News Monkhurst and Otten leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted to lose Monky. Was one of the best in the business and part of the furniture. Huge part in our success in nullifying one of the games great ruckman in Sandilands.
As you say, he was part of the furniture so will leave a gap beyond the work he did as a coach. Thanks and best wishes, Monky.

Gutted to lose Monky. Was one of the best in the business and part of the furniture. Huge part in our success in nullifying one of the games great ruckman in Sandilands.
Yes, pretty sad news. McEvoy didn't want to mention any of his coaches by name when he retired but couldn't resist mentioning Monky's huge influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame to see a couple great servants leave, but honestly, i'm excited to see how we use all this new found space in the soft cap.

As much as everyone loves Monkhurst our ruckwork has been terrible for years. Ceglar was the master of hitouts to disadvantage, Reeves had period of doing similar once they worked out where he was going
Agree our ruckwork around the ground & at centre ball ups is bland and predictable, no wonder our clearance work is the worst in the league.

The opposition know where we are tapping the ball to the majority of the time, let’s use Reeve’s height to our advantage and have him moving the ball forward not at his feet. Let’s become unpredictable, we might even become a far better clearance team with a bit more flair in the ruck role.

Can't say I was ever convinced Monkhorst was a great ruck coach. Might have been a great clubman but I reckon a lot of our midfield woes have been down to poor ruck work. Not all Monkhorst's fault as the ruck talent was modest. A decent ruck coach plus Brodie Grundy could make a big difference to our midfield.

Clarkson rebuilt The club when it was required. A once in a lifetime coach.

I have never been a fan of ex players ( for good reason ) taking over.

I'm scared, very scared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back