Game Day Monday Night Football - Crows vs Saints

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your thoughts. Things are maybe never as bad as they seem and maybe never as good as they seem. There are some positives from tonights game but we get to see things every week and can see some glaring problems with the club that keep getting let through to the keeper. But please feel free to post here..very polite poster

Thank you for that, always an unknown posting on as an oppo supporter after a loss.

I think my point was St. Kilda is probably going to sneak into the 8 and the Crows played them hard, and at their best could have beaten them. I felt watching the game you were on the cusp until midway in the 4th quarter. You have a lot of young players with good upsides, it's just the most painful stage pf the process. You also lost Eddie Betts (irreplaceable talent) and that hurts your forward options. Tex can't carry the team (though he sure tried tonight)

Again maybe I'm being too positive, but I hope your boys take away that their best today could have knocked off a finals team had they just kicked a little straighter.

I'll try to watch your matches more regularly though.

Yes. First game of footy all year. Might be the only one you get to go to. Perfect weather. Would normally expect high 40’s. It’s a terrible crowd number.
Ahhh the maximum allowed to go was 25k and it was a Monday night?? How many supporters do you reckon pledged enough so they were eligible to go?
A fair number of this board opted out and took the $60 option which ment they couldn't attend games

I just find it interesting whenever Ricciuto talks about current performance he says "they" and whenever he talks about the future he says "we". Might as well have Trump on the board - none of the bad stuff is his fault but all of the good stuff is down to him.

This was pre-match:

“It’s unusual for Adelaide to be underperforming at the start of the year like they are at the moment, but they also know they’ve got to have a rebuild,” he said. We‘re going to get some games into some kids, we’re going to recruit some young talent and we’re going to give them some time, so it’s going to take two, three or maybe five years to get back up to being a really good team in the competition.”

I just find it interesting whenever Ricciuto talks about current performance he says "they" and whenever he talks about the future he says "we". Might as well have Trump on the board - none of the bad stuff is his fault but all of the good stuff is down to him.

This was pre-match:

“It’s unusual for Adelaide to be underperforming at the start of the year like they are at the moment, but they also know they’ve got to have a rebuild,” he said. We‘re going to get some games into some kids, we’re going to recruit some young talent and we’re going to give them some time, so it’s going to take two, three or maybe five years to get back up to being a really good team in the competition.”

We’re a club that exists to be competitive, is all about maintaining crowd numbers, and has arsed every coach who missed the 8 in consecutive years.

A 5 year rebuild would show an unprecedented level of patience. They’ll panic once the crowd drops off anyway.

We’re a club that exists to be competitive, is all about maintaining crowd numbers, and has arsed every coach who missed the 8 in consecutive years.

A 5 year rebuild would show an unprecedented level of patience. They’ll panic once the crowd drops off anyway.

Not the point. When the playing group fails, they're on their own. Not even the footy director on the board has their back. We already have kids playing who'll be the backbone of the next generation. They need to see evidence of "we fly as one" now when it really means something.

There's a lot of talk about 5 year rebuilds but not a lot of talk about what caused us to get into the position to need a 5 year rebuild. Don't hear any current members of the admin mentioning mistakes made. Strangely quiet. What makes anyone think that the people who got us into this mess would have any clue how get us out?

Watching Riccuito on the telecast tonight was cringeworthy at times. How can you have a football director commentating on a club where he has been a central figure in it's failings. Get the feeling the commentators were thinking the same thing.

Last edited:
He’s S H I T . If you don’t move like a Nathan Bock , Dougal Howard, Darcy Moore type for a tall defender then do not draft . Does anyone ever see MCAsey doing a 10 to 20 metre run running away from a forward and taking a bounce .?
Only, I think we've ascertained he's not a defender.

Hammill didn't have a great game but that last handball to set up Keays goal was so clean. Put right where he wanted Keays to run to. Crouches could learn a thing or two from that handball.
ANYONE who handballed 6 inches to a player flat footed and with a direct opponent (and there were PLENTY), could learn a thing or two from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was pre-match:

This five year rebuild - we need a long term coach. Nicks aint it.

Did I hear right?

Only 13,000 tonight?

Wow. If that’s not a wake up call for the crows heirarchy I don’t know what is.

I expect Port will sell out their allocation.
Really? In a pandemic where older folk are considered at risk? You expected them to come out? Also... we are a bit s**t. There's also that.

Ahhh the maximum allowed to go was 25k and it was a Monday night?? How many supporters do you reckon pledged enough so they were eligible to go?
A fair number of this board opted out and took the $60 option which ment they couldn't attend games
And people like my family, qualified to go in the ballot (as 50% pledge) but obviously couldn't go.

Yes. First game of footy all year. Might be the only one you get to go to. Perfect weather. Would normally expect high 40’s. It’s a terrible crowd number.
School went back in SA this week too. A number of people were caught out by not registering barcodes together so then weren’t sitting together and ended up not bothering. Plus the team is average. 18k is fine under the circumstances, should get a bigger crowd on Sunday.

Back