acted upon his power and the people of Australia decided he was right
Lots don't see , in fact lots see nothing just roll on by. Hell its dangerous not taking notice. Lots don't. Baffles me and I am no politically educated or anything really educated at all, I see things that worry me.
But I will be gone I'd reckon its the next lot that will face the stupidity of change for no reason!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back