Montreal, Canada

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there for 5 days just 2 weeks ago :). Very nice city lots of historic architecture, friendly people and Mont Royal Park in the snow is stunning. Its got a bit of an artsy, bohemian feel to it...perhaps not at its economic peak but still vibrant.

I'd also suggest staying in Quebec City if your in the area for at least one or two nights, the Old City feels like one of the older arrondisements you'd find in Paris, definitely worth visiting.

While Montreal/Quebec are both majority French-speaking cities only met one person the whole time who didn't speak at least some English, so no major issues there.

I went on a student exchange there in April/May 2011 and it was awesome, everyone is nice and if you can try and go there during hockey playoffs it's absolutely nuts how much they love their habs.

I've never been, but Quebec (and Canada as a whole) seems like an interesting location.

I've been told that the women of Quebec are noticeably attractive. The few I have met in Australia were true to this generalisation.

Many visitors of Quebec will advise that Quebec City is just as interesting as Montreal.

I was there for 5 days just 2 weeks ago :). Very nice city lots of historic architecture, friendly people and Mont Royal Park in the snow is stunning. Its got a bit of an artsy, bohemian feel to it...perhaps not at its economic peak but still vibrant.

I'd also suggest staying in Quebec City if your in the area for at least one or two nights, the Old City feels like one of the older arrondisements you'd find in Paris, definitely worth visiting.

While Montreal/Quebec are both majority French-speaking cities only met one person the whole time who didn't speak at least some English, so no major issues there.

I agree. Montreal and Quebec City are amazing. Absolute must do.

Toronto on the other hand has a Melbourne multicultural feel and a nice place to live. There's nothing really that stands out for tourists though (aside from CN Tower) but worth a visit for anyone with time to spare in Eastern Canada.

Anyone been to Montreal, Canada??

what's it like?? any info?

cheers

Give us a bit of a helping hand mate-what sort of things are you into?
You'll probably find you get responses better suited to your plans.
For starters, have a read of http://www.tript.com/site/Montreal

Make sure you prebook major train or bus journeys in advance as they are expensive last minute.

City for all ages and stages in life.

For the young its an insane party atmosphere with hot single liberated people.

For the old or (old at heart) its full of history.

You can't go wrong with it.

Toronto on the other hand has a Melbourne multicultural feel and a nice place to live. There's nothing really that stands out for tourists though (aside from CN Tower) but worth a visit for anyone with time to spare in Eastern Canada.

Agree with this.

Awesome city to live and make a life in but for the tourist there isn't much in Toronto. I'd spend 2 days max in the city as a tourist.

Lived there for a few months in the summer of 01.

Excellent, excellent times.

I'm heading there for a couple of nights. One day I'm doing a tour to Quebec City, and the other will be a day trip in-and-around Montreal with an Ottawa-based mate of mine who knows the area extremely well.

But still, will need to get my French 'words and phrases' guide ready just in case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back