Stealth bomber

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2000
Denver, Colorado
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GB Packers, STL Cards, PHI Flyers
Pardon me for coming over from enemy territory, but I was curious as to what you all thought of the possibility of using Moorabbin as an active ground again, even if for a short period of time.

Logistically I think the AFL needs a venue on that side of town and I like the idea of a suburban oval being used again. Do you think it is just a pipe dream or something that should seriously be considered?

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
Pardon me for coming over from enemy territory, but I was curious as to what you all thought of the possibility of using Moorabbin as an active ground again, even if for a short period of time.

Logistically I think the AFL needs a venue on that side of town and I like the idea of a suburban oval being used again. Do you think it is just a pipe dream or something that should seriously be considered?

I think Falchoon is right.

While many of us would love to play our home games against the interstate teams at Moorabbin, I'm not sure how feasible it would be. Millions would need to be spent to get the ground back up to AFL standard sadly. At the same time I doubt the AFL would allow it anyway because they certainly weren't backward in coming forward in suggesting that the Victorian teams abandoned their suburban bases as home grounds during the 1980's and 1990's.

The reason Butterss bought up the issue is that some Victorian teams are making significant losses playing home games against interstate sides at the major venues, particularly Colonial Stadium. As unlikely as a partial move back to Moorabbin would be, at least the issue has been bought back into the public eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back